Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 05:36 PM

13,221 posts, read 21,844,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
BLT= Bitter Lonely Troll
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2008, 08:11 AM

76 posts, read 307,521 times
US News (best colleges) rates NAU as a "fourth tier national university." It would prepare one well for low paying service jobs in BHC. Median hh income in BHC is $29,581. A measly 8% of BHC residents have a Bachelor's degree or higher.

Old 05-10-2008, 06:39 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,153,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgermanguy View Post
US News (best colleges) rates NAU as a "fourth tier national university." It would prepare one well for low paying service jobs in BHC. Median hh income in BHC is $29,581. A measly 8% of BHC residents have a Bachelor's degree or higher.
More and more I think about it: even a BA/BS is no longer the ticket to the educated life-------one is now facing a Masters or higher to even be a teacher that pays, what $40K a year.

One problem with the USA is too many 'over qualified' people chasing too few jobs.

Face it: a skilled Blue Collar tradesman (M/F) oftentimes equals or surpasses a 'degreed' individual.

NOTE: I am not referring to physicians, lawyers, CPAs, engineers, etc. where one needs 'book learning' admittedly.

Old 05-11-2008, 12:29 AM

3 posts, read 12,046 times
I have lived in bullhead 20 years and recently moved to phoenix,thank god.
yes its a ugly place and most of its run down. my mom and my 2 teenage kids live there still, my kids like it there because they been there their entire lives. There are nice homes on the bullhead parkway that you could afford,well cheaper than what your paying in vegas and the fox creek juinor high is on the parkway and is way better than bullhead juinor high.
also its much hotter there, even hotter than vegas and theres alot of meth users in bullhead.
I can recomend some day care centers in bullhead, since my kids been to almost all of them back when they were younger. we liked fundamentals on the park way and also good elementary school is sunrise on the parkway. basically if you stay on the parkway your good. ha ha

Old 05-14-2008, 12:06 AM

58 posts, read 189,075 times
Stay away from Bullhead, my wife works the area Hospitals and WARMC is full of low skilled staff. They hire almost anyone and most are running away from something. Drugs, degenerates, true hillbillys, dirty! CA is the best nursing in the country, patient ratios, pay, benifits, etc.

Old 05-18-2008, 09:34 PM

19 posts, read 51,276 times
Well, thanks to you all for replying! I really appreciate it! Your letters helped a bunch! I've been interviewing at a few different places and I'll decide once all of my job interviews are complete. Wish me luck! (and Thanks again!!)

Old 06-26-2008, 10:31 PM

43 posts, read 225,527 times
Default Bullhead City

Didn't like it. It was dirty looking, but, there are pretty areas. I, too, like the Parkway and the schools. I believe they're some of the best from what I heard from my sis-in-law. Fort Mohave schools aren't too bad either. But, I think Kingman surpasses Bullhead and Fort Mohave in schools. Kingman has very good academies. There's a good academy in Fort Mohave, Young Scholars. I know this because my sis's kids have gone to Bullhead and Fort Mohave schools, and she's never had any problems, but, I think she prefers the schools in Fort Mohave. But, again, school is what you make of it also. I went to bad schools in Carson, Ca and I did okay! I had to deal with gangbangers! Remember the Bloods and the Crip gangs? Yeah, I went to school with some of em! I just prefer the Golden Valley/Kingman area over Bullhead/Ft. Mohave. And some prefer Bullhead/Ft.Mohave over Golden Valley/Kingman. Check out the towns before making a serious move, because many come here expecting different things, and then end up hating it and wishing they never came. Never had that experience because I knew what to expect. So, get information and come on out!

Old 06-27-2008, 11:23 PM

19 posts, read 51,276 times
Thanks JenniJen! It's funny I read your post today because I am actually going to be in Kingman next week for an interview..(I decided not to take the job in Bullhead). I have been readin some threads on here that are scarey, and some that are nice about the area of Kingman. I've never been there so we'll see next week. I hear it's a small town and it sounds like there isn't any chain restaurants etc there..nor does it sound like they have shopping..like a Target or Wal-Mart even? I don't know..i grew up in a SMALL town in northern Michigan where everyone was excited because Applebee's was coming! So I know how it is..i'm not so sure I want to go back to THAT sort of atmosphere..but then again Kingman's not far from the big cities right?! MY situation is this, I really think I would prefer to head back to the central states..like TN, North or South Carolina, KY or even AR. I just miss the trees, lakes, thunder storms..(not the snow)..but i miss the smell of the leaves in the fall..that sort of thing...But right now, I really have no choice but to stay out here (Arizona, CA, NV area) for a while longer to save some money. My parents are in a jam and I need to help..Me being a single mom, when i first moved out here to Vegas, my parents came out to help me until I found a good day care and got on my feet etc..they were going to spend the winter with me and then go back to Michigan. Well, in Jan they were in a car accident and totaled their car..now we have only one car..(mine) and my father (bless his heart) at age 70 had to get a job to help pay their house payments back in MI. They are going through a law suit right now, and they can not leave until my mother has been cleared by her doctors. (she was hurt in the crash and they are suing the guy who hit them while recklessly driving) Anyway, they are now facing forclosure on their home in MI and are struggling to pay their bills..I have been helping all that I can, giving them my tax return checks and most of my paychecks..but now with all this crap happening in Vegas with medical care and doctors showing up to work drunk, and some doctors not even having a medical license and still practicing..(one guy was even doing lazor surgery on patients and he wasn't even a DOCTOR!) and the whole HEP and HIV thing happening with the out pt surgery centers..needless to say i no longer wish to work in the state of Nevada, ( I am actaully embarrassed to say i did in the first place!) and did not renew my license..I really felt I had no choice because I was actually working with some of the doctors who are being sued for malpractice etc..(not knowing at the time that they were doing wrong or had done wrong before i worked there) and that SCARED me..I did NOT work as hard as I did, and spend all that time away from my children while in nursing school just so some doctor who can barely speak english kills someone on MY watch ya know...but I have to stay around the area and work until I can save some money to help my parents and at the same time help myself! So THAT is the reason why I am looking in the areas of Kingman, BHC, and even as far as Glendale...I just don't know though if I would want to buy a house and raise my children out here..so, I am waiting to see if a great job is offered and maybe I'll fall in love with the place. I know....I am dealing with some major problems right?!hehehe...I just feel so confused because my oldest is approaching his teen years (he'll be in 6th grade next year) and I really didn't want to keep moving him around..I really want nothing more than to find that place to settle! But right now..i HAVE to find work out here..whether I hate it and it turns out to be a temp thing for a year or so, or i fall in love with the area i choose, and the hospital i end up working for, and decide to stay indefinetly...either way..i just want to be in a nice area for my kids! I thank everyone again for their input..and I welcome more!!! I am still sitting here trying to decide what the heck to do! And where the heck to go that I won't be absolutely MISERABLE!

Old 06-28-2008, 12:32 AM

43 posts, read 225,527 times
Default Bullhead City

Hi, I think I left you a post on another thread about the doctors in Kingman? But anyway, Bullhead is okay, I liked the Parkway. Steve Brasher has posted good info about that area. There's nice homes and good schools. Kingman, is still small, but there's a Chili's, Cracker Barrel, Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Smith's, Safeway, nice parks, and there are good schools. The ones that look really nice are near the library. They're the academies. And there's an elementary, junior high and a highschool. I hear good things about those. I'm in Golden Valley, but always running to play over in Kingman. Activities can be found at the library and parks and recreation. And, when it gets too hot for you, yes, it will!, take your picnic to the Hualapai Mountain Park. Anyway, I'm sure I've left out stuff, hopefully others will fill in the gaps. In Bullhead, there's Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Target, Kohl's, Chili's, and alot more stuff. It's growing! Some people like it there. My mom's in Fort Mohave and loves it. I think Fort Mohave is nicer than Bullhead, of course, that's only an opinion! I prefer to be out here because it is a bit cooler.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona