Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2021, 07:53 PM

1,047 posts, read 728,654 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I will ask him in a few what kind of Mustang it was but I did say when I saw the price is that a Shelby and he said no.
He has Shelby books and does stuff to his Mustang to make it look like one. I don't know anything about cars so don't know if that is common or tacky but people do stop him and seem to over react like he fooled a few.

But it surely isn't one!

And he never learned to fix cars.

Funny where you are because it crossed my mind to move to Peekskill when Manhattan was no longer manageable.
I like that town a lot.
I had no idea about the schools.

I did hear a decade ago many NYC artist moved there to be near NYC but have an affordable life. And people seem a lot friendlier.

He is like you with all the house stuff .... He just watches on YouTube and learns that way. In Vegas we had a broker call and say, "is that (I forgot word) but a drawing or your real home?" Rendition may have been word.

Which I took to be a huge compliment.

Someone here said if your intention is to sell don't put down the town.

But when he is finished with his renovations on the home I am sincerely invested and so impressed and loved showing people little details the brokers would never see. I did that within in 20 seconds then left home so they could be alone.

I'm sure I will be the same when he is done with the AZ home.

That is quite cute your wife helps a little with your cars.

I definitely respect people that show up with a used car they bought or created because so many are phony with their brand new Benz they are only leasing.

Thank you for your positivity.

Last edited by fly_me; 09-16-2021 at 08:03 PM.. Reason: Typo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2021, 08:02 PM

His quote on car for 325k is this, "I recall a 1970 Boss 302 painted Emerald Green." And he also called it a pony or trailer car ? Meaning no miles. Just for show and rides on a trailer.

Old 09-16-2021, 08:04 PM

Thank you. I look forward to doing that.

Old 09-16-2021, 09:11 PM

7,511 posts, read 4,367,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly_me View Post
Hi,

I will ask him in a few what kind of Mustang it was but I did say when I saw the price is that a Shelby and he said no.
He has Shelby books and does stuff to his Mustang to make it look like one. I don't know anything about cars so don't know if that is common or tacky but people do stop him and seem to over react like he fooled a few.

But it surely isn't one!

And he never learned to fix cars.

Funny where you are because it crossed my mind to move to Peekskill when Manhattan was no longer manageable.
I like that town a lot.
I had no idea about the schools.

I did hear a decade ago many NYC artist moved there to be near NYC but have an affordable life. And people seem a lot friendlier.

He is like you with all the house stuff .... He just watches on YouTube and learns that way. In Vegas we had a broker call and say, "is that (I forgot word) but a drawing or your real home?" Rendition may have been word.

Which I took to be a huge compliment.

Someone here said if your intention is to sell don't put down the town.

But when he is finished with his renovations on the home I am sincerely invested and so impressed and loved showing people little details the brokers would never see. I did that within in 20 seconds then left home so they could be alone.

I'm sure I will be the same when he is done with the AZ home.

That is quite cute your wife helps a little with your cars.

I definitely respect people that show up with a used car they bought or created because so many are phony with their brand new Benz they are only leasing.

Though, I lived so long in NYC & don't even drive (yet) I'm aware enough to know the significance of owning a car over a lease. A lease projects a lie to me.

I understand some men say they have to because work demands it. So I hope new car leasers are not offended at my opinion. I may lease when I leave to drive.
Thank you for your positivity.
Oh yeah people do that with a lot of cars. They call them clones. But you have to be careful as some people will try and pass them off as the real deal. You really have to know what to look for. Let the buyer beware.

Peekskill was what we could afford so that's where we ended up. But the property taxes were astronomical. We were paying almost $12,000 a year for an 1100 sq.ft. 3bdr. 1bth. house with a 3 car garage that was over 11 years ago. Peekskill is a noisy, dirty, litter strewn semi run down small city. Which is a shame as it's right on the Hudson River and has some of the most beautiful old Victorian homes. Some have been renovated but many are dilapidated multi family units. According to one of our old neighbors who was a lifelong Peekskill resident, once section 8 housing came in that was the end of the city. I just don't get it, just because someone is poor there's no real reason to leave all of their garbage and scrawl graffiti all over the place? Why they want to live in such filth is beyond me.

Our old neighborhood wasn't too bad for Peekskill. But there were still signs of urban decay. Dilapidated sidewalks, litter within the tall weeds growing on city property along with a few extremely run down single family homes. We'd go pick up the litter but the next day it was just as bad. People throwing their trash out the window while blaring music that would rattle every window in our house. It wasn't as bad when we first bought there but got progressively worse over the years. A few single family homes were turned into illegal apartments crammed with non English speaking tenants. Calls to code enforcement was an exercise in futility.

Leasing a car is a viable option if you put a lot of miles on a car or just have to have a new one every couple of years. The downside is that you don't own it when the lease is up. But you do have the option of buying it. One of our neighbors in New York just had to have a new car every two years. She kept on trading in the old one and always lost a lot of money on a trade in. Until finally she got smart and started leasing one. She never even drove that much. She was the type that always had to out do the Joneses. She wouldn't be caught dead in an older vehicle. Before you buy or lease there are things that you have to take into consideration.

I bought our truck brand new 21 years ago and took exceptionally good care of it and it's still our everyday transportation. It's more than paid for itself and since it's in like new condition I could probably get what I paid for it. In fact I've been offered close to it. But turned it down as I'd never get one as nice for that kind of money. It figures though after all I am a car guy.

Yeah my wife's into cars too. One of the antique cars we have is from the 1930's I bought it while we were dating and we still have it today. We used to take that car all over the place until it became time to do a complete restoration. I also had a street rod that I built at the time too. I had that before we started dating.

Old 09-16-2021, 09:18 PM

Quote:
His quote on car for 325k is this, "I recall a 1970 Boss 302 painted Emerald Green." And he also called it a pony or trailer car ? Meaning no miles. Just for show and rides on a trailer.
That sounds about right. They were limited production from Ford. In order to qualify for stock car racing an auto manufacturer would have to make so many for sale to the general public for everyday use otherwise they wouldn't be a "stock car". Usually it's 500 cars.

Yeah, unless you're a multi millionaire you really don't want to take a 325K and up car out on the public highway. We call them "trailer queens".

Old 09-16-2021, 10:53 PM

Oh, his car is not a clone. That would be embarrassing. I already wonder if the few Shelby touches are cheesy.

Old 09-16-2021, 11:26 PM

44,658 posts, read 61,714,444 times
Here are the five most expensive Mustangs ever sold.
1965 Shelby Mustang GT350R — US$3.5 million. ...
1968 Ford Mustang GT390 “Bullitt” — US$3.4 million. ...
1967 Shelby GT500 Super Snake — US$1.3 Million. ...
2020 Ford Shelby Mustang GT500 — US$1.1 million. ...
1967 Shelby Mustang GT500 “Eleanor” — US$1 million.
https://driving.ca/features/feature-...angs-ever-sold

Old 09-17-2021, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Oh, his car is not a clone. That would be embarrassing. I already wonder if the few Shelby touches are cheesy.
It would only be embarrassing or down right criminal if someone tried to pass off a cloned vehicle as the real deal.

When you're spending that kind of money (325K) or more on a car. The buyer will most certainly have an expert look it over before they buy it. Many times the discriminating buyer is an expert themselves. They'll know every nut, screw, bolt and washer, its history, production numbers, serial numbers, VIN numbers, when it was manufactured and who it's original owner was.

If done right there really is not that much difference between a cloned car and the real deal. However it is not the real deal and the sale price will more often than not reflect that. There's just not enough Shelby's or limited production vehicles to go around to satisfy the demand for them. Because of that people will build their own from a car that was mass produced. With aftermarket performance parts and accessories readily available it's relatively easy for someone to take a standard Mustang and turn it into an almost exact replica of a Shelby or a Boss 302. Or take a Pontiac Lemans and turn it into a GTO, a Plymouth Belvedere into a Hemi Road Runner.

I've been in the car hobby ever since I first got my drivers license. I've never come across anyone who has a cloned car trying to pass it off as the real deal. I've often seen them advertised as either a cloned or a tribute car. Depending on how well the car is done they can go for at least half the price of the real deal.

Old 09-19-2021, 10:40 AM

342 posts, read 322,279 times
I had to look up where Sierra Vista is. I realize I've never even been there. I've been to Bisbee and Tombstone and I lived in Tucson one summer 29 years ago, but that's it for me for that area of southern Arizona. From reading your post about the house you've bought, and the flip, it sounds like you will have to deal with it for at least six months and pocket the profits. Think of this tough time as the cost for making money. Your job, so to speak.

But yeah, super small towns like that have nothing for someone used to bigger cities. I think you mentioned LA somewhere. I know LA. I lived there ten years. And I understand how it can be crazy difficult to find a good colorist. I'm in Louisville, KY now, and there's only one salon in town that does good color, and we have 1 million people in our metro area. LA had SO much more. It's the little things like that you don't think of when you move to a small, isolated area.

The good news is, there's no one to see your hair, and nowhere fancy to go to show it off, particularly with covid, so there's no need to make it look fantastic. Just save the money, do the one tone for now, and your old highlights will show through after a few washings, and that will get you through. Or take a road trip to Phoenix every 2 months.

Good luck!

Old 09-20-2021, 02:34 PM

2,926 posts, read 3,101,309 times
Quote:
<snip>and the billionaires are just laughing at all of us for being petty.
Quoted for truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona