Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2018, 04:00 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,361,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
Senegalese fans did the same, but the press refused to give them the same coverage for the very obvious reason that starts with an R.
From my experience, the American press gave far more coverage to the Senegalese. The Japanese were an afterthought.

"Oh, look how considerate the Senegalese are! (oh, and the Japanese, too.)"

But maybe your press is more "R" than mine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2018, 12:08 AM

9,229 posts, read 9,760,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
From my experience, the American press gave far more coverage to the Senegalese. The Japanese were an afterthought.

"Oh, look how considerate the Senegalese are! (oh, and the Japanese, too.)"

But maybe your press is more "R" than mine.
I live in the US, and I can say in general both Japan and Senegal have next to zero media coverage.
US news media talk about the US 90% of the time. When it goes to foreign countries, it is mostly negative.

Old 07-07-2018, 01:12 AM

7,363 posts, read 8,407,761 times
Because Japan is number one. They never lose focus.

Old 07-07-2018, 03:32 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,757,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
Senegalese fans did the same, but the press refused to give them the same coverage for the very obvious reason that starts with an R.
Lovely to see this but I wondered with both Japan too why if their so tidy people did they drop litter in the first place.

Old 07-07-2018, 05:35 AM

7 posts, read 4,892 times
Yes.

And they are more intolerant of untidy ,unorderly, lateness, everything undesirable than people of other countries. It means they are hard to please and not easy going. Japanese customers, bosses, superiors, parents and teachers are like perfectionists not allowing a small mistake like a little bit dirty or a few seconds late.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
They are brought up from a very young age to be tidy and orderly, its part of their culture and I wish it would rub off when I see people throw rubbish in the streets. spitting or leaving dogs dirt on pavements.. its gross unhygienic and filthy.. I like order myself be in inside or outside the house... my hubby however never closes a drawer or cupboard for some unknown reason and no amount of pulling him up fixes it, in fact I think he now does it just to annoy me. as I go round closing drawers...

Old 07-08-2018, 04:46 AM

7 posts, read 5,725 times
I am Japanese student. I feel very pride and flattered seeing people say about Japan. But Japan is getting dirtier. Some parts of streets sometimes very dirty. So I think maybe there are some people trying to spoil Japan with sweet praises.

Old 07-10-2018, 03:08 AM

7 posts, read 5,725 times
It is Homegoroshi in Japanese word.

Old 07-10-2018, 03:46 AM

3 posts, read 2,711 times
Japaneses people give first priorities to their country and their region, Every citizen feel with heart accountability.

Old 07-10-2018, 10:24 AM

16,556 posts, read 10,635,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totsuka Taro View Post
I am Japanese student. I feel very pride and flattered seeing people say about Japan. But Japan is getting dirtier. Some parts of streets sometimes very dirty. So I think maybe there are some people trying to spoil Japan with sweet praises.

I have never been to Japan, but I have always heard about how clean it is. Do you think that it is getting worse? If so, why?

Have you (or anyone else reading this) ever been to South Korea? I was there last year and was amazed at how clean Seoul (and the rest of the country) was. I honestly do not recall seeing a single scrap of litter on the ground. For those who have been to both South Korea and Japan, how would you say they compare in terms of cleanliness?

Old 07-10-2018, 08:11 PM

1,141 posts, read 2,204,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
I live in the US, and I can say in general both Japan and Senegal have next to zero media coverage.
US news media talk about the US 90% of the time. When it goes to foreign countries, it is mostly negative.

Really depends which media and their audience. I am sure if there are many readers with Western African ancestry, that the they will feature more about Senegal. I wouldn't also label Asian media with "R" right away. Most East and Southeast Asians, including the reporters, haven't met anyone from Senegal (or even from West Africa) their entire lives; and most readers will be like "Sene-what? Where is that?" and "Why don't you just say Africa instead so we will understand."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia