Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 12:30 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,534,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason28 View Post
Those can be used both ways though.
So you are proving your god by the absolute lack of evidence. I already knew that
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2011, 08:05 AM

1,301 posts, read 2,110,927 times
It would be pretty much what was seen in Star Trek Generations.

My own personnel nexus.

Old 06-21-2011, 12:21 PM
LWI

28 posts, read 21,872 times
the one I saw when my friend was dropping acid and smoking weed. I got a contact high.

What I hope it is not is being stuck in a nightmare that you can't wake up from. I had experiences when I had to be dope up from a serious operation that had me scared to fall asleep. Every time I was stuck in a nightmare but needed the pain medication to keep from dying of shock from pain.

People are fools who think you can prove you have no consciousness once you're dead. That is a farytale belief too. See how dumb even smart people can be? They're just like those religious folks, Cause science haven't proven it yet.

Old 06-23-2011, 05:36 PM

2,191 posts, read 4,807,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
So you are proving your god by the absolute lack of evidence. I already knew that
I already stated that I don't believe in "God". Nobody can absolutely prove anything to anyone else. Everyone is free to believe in whatever the hell they choose but no one is 100% certain until their body dies. Until then, it's all speculation. That goes for what comes out of your mouth, my mouth, or anyone else's.

Old 06-23-2011, 05:41 PM

2,191 posts, read 4,807,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LWI View Post
People are fools who think you can prove you have no consciousness once you're dead. That is a farytale belief too. See how dumb even smart people can be? They're just like those religious folks, Cause science haven't proven it yet.
There is a pretty significant ring of truth to this. I find that this follows my personal belief of people creating their own reality. Our ability to perceive is directly proportionate to our willingness to believe.

The die hard science types are EXACTLY identical to the brain washed religious folks in that they get all their answers from books (or sources outside of themselves) and absolutely refuse to try anything outside of the box (They also will endlessly argue with one another refuting the same recycled points countless times). Physics will rectify this though at some point in the future (Sooner rather than later I hope) by proving multiple dimensions, realities, matter being unknown material or perhaps consciousness itself, consciousness expanding infinitely beyond our frail human bodies, etc...

Old 06-25-2011, 06:06 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,284,780 times
I believe we are already all living in hell, and the after life is all around us..bugs....fish...trees...animals,etc....... and heaven (which is everyones individual conception of paradise) comes after our bodies die.

Old 06-27-2011, 09:55 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,864,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
I believe we are already all living in hell, and the after life is all around us..bugs....fish...trees...animals,etc....... and heaven (which is everyones individual conception of paradise) comes after our bodies die.
Dang Bubba! If you believe we are already living in hell,then it is painfully obvious that you have not met several of the women I know, nor, ever eaten a really good home grown tomato in a sandwich.

Old 06-29-2011, 02:46 PM

110 posts, read 107,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason28 View Post
I was saying from a logical stand point you cannot disprove a negative. For example, prove I can't fly. It's impossible, just like you can't prove the non existance of santa clause or the flying spaghetti monster.
Well I can certainly drag you up to a 100-story building and chuck you off of it, couldn't I? Then, after you fall to your death, we'll know that, at a minimum, you couldn't or wouldn't fly well enough to save your own life (hey, some people can glide a ways if they're wearing a windbreaker). One could claim "well he didn't want to fly," which flies in the face of evidence that, given the opportunity, almost every human will save their own life if they easily have the power to do so.

But that's pretty comparable to the "god is real" logic from the beginning of time: Ignore the absolute, pathetic dearth of evidence and instead embrace the mass-delusion.

Old 06-29-2011, 02:58 PM

1,739 posts, read 1,916,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
I agree. Earth life is pure Hell, with only brief moments of happiness & hope.

I lost my son this past year to Luekemia. He was only 20. I can't describe how awful it was to go through test after test only to have bad news come back. I can't describe what it was to watch him pass away.

I also can't imagine being able to go on enduring life if I didn't hold onto the possibility of being with him again. So that's what I do.

I hope with all my heart that heaven is incredibly beautiful, with oceans and gorgeous scenery and that my son is there playing with all the animals he always loved. Thats all I can hold onto. It's not always easy to keep faith like this when it's been shaken so badly, but I try.

Old 06-29-2011, 03:29 PM

110 posts, read 107,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon View Post
I agree. Earth life is pure Hell, with only brief moments of happiness & hope.

I lost my son this past year to Luekemia. He was only 20. I can't describe how awful it was to go through test after test only to have bad news come back. I can't describe what it was to watch him pass away.

I also can't imagine being able to go on enduring life if I didn't hold onto the possibility of being with him again. So that's what I do.

I hope with all my heart that heaven is incredibly beautiful, with oceans and gorgeous scenery and that my son is there playing with all the animals he always loved. Thats all I can hold onto. It's not always easy to keep faith like this when it's been shaken so badly, but I try.
I'm sorry about your son. Your grief is likely beyond my comprehension.

But turn to those who are still living. I have a hunch that's what your son would want out of you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism