Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 04:47 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,435,824 times

Advertisements

What do you believe that will happen after your life ends?
What was the meaning of your life, what did you live for?

Respect!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2007, 04:50 PM

7,541 posts, read 17,230,694 times
I think life is absurd. I live for my pleasure and for the pleasure of those I care for.

Happen after my life ends? Well, life will go on, of course.

Old 11-15-2007, 05:32 PM

7,099 posts, read 27,180,644 times
I don't know and it doesn't matter one bit to me. If when I die, that's all.....well, that's Ok with me. If there is some sort of life afterwards.....well, that's ok too. I'll get what I deserve.

There may be something in reincarnation. IF we are pretending and speculating about what may or may not be, reincarnation with the soul coming back as dogs would explain a lot. It would explain why some dogs are soooooo mistreated. Maybe they could sit there in their chains, without food or water, and think about how they lived when they were humans. Then, there are the beloved pets that bring joy to their owners. They must be the souls of good people. Just speculation....not what I really believe.

Old 11-15-2007, 06:54 PM

1,961 posts, read 4,384,252 times
After I die, I guess my body will decompose, and my remaining friends and family will remember me fondly.

I know you did not say it specifically, but just because I don't believe in God it does not mean my life does not have meaning. I live to enjoy fun days with my friends and family, I live for amazing powder days on the ski slopes, I live for those endless summer days where I can hike or bike or just enjoy myself. I like to live my life as a good steward to the environment.

I am not sure how religions person = meaningful life, non-religious = no meaningful life.

Old 11-15-2007, 08:14 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,458,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post

Respect!
Answer to the first question: I turn into worm food.

Second question: I live for today and make the most of my life because I know it's the only one I get. I try new things, travel as much as possible, learn as much as I can, and do everything possible to immerse myself in the world.

Old 11-15-2007, 09:01 PM

192 posts, read 560,178 times
The planet will keep right on spinning after I'm gone. But I hope that I'll have contributed in some small way to making a better world for the next ones to come.

Old 11-16-2007, 04:31 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,625,061 times
As soon as I die my brain function cease, my body starts the decomposing process and that's it. You live, you die. Period. No biggie. Worm food whether I will rot in the ground or be ashes to feed the soil and creatures. It's a pretty important role really.

Hopefully in whatever years I will have had on earth I will have lived a happy, and fulfilling life, been a good and moral person , been loved and loved, travelled, will have had adventures and experienced some of the wonders of our world.

I hope my life will have made a difference and been positive in some ways. Life is to be lived, and to have fun as well as taking the duties of being a human being seriously.

As long as I have been decent, reasonably honest, thoughtful and curious about the world I think I will have had a pretty good life and will be ready to "go" for good.

At the end of the day I am not indispensable and am perfectly happy just being a tiny cog in our ecosystem and food chain.

You are born, you live, you die. Sounds pretty good to me.

Old 11-16-2007, 05:45 AM

2,482 posts, read 8,732,192 times
I've always found it amusing how some people (not pointing to anyone in this thread in particular) find it hard to conceive that humans, BELIEVE IT OR NOT, will turn into worm food after they die--just like EVERYTHING ELSE ON THIS PLANET. But instead, they must argue "No no! I'm special! I'm more special than that! " Such ridiculousness is always good for a laugh in the morning.

Old 11-16-2007, 06:00 AM

3,162 posts, read 11,435,824 times
Thanks for your replies people!

One more question, what does love mean to you?

Old 11-16-2007, 10:17 AM

2,008 posts, read 3,326,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post

Respect!
1) nothing, i will feed the worms

2) i don't know, i'm pretty sure that there is no meaning to life, and if there is, it's way over any of our heads. i live for the sake of living and getting what enjoyment out of the process i can while trying to bring some enjoyment to others along the way. i don't know what the meaning of life is, and i don't care. i am here and i plan to make the most of it. interesting enough and somewhat unrelated, the reason i choose no religion is because in my opinion it kind of cheapens life...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism