Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is your favorite season in Arizona?
Winter 16 25.00%
Spring 16 25.00%
Foresummer Drought 3 4.69%
Summer Monsoon 11 17.19%
Autumn 18 28.13%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2018, 08:17 PM

525 posts, read 279,373 times

Advertisements

For those who either live in or have been to Arizona, what is your favorite season there?

Last edited by SawuScimitar74; 08-16-2018 at 08:18 PM.. Reason: Missed a word
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2018, 08:19 PM

15,252 posts, read 12,964,014 times
Too general a question.

What part of Arizona?

Old 08-16-2018, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
Too general a question.

What part of Arizona?
Any and every part of Arizona.

Old 08-17-2018, 09:25 AM

4,071 posts, read 5,147,258 times
Well you are going to get multiple answers for this then and it won't be based on regional data. Summers in Flagstaff are beautiful while (arguably) residents on the Phoenix MSA, Tucson and other lower elevations are just wanting to get through it. Winters in Phoenix are beautiful but unless you like snow...can be quite cold in the Northern part of the State. Rim Country is pretty nice all year round and Prescott is fairly temperate (some snow and not too hot in the Summer). The fallacy in this question is AZ has climate zones ranging from Frozen Tundra to Desert...you are not getting a controlled perspective.

Old 08-17-2018, 10:26 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,966,125 times
Who likes monsoon season? Its stifling, muggy, buggy, dusty, and dirty. I chose winter all the way... dry air, mild days, cold nights.

Old 08-17-2018, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtAZ View Post
Well you are going to get multiple answers for this then and it won't be based on regional data. Summers in Flagstaff are beautiful while (arguably) residents on the Phoenix MSA, Tucson and other lower elevations are just wanting to get through it. Winters in Phoenix are beautiful but unless you like snow...can be quite cold in the Northern part of the State. Rim Country is pretty nice all year round and Prescott is fairly temperate (some snow and not too hot in the Summer). The fallacy in this question is AZ has climate zones ranging from Frozen Tundra to Desert...you are not getting a controlled perspective.
I do not mind getting multiple answers. Yes, the seasons will definitely be a little different based on where you are in Arizona and what elevation you lie at. Nonetheless, I would like to know what season the residents and/or visitors of Arizona would enjoy most. I'm expecting the winter and summer monsoon to be the two seasons that everyone will enjoy the most. Personally, I like the foresummer drought because the temperatures are very high, but the humidity is very low, which helps to moderate the heat. It is also characterized by abundant sunshine with few, if any, cloudy days. You could say this is another term for early summer, since this is the months May and June, which are usually bone-dry.

Old 08-17-2018, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
Who likes monsoon season? Its stifling, muggy, buggy, dusty, and dirty. I chose winter all the way... dry air, mild days, cold nights.
I only like the monsoon season when it actually rains. It really sucks when it doesn't. For me, foresummer drought all the way since it's early summer (May and June) and the excessively dry air helps offer mild relief from the intense summer heat.

Last edited by SawuScimitar74; 08-17-2018 at 11:01 AM.. Reason: Word that makes more sense

Old 08-17-2018, 11:01 AM

988 posts, read 682,880 times
I like all the seasons, even summer in the desert. They're different. But I agree the question is too broad. I've lived in Flagstaff, and I've lived in Phoenix. Totally different deals. Not "a little" different. Totally, completely, almost can't compare them different.

Old 08-17-2018, 11:01 AM

872 posts, read 999,724 times
For the state of AZ I chose Spring with Autumn in a close 2nd

Beautiful times of the year with flowers, leaves, warm weather, blue skies

Old 08-17-2018, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unwillingphoenician View Post
I like all the seasons, even summer in the desert. They're different. But I agree the question is too broad. I've lived in Flagstaff, and I've lived in Phoenix. Totally different deals. Not "a little" different. Totally, completely, almost can't compare them different.
In the desert, I would choose early summer without hesitation if I had to choose any part of summer. When it's hot out, it really sucks when it's humid. The drier the air is on a hot day, the better. On the contrary, when it's cold out, I like it more humid so my skin doesn't dry out as easily. I've lived in the Phoenix area my entire life pretty much. However, I have been to Flagstaff in both the winter and summer. Winter up there is too cold for my liking, so I would just stay in the desert during the winter months. In the summer, I don't mind the heat, but I know that many Phoenix area residents will try to get away from it whenever possible. Flagstaff is a good getaway spot from the heat, but the White Mountains are even better since they're even cooler than Flagstaff. That being said, the climates of Phoenix and Flagstaff are indeed different, but they do have the same seasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona