Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 04:02 PM

3,635 posts, read 10,750,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinai View Post
so ignored. it's okay to accept as you said. it seems it's not a big deal to you that they throw water bottles, How many times we get defeated from the game from our own home country but never throw bottles against a foreigner.
I'm saying that Filipinos are racist towards other Filipinos and society just accepts it without shame, but when some other group makes a joke or says something racist about Filipinos, we get all hurt and demand an apology. The thing is, Filipinos dont think that's its racism when you attack another Filipino's phenotype. They say "well it's not racism because you cant be racist against your own people"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2013, 04:10 PM

1,754 posts, read 8,116,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
I'm saying that Filipinos are racist towards other Filipinos and society just accepts it without shame, but when some other group makes a joke or says something racist about Filipinos, we get all hurt and demand an apology. The thing is, Filipinos dont think that's its racism when you attack another Filipino's phenotype. They say "well it's not racism because you cant be racist against your own people"
So do we have any solution to stop racism all over the world? we don't hold all people's mentality & behavior. I know our own people are also racist when it comes to phenotype and that's for sure that there is racism. but the video I posted is about behavior as a host country to a foreigner. some Filipino they just went there to watch and just cheer and then they'll just threw a water bottle because their team was loss, they ignored that there are women and children that watched the game.

Last edited by pinai; 06-08-2013 at 04:19 PM..

Old 06-08-2013, 04:34 PM

3,635 posts, read 10,750,006 times
happens in the US too

Old 06-08-2013, 07:55 PM

1,141 posts, read 2,204,051 times
Quote:
So do we have any solution to stop racism all over the world? we don't hold all people's mentality & behavior. I know our own people are also racist when it comes to phenotype and that's for sure that there is racism. but the video I posted is about behavior as a host country to a foreigner. some Filipino they just went there to watch and just cheer and then they'll just threw a water bottle because their team was loss, they ignored that there are women and children that watched the game.
You start by not posting racist comments yourself. The way you and ejay1 post about that mentally retarded Chinese guy poop in public sound like public defecation is an everyday occurrence in China, which is not the case. There are many things the mainland Chinese do that are very crass and unrefined, but this is just not one of them. Homeless and people living in slums do practice public defecation all over the world, not just in China. It's just more common in some places like India where there are more people living in slums, but it can even happen in a first world country like in San Francisco! If you don't believe that, google what happened to the escalators of the Civic Center BART station. I am also sure they do the same in Smokey Mountains, Tondo, Manila.

Anyway, HK people are still mad at the bus hostage crisis. From the article you posted, they are pretty much mad at the Philippine government. As long as the Philippines is still led by the same president who was not able to answer their leaders' phone calls when that incident happened, that hatred towards the PH government will not just go away.

You cannot control everyone and it is just the fans that are making a scene. There are sore losers everywhere and if no one is hurt, then it's not a big deal. In other games, people throw eggs or tomatoes and there are even some cases where there are riots. If it's was the losing team players who are not showing sportsmanship, then it certainly warrants some complaints. If just the fans and no one is hurt, no biggie.

And back to topic regarding that flight attendant who had the Chinese bully deported, he's related to Senator Juan Ponce Enrile, so that pretty much explains why he had the guts to file the complaint and the Chinese guy was deported.

Old 06-09-2013, 04:01 AM

1,754 posts, read 8,116,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenTiger View Post
You start by not posting racist comments yourself. The way you and ejay1 post about that mentally retarded Chinese guy poop in public sound like public defecation is an everyday occurrence in China, which is not the case. There are many things the mainland Chinese do that are very crass and unrefined, but this is just not one of them. Homeless and people living in slums do practice public defecation all over the world, not just in China. It's just more common in some places like India where there are more people living in slums, but it can even happen in a first world country like in San Francisco! If you don't believe that, google what happened to the escalators of the Civic Center BART station. I am also sure they do the same in Smokey Mountains, Tondo, Manila.

Anyway, HK people are still mad at the bus hostage crisis. From the article you posted, they are pretty much mad at the Philippine government. As long as the Philippines is still led by the same president who was not able to answer their leaders' phone calls when that incident happened, that hatred towards the PH government will not just go away.

You cannot control everyone and it is just the fans that are making a scene. There are sore losers everywhere and if no one is hurt, then it's not a big deal. In other games, people throw eggs or tomatoes and there are even some cases where there are riots. If it's was the losing team players who are not showing sportsmanship, then it certainly warrants some complaints. If just the fans and no one is hurt, no biggie.

And back to topic regarding that flight attendant who had the Chinese bully deported, he's related to Senator Juan Ponce Enrile, so that pretty much explains why he had the guts to file the complaint and the Chinese guy was deported.
Well not like the one on the video, I never saw Filipinos poop in the middle of the city where a lot of people walk which is visible. Why don't he just poop somewhere that nobody see. How sure are you that the guy is mentaly retarted? I just reacted because it was my first time to actually see a video of a guy that do that in public area which is not a usual place to do. We never reacted like that to their fellows in the Philippines when our own people was actually killed too in China. Because we know innocent should not to blame and we have lot of Chinese people in the Philippines.

Quote:
On April 19, 2005, 25-year-old Wang Gongzuo of China killed Emmanuel “Bong” Madrigal and his teenage daughter, Regina Mia, using a scythe at Tiananmen Square in broad daylight. They were getting off a tourist bus when they were attacked. Madrigal’s wife, Vivian, suffered injuries but their 2 other younger daughters were spared.
Wang’s motive for killing the Filipino father and daughter was not known, according to non-government organization Human Rights in China (HRIC).

Last edited by pinai; 06-09-2013 at 04:10 AM..

Old 06-09-2013, 06:06 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,068,476 times
If you want to believe the Chinese are as a whole more prone to such acts than anyone else go ahead. One really weird thing I saw in China was babies and young children wearing pants with no bottoms, apparently so they can just defecate anywhere so maybe there is something to it. As for adults though ive heard about it happening in India more. Im sure the same happens in the slums of Manila too. Sometimes people just don't have access to a toilet.

Old 06-09-2013, 06:26 AM

1,141 posts, read 2,204,051 times
Quote:
Well not like the one on the video, I never saw Filipinos poop in the middle of the city where a lot of people walk which is visible. Why don't he just poop somewhere that nobody see. How sure are you that the guy is mentaly retarted? I just reacted because it was my first time to actually see a video of a guy that do that in public area which is not a usual place to do. We never reacted like that to their fellows in the Philippines when our own people was actually killed too in China. Because we know innocent should not to blame and we have lot of Chinese people in the Philippines.
I can tell you that I have seen slum dwellers in the Philippines poop in the middle of the city. The most disgusting of which is a kid on the side of Quezon Ave in Quezon City. I will not go into details with that, just that it is not fair to use him as an example that everyone else in Metro Manila is capable of doing the same thing.

The guy in the video does act like he's mentally retarded. Besides, I have been to China many times, and while a lot of people do spit in public, I have never seen anyone poop like that in China. Suffice to say, your comments regarding that video aren't exactly promoting racial harmony. Also, never assume that just because one ethnic Chinese did something that you can stereotype the entire nation. Also, HK is very different from mainland China. Taiwanese are also very different. The Chinese in SE Asian countries are also different. They do not act the same way, and they certainly do not think the same way.

There are people who get murdered everywhere. Some victims have the same ethnicity as the murderer, some different. It's not like every case has to be about different races, different ethnicity, different nationalities. Sometimes, it's just being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Who is the "we" in the Philippines? Can you speak for 100 million people? It is not difficult to understand why more HK people are mad at the Philippine government rather than the Filipinos in general due to what transpired in that bus incident, so there are many HK people who know that Filipinos do not have anything to do with that unfortunate incident.

Old 06-09-2013, 06:35 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,068,476 times
To even compare say a Singaporean Chinese or Chinese Singaporean to a Chinese Chinese person would show one was clueless. It's like comparing a German American to a German. Some identify as Singaporean first, while some older ones see themselves as Chinese abroad.

Old 06-09-2013, 09:31 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
So they know that some are acting rude tourist that's good to know that they inform their people to be civilized.
Every country could/should do that.
Including the US.

Old 06-09-2013, 11:28 AM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,539,581 times
It happens all over the world.....my father witness some young British guy pooping at a park in London...i witness public urination in Spain....i've seen one of the outdoor food vendors in vietnam washing out her son's pooped underwear with the same hose she used to wash some bowls(noodle soup) she was serving earlier to customers. It happens...that is life.. I swear, some of you people shouldn't even travel. Stay home!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia