Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2021, 10:33 AM

29,540 posts, read 9,704,508 times

Advertisements

Speaking of entertainment...

In the show we continued to watch last night, "Winds of War," there is an actor I recognized from a TV show I used to LOVE when I wore a younger man's clothes...

His name is John Houseman, and he was the star of this TV show called "The Paper Chase."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qx22TyCge7w

Did anyone else happen to watch that show back in the day?

PS: I know he wasn't really a lawyer and wasn't really a law professor and the students were not really law students and all that sort of thing, but in terms of appreciating these shows for what they DO well accomplish in the way of entertainment, "The Paper Chase" was also quite popular.

Very good in my opinion...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2024, 01:25 PM

10,526 posts, read 6,158,785 times
Hey anybody got anything interesting to share?
The forum has gone a bit quiet so I thought I'd revive the old chat thread.

Old 03-11-2024, 01:31 PM

7,244 posts, read 7,067,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Hey anybody got anything interesting to share?
The forum has gone a bit quiet so I thought I'd revive the old chat thread.
My niece is getting married soon. I'm hoping to make the wedding (it's in Maine).

Going on our first cruise in a couple of weeks - looking forward to that. I was thinking last night it's the first real vacation I've taken in 8 years.

Old 03-11-2024, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kab0906 View Post
My niece is getting married soon. I'm hoping to make the wedding (it's in Maine).

Going on our first cruise in a couple of weeks - looking forward to that. I was thinking last night it's the first real vacation I've taken in 8 years.

Wow, enjoy! I hope you're going somewhere nice and sunny.

and Congrats to your niece.

Old 03-11-2024, 01:38 PM

I'm gonna say that life is pretty good here right now.
I'm having one of those rare phases in life where all the stars seem to be aligning.
My kids are all doing great in their chosen paths and a couple things have happened to me that I'm not sure I can share, but suffice to say, it's all good. As Ricky Gervais once said: thank god for making me an atheist. Haha.

Old 03-11-2024, 01:49 PM

16,665 posts, read 15,658,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kab0906 View Post

Where in Maine are you going?

Old 03-11-2024, 02:15 PM

88,524 posts, read 84,705,921 times
Quote:
I'm gonna say that life is pretty good here right now.
I'm having one of those rare phases in life where all the stars seem to be aligning.
My kids are all doing great in their chosen paths and a couple things have happened to me that I'm not sure I can share, but suffice to say, it's all good. As Ricky Gervais once said: thank god for making me an atheist. Haha.
That's nice. Enjoy these good days!

Today marks a year since Frank got away from me. Lit a candle last night, burned his favorite incense, and had a chat with him. He didn't respond, but he was always a bad listener anyway.

Moving forward. I took a second place in the city where my daughter lives to test it out, and then I was asked to work on THE big construction project in the NY/NJ area, and I'm going to do it, at least for a while. Money's good and it will be nice to be part of something significant again until I figure out my next move, so I'll be bouncing back and forth between two locations.

Started playing around again with some of the writing I had put aside while caregiving, too. Going to a writing workshop down in DC on an upcoming weekend.

Old 03-11-2024, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post

Today marks a year since Frank got away from me. Lit a candle last night, burned his favorite incense, and had a chat with him. He didn't respond, but he was always a bad listener anyway.

Moving forward. I took a second place in the city where my daughter lives to test it out, and then I was asked to work on THE big construction project in the NY/NJ area, and I'm going to do it, at least for a while. Money's good and it will be nice to be part of something significant again until I figure out my next move, so I'll be bouncing back and forth between two locations.

Started playing around again with some of the writing I had put aside while caregiving, too. Going to a writing workshop down in DC on an upcoming weekend.

Sounds positive MQ. The writing workshop sounds great. It's satisfying to do things for yourself. Something taking advantage of right now too. What's the bog construction project? Are you allowed to share?

Old 03-11-2024, 02:58 PM

88,524 posts, read 84,705,921 times
Quote:
Sounds positive MQ. The writing workshop sounds great. It's satisfying to do things for yourself. Something taking advantage of right now too. What's the bog construction project? Are you allowed to share?
The Hudson Tunnel. New train tunnels from NJ to NY Penn to replace the old ones built in 1910.

They can't run parallel, because the old tunnels won't survive the vibration of the drilling/boring so they will drill through 4.5 miles of the palisades south to Hoboken, then a second tunnel under the river.

https://www.amtrak.com/hudson-tunnel

Old 03-11-2024, 03:03 PM

19,962 posts, read 13,455,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post

Anniversaries can be tough, especially first ones. Glad you are finding ways to constructively occupy yourself as you work through this difficult change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism