Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 09:40 PM

1 posts, read 3,245 times

Advertisements

Flg stinks. They have the worst Health and Human service programs Ive ever seen. Im not accustomed to such horrible medical and mental health care. If youre NOT wealthy and Healthy dont move here. This is NOT the place for you. I have been here over 15 years and Pray for the day I can leave and go back to Maine. The place they call the Guidance center seriouly lacks in servoces for adults. NARBHA has the worst sytem Ive ever knownand the medical hospital s even JCHAO (sp?) accredited. The doctors are horrendous. GO BACK TO WHERE YOU CAME FROM...dont die here with the rest of us. sems that almost everyone over 30 has some kind of illness...theres lots of cancer survivors here as well as pple on oxygen....a lot of young people have died the past year and they dont care for the senior citizens either...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2009, 05:15 AM

849 posts, read 2,922,504 times
Get used to it. It's not just in Flagstaff, it's everywhere. Spend some time in Florida, and you'll be even more irritated.

Old 02-10-2009, 07:25 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,131,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taviamerican View Post
Flg stinks. They have the worst Health and Human service programs Ive ever seen. Im not accustomed to such horrible medical and mental health care. If youre NOT wealthy and Healthy dont move here. This is NOT the place for you. I have been here over 15 years and Pray for the day I can leave and go back to Maine. The place they call the Guidance center seriouly lacks in servoces for adults. NARBHA has the worst sytem Ive ever knownand the medical hospital s even JCHAO (sp?) accredited. The doctors are horrendous. GO BACK TO WHERE YOU CAME FROM...dont die here with the rest of us. sems that almost everyone over 30 has some kind of illness...theres lots of cancer survivors here as well as pple on oxygen....a lot of young people have died the past year and they dont care for the senior citizens either...
Sounds like Wash DC to me: I am from there (born/raised) and can say that.

My health has been much better since living here in 'dusty' Arizona.

Old 02-10-2009, 09:50 AM

849 posts, read 2,922,504 times
Quote:
Also, it sounds like your main gripe is with the mental health organiations there..NARBHA and Guidance Center are both mental health type facilities/organizations, kinda like the Harbors out here by me. Do you really think you will get quality mental health treatment at joints like those? LOL...they give you a script for Lithium or Zoloft and boot you into the street if you don't have insurance. Do you have insurance? I would probably venture to guess you don't. That's the state of mental health care in our world. I would also be willing to bet if you went back to Maine you'd see things have changed (for the worse) in your absence. AZ and FL are retirement areas. That's why you'll see more ill people in those areas. Heck, they call FL "heaven's waiting room"...

Old 02-10-2009, 09:56 AM

3,440 posts, read 8,039,772 times
Quote:
Lots of young people have died?? From what?? Also are there any rocket laboratorys, or military training grounds in that area???

Old 02-10-2009, 10:00 AM

3,440 posts, read 8,039,772 times
If you watch this... This can give you an idea as to why we might be having all these health problems..

More or less toxic chemicals are disposed of in improper ways... If you ask me a toxic chemical should not be made in the first place!!!

http://www.viddler.com/explore/someguy/videos/62/ (broken link)

Old 02-10-2009, 10:48 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,746,321 times
I am a firm believer in moving to another area if the one you reside in does not meet your expectations or needs. I would suggest taking a look at CA, especially the northern bay area communities. I think you might find what you are seeking.

Old 02-10-2009, 11:14 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,258,323 times
Las Vegas is the absolute worst! Quality Doctors are fleeing leaving only marginal ones behind.

One "clinic" (with a bunch of branches) recently shut down and doctors jailed for reusing needles

Heck - even the public officials go OUT OF STATE for their healthcare

Old 02-10-2009, 11:34 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,131,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Las Vegas is the absolute worst! Quality Doctors are fleeing leaving only marginal ones behind.

One "clinic" (with a bunch of branches) recently shut down and doctors jailed for reusing needles

Heck - even the public officials go OUT OF STATE for their healthcare
You've got to be kidding!

Now; if you had mentioned the Los Angeles area, I would understand but Vegas being a cesspool of poor medical care?

WOW!

(no, I am not calling you a liar either........just shocked)

Old 02-10-2009, 11:55 AM

45 posts, read 171,280 times
prescott hospital is also lacking in the care department. I got into a nasty motorcycle accident and was taken there via ambulance and even tho the nurses and doctors were nice, I felt they did not do anything to help me. I was laying on the board for a few hours and developed a nasty headache, then they twisted my leg into all sorts of positions to check for any tears in my knee but this caused extreme pain and actually further damaged my knee. I was not given any help for the pain nor asked if I wanted any. They x-rayed my left leg pretty good but did not even check my right leg which is the side I landed on. My jeans were not cut off all the way and even though I had told the nurse that I thought my butt cheek was bleeding she did not even bother to check. They slapped a splint on my leg and threw me out in the waiting room without even making sure I had someone to help me. My sister had to peel my jeans off my wounds and had to go to walgreens to clean and dress my wounds because the hospital failed to do so.

Cottonwood hospital is excellent btw. I highly recommend them. They took excellent care of me and I am very pleased.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona