Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 02:17 AM

268 posts, read 275,473 times

Advertisements

"IT'S MORE FUN IN THE PHILIPPINES!" This the "Come On!" of the 7,100 Islands in the Pacific. A South-East Asian country that boast of the number one beach destination in the world today - BORACAY. As well as one of the modern Seven-Wonders of the world - the UNDERGROUND RIVER of PALAWAN, and many more... But what made the Philippines more fun? is it the breath-taking natural wonders or it's friendly and caring people? Filipinos are all over the world - there is an estimated 11Million Filipinos in more than 190 countries - from the palace of the Middle-East kings to the Western homes; caring for their oldies and their babies - those whom we treasure the most.

And for some who are looking for lifetime partners that are from overseas; they prefer to marry a Filipina - because of their love and care and for being generally faithful to their respective spouse.

Which of these would bring FUN to you and encourage you to visit the PHILIPPINES?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2012, 06:27 AM

It is also FUN in the Philippines even in times of calamities, I don't know if you saw on the news the two Aussies having FUN swimming on the flood of Manila - enjoying what little kids do during typhoons etc... there's more

Old 09-21-2012, 06:51 AM

987 posts, read 1,386,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alabalfred View Post
It is also FUN in the Philippines even in times of calamities, I don't know if you saw on the news the two Aussies having FUN swimming on the flood of Manila - enjoying what little kids do during typhoons etc... there's more
I guess those two Aussies did not heed the warning from the (WHO)World Health Organization of not swimming in contaminated filthy water during or after a flood! It won't be any fun after coming down with a serious illness after swimming in that filthy water!

Old 09-21-2012, 09:17 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,139,161 times
The Phillipine appetite for (illegal) ivory is one reason I wouldn't want to have fun there. Just to make some religious paraphanalia, they are happy to support the killing of thousands of elephants yearly. Probably only China is worse. And ivory is only the tip of the iceberg, I wouldn't want to tour Manila and see countless examples of cruelty towards animals.

Old 09-21-2012, 09:47 AM

987 posts, read 1,386,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
The Phillipine appetite for (illegal) ivory is one reason I wouldn't want to have fun there. Just to make some religious paraphanalia, they are happy to support the killing of thousands of elephants yearly. Probably only China is worse. And ivory is only the tip of the iceberg, I wouldn't want to tour Manila and see countless examples of cruelty towards animals.
You must be thinking of another country, because all the time I've lived in Philippines, I've never seen one elephant in Manila or any regions of the Philippines! Then how can the Philippines have an appetite for illegal ivory? It could be the Chinese in China town of Manila who may deal in ivory from illegal exporters from what ever country! I've seen elephants on the streets of Thailand though!

Old 09-21-2012, 09:59 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,139,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art2ro View Post
You must be thinking of another country, because all the time I've lived in Philippines, I've never seen one elephant in Manila or any regions of the Philippines! Then how can the Philippines have an appetite for illegal ivory? It could be the Chinese in China town of Manila who may deal in ivory from illegal exporters from what ever country! I've seen elephants on the streets of Thailand though!
LOL, no the elephants are killed in Africa and the tusks shipped to (mostly) Asia. But yeah, if they could use the ivory while somehow keeping the elephants alive (and even walking around urban areas), that might be acceptable. The latest issue of National Geographic details the current trafficing of ivory.

PS- If people were using ivory to cure cancer, maybe some would be allowable. But it is for religious doo-dads that are status symbols, not a noble use at all.

Old 09-21-2012, 04:22 PM

You might be the type who prefers adventure for FUN... here's a link
Pinoy travel adventure: A slice of Samar - Yahoo! News Philippines

Old 09-22-2012, 08:53 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,021,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
LOL, no the elephants are killed in Africa and the tusks shipped to (mostly) Asia. But yeah, if they could use the ivory while somehow keeping the elephants alive (and even walking around urban areas), that might be acceptable. The latest issue of National Geographic details the current trafficing of ivory.

PS- If people were using ivory to cure cancer, maybe some would be allowable. But it is for religious doo-dads that are status symbols, not a noble use at all.
In addition to the Philippines, I'd add Singapore, Malaysia, China, etc. etc. to the list of countries to avoid for Ivory. I did a google and I was surprised that quite a few places use Ivory for various purposes.

Old 09-22-2012, 08:57 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,021,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alabalfred View Post
"IT'S MORE FUN IN THE PHILIPPINES!" This the "Come On!" of the 7,100 Islands in the Pacific. A South-East Asian country that boast of the number one beach destination in the world today - BORACAY. As well as one of the modern Seven-Wonders of the world - the UNDERGROUND RIVER of PALAWAN, and many more... But what made the Philippines more fun? is it the breath-taking natural wonders or it's friendly and caring people? Filipinos are all over the world - there is an estimated 11Million Filipinos in more than 190 countries - from the palace of the Middle-East kings to the Western homes; caring for their oldies and their babies - those whom we treasure the most.

And for some who are looking for lifetime partners that are from overseas; they prefer to marry a Filipina - because of their love and care and for being generally faithful to their respective spouse.

Which of these would bring FUN to you and encourage you to visit the PHILIPPINES?

I'd go:
nature and beaches.

I wouldn't go for:
1. women looking for foreigners to marry to escape poverty, the sex trade I've seen in other SE asian countries, I find disturbing
2. poverty
3. Manila esp crime
4. Any area where people have been kidnapped
5. Heat and humidty
6. Insects and other vermin

Old 09-23-2012, 04:05 AM

[quote=minibrings;26209706]I'd go:
nature and beaches.

You are most welcome to visit the Philippines and have a share of the FUN in our natural wonders and beaches...

Don't worry about the other things you mentioned that can spoil the FUN... they also happen in other countries...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia