Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 08:49 PM

4,901 posts, read 8,757,327 times

Advertisements

I just wasn't expecting it to change every day. I didn't use a link, I just copied and pasted the picture. Weird.

As I said before, soon the pictures are not going to match the heading! This fall, people will be going, "Whaaaa??"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2017, 02:39 AM

23,223 posts, read 29,051,044 times
Photo's like the OP posted don't tempt me in the least, coming from Minnesota, and having lived in insect-free Las Vegas for 21 years, and not a mosquito bite since I left MN!

I have a friend who lives in Hot Springs and I hear enough of her insect woes living there. What are chiggers anyway?

Old 05-18-2017, 04:07 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Photo's like the OP posted don't tempt me in the least, coming from Minnesota, and having lived in insect-free Las Vegas for 21 years, and not a mosquito bite since I left MN!

I have a friend who lives in Hot Springs and I hear enough of her insect woes living there. What are chiggers anyway?
Chiggers can be a pain if you are allergic to them, but not everyone is and there are sprays that can control them. My husband is one who gets bit pretty badly so he has to remember when he works in the yard to spray himself before he goes out: I never have a problem. I can assure you though, that one thing would not be reason for us not to live here. Hubby loves it as much as I do. At least we have nice green summers and lots of farmers markets. Vegas is a fun place to visit, we thought of retiring there, but our head prevailed and we gave the idea up. 120 degrees in Aug isn't my idea of fun.

Old 05-18-2017, 05:02 AM

^^^

Ever check out Heat/Feel Indices? Heat and humidity combination!! Numbers can be quite meaningless!
100 here in June with, yes, I've seen it, 3% humidity, and you don't need the A/C on. Try that in Arkansas sometime in the summer!

Old 05-18-2017, 07:33 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
^^^

Ever check out Heat/Feel Indices? Heat and humidity combination!! Numbers can be quite meaningless!
100 here in June with, yes, I've seen it, 3% humidity, and you don't need the A/C on. Try that in Arkansas sometime in the summer!
100 degrees and zero humidity and I would still need the A/C on!

Old 05-18-2017, 08:13 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
100 degrees and zero humidity and I would still need the A/C on!
Me too: we happen to like Vegas and the desert and of course we have heard the argument about humidity versus dry heat, but like you, when temps are 100 or above, even 90 or above it is hotter than you know what and yes, A/C is needed. Some people enjoy arguing for the sake of arguing.

Old 05-18-2017, 09:13 AM

I have a great basis for comparison, I spent one summer near Fort Myers, FL! So I know what heat/feel indices are all about!

Old 05-18-2017, 09:38 AM

2,830 posts, read 2,653,622 times
Quote:
I have a great basis for comparison, I spent one summer near Fort Myers, FL! So I know what heat/feel indices are all about!
You mean the beach where you have a nice sea breeze? If you really want to know what humidity really feels like, go spend a summer down in south Louisiana near the swamp land. Ever felt your breath taken away just from walking outside? To me, a person who was born and raised in that, summers in northern Arkansas are mid. We used to vacation in places like Fort Myers in the summer to cool off. It's all about what your used to.

I've never been to Vegas although I'd love to visit one day. Interesting about the no bugs. I didn't know that. Bugs aren't much fun although I don't have any mosquitos at this altitude in north Arkansas. We do however have ticks but I treat my clothing and skin as needed to prevent and kill them on contact. Spring is not my favorite season, I think it's overrated. I'm already counting down till Fall. That's when all the bugs, heat, etc. become worth it.

Old 05-18-2017, 10:09 AM

4,901 posts, read 8,757,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
I'm already counting down till Fall. That's when all the bugs, heat, etc. become worth it.
Yep, fall in Arkansas is pretty magical also. I love them both.

[CENTER]Save[/CENTER]

Old 05-18-2017, 03:44 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,122,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvvarkansas View Post
Yep, fall in Arkansas is pretty magical also. I love them both.

[CENTER]Save[/CENTER]

Very pretty in fall!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas