Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 09:01 PM

2,351 posts, read 7,087,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
I've been to both countries and I think they are both wonderful. I even met Imelda Marcos once (that was in New York's Waldorf Astoria hotel ... but that's another story.)

One thing about Filipinos, as a former member of the Royal Merchant Navy (of the UK) I can say that they make excellent seamen. Many commercial ships sailing all over the world have Filipino/a crew members.

Thailand can be proud of it's glorious culture and heritage. It has incredibly amazing architecture exemplified by it's gorgeous Buddhist temples, shrines, palaces, monuments, villas, etc. which gives the place a kind of splendor that vou don't see much in the world.

Whereas the Philippines was colonized - first by the Spanish, then by the Americans - Thailand always maintained their independence. In fact most east Asian countries were under colonial rule: Vietnam (the French), Burma (the English), Indonesia (the Dutch), Cambodia and Laos (the French), India and Pakistan (the English), Malaysia and Singapore (the English), Macau (the Portuguese), Hong Kong (the English) ... yet Thailand never succumbed. Interesting.
I had a chance of seeing Imelda Marcos too when she went to Fatima, Portugal 10 years ago
I think Philippines is the biggest producer of seamen in the world.

Old 10-09-2013, 12:30 PM

101 posts, read 386,379 times
Pattaya looks like alot of fun. More fun than Bangkok?

pattaya 2013 day and night - YouTube

Old 10-09-2013, 01:01 PM

1,016 posts, read 3,653,159 times
^^
yeah the place is very prostitute oriented i don't really enjoy that kind of stuff but i enjoy Bangkok alot

Old 10-10-2013, 10:20 AM

101 posts, read 386,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshio22 View Post
^^
yeah the place is very prostitute oriented i don't really enjoy that kind of stuff but i enjoy Bangkok alot
looks like there are more activities then just that from video...

Old 10-10-2013, 11:00 AM

1,016 posts, read 3,653,159 times
Well theres floating market which i find interesting and the large wooden monument which is impressive. And i did go to the Pattaya Tiffany which is quiet pecularly interesting, great temples, great food and some awesome nightlife.

The one that sticks in my mind is that club with a large sign, Europian girls only.

Old 04-07-2014, 03:38 AM

1,646 posts, read 3,486,778 times
I haven't been to Filipines, but yes in Thailand... food was awesome and the experience and adventures you can live are wonderful, here a link about an experience in Thailand:

Ladrona de gatos.: Rumbo a Tailandia... parte I

Old 04-07-2014, 07:35 AM

37,127 posts, read 39,357,090 times
Thailand sweeps this except for the common usage of English throughout the country. However, English will be common but in pretty much any normal setting where a tourist would be and especially in medical settings. Still, it's a good idea to learn at least a few phrases here and there.

Old 04-07-2014, 11:08 AM

3,635 posts, read 10,742,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Thailand sweeps this except for the common usage of English throughout the country. However, English will be common but in pretty much any normal setting where a tourist would be and especially in medical settings. Still, it's a good idea to learn at least a few phrases here and there.
I've heard that Philippines wins in natural beauty though. Most mountains, more islands, and volcanoes. The landscape is just more varied. Thailand probably have more tropical rainforest though. The Philippines doesn't have much left

Old 04-07-2014, 11:16 AM

37,127 posts, read 39,357,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
I've heard that Philippines wins in natural beauty though. Most mountains, more islands, and volcanoes. The landscape is just more varied. Thailand probably have more tropical rainforest though. The Philippines doesn't have much left
I've definitely heard more islands and volcanoes, but I haven't heard anything about the Philippines being more varied, but maybe that's true though Thailand does have varied topography, a fairly long coastline and is about 50% larger in area than the Philippines so likely occupies more biomes if that's what's being counted.

Only thing I can say is that Thailand does have a lot of natural beauty and elephants are awesome.

Old 04-07-2014, 01:35 PM

732 posts, read 779,791 times
With beaches hands down to Phils it has a coastline pretty much larger than US, China, Russia and most of the countries in the world. Paradisiacal stunning beaches head to the Phils. Ample promotion with probably better infrastructure as they say with more tourist to meet, Thailand would probably be your itinerary.

Food-Thai as they say but Im sure I love Filipino foods.

English communication- Definitely Phils.

Medical Healthcare, Thailand some breath away but not far I suppose.

Cheaper way of lifestyle, both are but I heard its a bit cheaper in Thailand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia