Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 02:32 PM

2,457 posts, read 7,383,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I notice Dave is back with us and is offering such wonderful opinions again, I wonder why he can't find a friendly church, anyone else wonder as well. Ok, he is back and Lolly seems to have disappeared, maybe she applied for that AZ job? I am sure she didn't apply for one in Hot Springs!!!

Nita
Nita, Kimballeltte probably knows, but you don't; Sasabe is a small remote community in Mexico, on the border with Arizona and is on a main smuggling route from Mexico to the USA. In the very old days they smuggled gold, then dope, now humans (and along with those they stole cattle and drove them south across the border there). In that valley they don't like people who "make noise", and those who do, have a tendency to disappear. I personally know of one man who came into the area, flashed his big roll of cash (like in the movies), and was loud and negative. Then, he wasn't around, and when a local man was asked about "Mr. X" the local pointed at the ground and said "200 feet". That was the locals way of saying Mr. X "fell" into one of the many mine shafts in the area.

Oh the stories I could tell
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2010, 02:41 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkansasSlim View Post
Nita, Kimballeltte probably knows, but you don't; Sasabe is a small remote community in Mexico, on the border with Arizona and is on a main smuggling route from Mexico to the USA. In the very old days they smuggled gold, then dope, now humans (and along with those they stole cattle and drove them south across the border there). In that valley they don't like people who "make noise", and those who do, have a tendency to disappear. I personally know of one man who came into the area, flashed his big roll of cash (like in the movies), and was loud and negative. Then, he wasn't around, and when a local man was asked about "Mr. X" the local pointed at the ground and said "200 feet". That was the locals way of saying Mr. X "fell" into one of the many mine shafts in the area.

Oh the stories I could tell
thanks, good story, keep them coming.

Nita

Old 05-29-2010, 05:31 PM

4 posts, read 11,877 times
Nita I am 45 years old and lived in 3 other states.

Old 05-29-2010, 06:48 PM

2 posts, read 4,500 times
Hello all in the forum:
I have happened to look at this particular thread as I DO live in Hot Springs, and yes may wish to relocate. This is how I found city data in the first place.
First off I want to say this thread has had a bit of chatter going on in its short life span, and I been reluctant to even respond as I am not a heavy in relocation, added to the fact this is not the “normal” forum type I belong to ( Tech. is my forte )
So I will start out like. First the OP may have mistakenly titled the thread incorrectly, as it should have been narrowed to a city and not the state. Second I being in many forums know a “forum *****” (a person that posts many time due to lack of having real world events to tend to) when I see them. Third I am a current resident of Hot Springs, AR.
Now I will give my two cents on this thread, Hot Springs is a VERY pretty place, this is a given, but not a place you wish to relocate to if you seek anything but a travel industry related job, and as the OP stated, YES when off the main drag you do see much of the less than desirable individuals of society. For a city of approx 35K I have found it far to filled with the people the OP mentions, I personally have been approached more than once by them and can tell that they were influenced by some drug… And I was at a place where I would not ever expect to have that happen. Also the street dept here really needs to get a grip on the horrid state of the street infrastructure, the neighborhood streets are horrible, traffic on the main streets terribly congested, and accidents are a common thing, really to common for a city of this size.. Now I can go on but these are the things I see in a day to day basis, and as the OP makes mention of the work environment in Hot Springs well I can only add that as getting customer service, well it is a tad lacking here I have found, at least to me many rude and more concerned with what THEY want not what you ask of them, and for a FYI, I have been in customer service since the late 80’s
SO in a wrap up Hot Springs, a nice place to visit, perhaps to retire but not to move to if anything else, now if you happen to move to the “village” a COOPER homes place secluded, gated, and make your living part time selling vacation property “ sell baby sell”..
I will add I have done work in just that place, but hate pretentious people that live there that came to AR. Because they can have a 5000sq, ft. home on a golf course due to the fact that, in say Barrington they could only afford a meager 1200sq. ft. ranch and no golf in the back yard… And Nita just for you, I am a educated 48 year old male, though only lived in Chicago and some surrounding burbs plus AZ. and FL. So before you “profile” me, let me do it to you. Nita, liberal, semi-retired mid 50’s early 60’s, moved around a bit, likely a minor degree, posts here way to many due to lack of RL things to do, lives in a gated community made by Cooper homes and I may guess works part time at the cooper rental office, never has really been to Hot Springs, and like most I met in the “Cooper Hot Springs Village” despise Hot Springs… Remember a travel agent will tell you is IRAQ is a “Wonderful sandy rich eastern destination never to be missed, full of deep culture waiting to be embraced by the west" see you there

Last edited by avoicenmany; 05-29-2010 at 06:59 PM..

Old 05-29-2010, 07:31 PM

1,466 posts, read 4,360,632 times
I am starting to question if I really did move to Hot Springs. I certainly don't live in the city that these people are describing.

Old 05-29-2010, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolly7 View Post
Nita I am 45 years old and lived in 3 other states.
well I suggest you move back to one of those states. You claim Hot Springs isn't a place for young people but now you say you are middle aged, something isn't jelling here. You still haven't answered the question about how you were mistreated by your employer or if you reported the mistreatment. You also haven't yet addressed the issue of the entire state versus Hot Springs..I think, for whatever reason you have a chip on your shoulder and I hope someday someone can knock it off so you can live a better life.

Nita

Old 05-29-2010, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avoicenmany View Post
Hello all in the forum:
I have happened to look at this particular thread as I DO live in Hot Springs, and yes may wish to relocate. This is how I found city data in the first place.
First off I want to say this thread has had a bit of chatter going on in its short life span, and I been reluctant to even respond as I am not a heavy in relocation, added to the fact this is not the “normal” forum type I belong to ( Tech. is my forte )
So I will start out like. First the OP may have mistakenly titled the thread incorrectly, as it should have been narrowed to a city and not the state. Second I being in many forums know a “forum *****” (a person that posts many time due to lack of having real world events to tend to) when I see them. Third I am a current resident of Hot Springs, AR.
Now I will give my two cents on this thread, Hot Springs is a VERY pretty place, this is a given, but not a place you wish to relocate to if you seek anything but a travel industry related job, and as the OP stated, YES when off the main drag you do see much of the less than desirable individuals of society. For a city of approx 35K I have found it far to filled with the people the OP mentions, I personally have been approached more than once by them and can tell that they were influenced by some drug… And I was at a place where I would not ever expect to have that happen. Also the street dept here really needs to get a grip on the horrid state of the street infrastructure, the neighborhood streets are horrible, traffic on the main streets terribly congested, and accidents are a common thing, really to common for a city of this size.. Now I can go on but these are the things I see in a day to day basis, and as the OP makes mention of the work environment in Hot Springs well I can only add that as getting customer service, well it is a tad lacking here I have found, at least to me many rude and more concerned with what THEY want not what you ask of them, and for a FYI, I have been in customer service since the late 80’s
SO in a wrap up Hot Springs, a nice place to visit, perhaps to retire but not to move to if anything else, now if you happen to move to the “village” a COOPER homes place secluded, gated, and make your living part time selling vacation property “ sell baby sell”..
I will add I have done work in just that place, but hate pretentious people that live there that came to AR. Because they can have a 5000sq, ft. home on a golf course due to the fact that, in say Barrington they could only afford a meager 1200sq. ft. ranch and no golf in the back yard… And Nita just for you, I am a educated 48 year old male, though only lived in Chicago and some surrounding burbs plus AZ. and FL. So before you “profile” me, let me do it to you. Nita, liberal, semi-retired mid 50’s early 60’s, moved around a bit, likely a minor degree, posts here way to many due to lack of RL things to do, lives in a gated community made by Cooper homes and I may guess works part time at the cooper rental office, never has really been to Hot Springs, and like most I met in the “Cooper Hot Springs Village” despise Hot Springs… Remember a travel agent will tell you is IRAQ is a “Wonderful sandy rich eastern destination never to be missed, full of deep culture waiting to be embraced by the west" see you there
can you post using paragraphs so we can understand what you are trying to say. BTW, Hot Springs Village is nothing like Hot Springs. Can I also add, Cooper is no longer involved in the development of HPV, BV or CV. With all your education I would think you would know posting with no breaks and posting a few things that are a little inaccurate is subject to question.

Old 05-29-2010, 10:48 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,858,478 times
Profile of "a voice of many": from midwest, bought lot from Cooper Communities in 1978 in Hot Springs Village, has been to Hot Springs 3 times in last 30 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avoicenmany View Post
Hello all in the forum:

Old 05-30-2010, 06:38 AM

4 posts, read 11,877 times
Miss Nita, I moved here 15 years ago so I was younger. I never said I was young in this forum. What I said is if you are young this is not a good place to relocate. By the way your profiling stinks. This thread is getting to be a lot of fun. Also I read that you are a travel agent. Maybe you can answer a question for me. Why is it all the pictures of hot springs just show bathhouse row, the convention center or the common tourists attractions. Why is it when it shows downtown Hot Springs they fail to show the dilapidated buildings above the little shops or maybe the drug haven just down the street or are will that scare the tourists away? Why don't they show Park Avenue and the prostitutes? Why don't they show the sleazy hotels with prostitutes and drug addicts right by downtown? A town this size should not even have prostitutes wandering the streets.

Last edited by lolly7; 05-30-2010 at 07:02 AM..

Old 05-30-2010, 07:00 AM

2 posts, read 4,500 times
Hello all in the forum:

So I will start out like. First the OP may have mistakenly titled the thread incorrectly, as it should have been narrowed to a city and not the state.

Second I being in many forums know a “forum *****” (a person that posts many times due to lack of having real world events to tend to) when I see them. Third I am a current resident of Hot Springs, AR.

Now I will give my two cents on this thread, Hot Springs is a VERY pretty place, this is a given, but not a place you wish to relocate to if you seek anything but a travel industry related job, and as the OP stated, YES when off the main drag you do see much of the less than desirable individuals of society.

For a city of approx 35K I have found it far to filled with the people the OP mentions, I personally have been approached more than once by them and can tell that they were influenced by some drug…

And I was at a place where I would not ever expect to have that happen. Also the street dept here really needs to get a grip on the horrid state of the street infrastructure, the neighborhood streets are horrible, traffic on the main streets terribly congested, and accidents are a common thing, really to common for a city of this size..

Now I can go on but these are the things I see in a day to day basis, and as the OP makes mention of the work environment in Hot Springs well I can only add that as getting customer service, well it is a tad lacking here I have found, at least to me many are rude and more concerned with what THEY want not what you ask of them, and for a FYI, I have been in customer service since the late 80’s

I will add I have done work in just that place, but hate pretentious people that live there that came to AR. Because they can have a 5000sq, ft. home on a golf course due to the fact that, in say Barrington, IL they could only afford a meager 1200sq. ft. ranch and no golf in the back yard…

And Nita just for you, I am a educated 48 year old male, though only lived in Chicago and some surrounding burbs plus AZ. and FL. So before you “profile” me, let me do it to you.

Nita, liberal, semi-retired mid 50’s early 60’s, moved around a bit, likely a minor, degree posts here way to often *12 post's a day avg. based on time of membership X total post's* due to lack of RL things to do, lives in a gated community made by Cooper homes and I may guess works part time at the cooper rental office, never has really been to Hot Springs, and like most I met in the “Cooper Hot Springs Village” despise Hot Springs…

Remember a travel agent will tell you IRAQ is a “Wonderful sandy rich eastern destination never to be missed, full of deep culture waiting to be embraced by the west”

*Re posted with breaks for ease of reading.*

(1) In 1978 I was in High School

(2) I am aware Cooper just developed HPV? er HSV, also yes HSV is nothing like Hot Springs this you are correct.

(3) Can you tell me the inaccuracies you have in question??

(4) I will use the adage "A picture is worth a thousand words" and post a few here.

Last edited by avoicenmany; 05-30-2010 at 07:11 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas