Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 09:29 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,490,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archan View Post
I'm proud to say that I lived in Atlanta for four years and never went to the Varsity. And I lived down the street in Midtown.
lol--We're proud of you. Last year I had 2 chili dogs. Just looked at the fries and onion rings. Eons ago I believe I had my first ever onion ring at the Varsity--I honestly thought it was the best thing I had ever tasted. I also thought a trip to the Piedmont Drive In was one of life's finer experiences. And perhaps it was.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2010, 10:14 AM

5,845 posts, read 6,157,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post
Err....I am not sure where you going at with this comment. Did you not read my other comment about my approach to eating at the Varsity? I never said that I would replace the CDC required daily nutritional intake with a daily infusion of hot dog grease.

Maybe you should threads in their entirety before commenting on one specific issue that you may have trouble with. It will reduce a lot of cases of foot-in-mouth disorder.

Just a suggestion, I guess.
Dude, why are you getting upset? If your previous post was sarcasm, it wasn't obvious. Instead, it came more across as "older is better regardless of how good it really is."

Old 07-09-2010, 10:54 AM

3,573 posts, read 5,310,733 times
Me? Upset? Nooo...

Just rattlin' your chains man, as it seems you were doing. Fair is fair, after all. Nothing personal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toll_booth View Post
Dude, why are you getting upset? If your previous post was sarcasm, it wasn't obvious. Instead, it came more across as "older is better regardless of how good it really is."

Old 07-09-2010, 10:59 AM

2,404 posts, read 4,402,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
lol--We're proud of you. Last year I had 2 chili dogs. Just looked at the fries and onion rings. Eons ago I believe I had my first ever onion ring at the Varsity--I honestly thought it was the best thing I had ever tasted. I also thought a trip to the Piedmont Drive In was one of life's finer experiences. And perhaps it was.
It's not that I'm trying to be snooty. I have tossed back many a tator tot at the Vortex.

Old 07-09-2010, 02:29 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,093,051 times
Put me in the column as tried that once- won't go again. Both my kids went to Tech and they spent alot of time there but it just didn't suit me and I love grease.

Old 07-09-2010, 04:24 PM

2,079 posts, read 6,116,604 times
It may be good and unique for Atlanta, but would be laughed at for too poor of food quality in other older cities to our north (food quality, not prices, as there are plenty of famous hot dog places in Pittsburgh, Chicago, etc that taste GREAT for cheap prices).

I am not anti varsity, but I still go to Tech and when I go back home to Jacksonville EVERYONE asks me how often I eat at the Varsity; it's like they don't think Atlanta has any other place to go. I get really sick of it because I rarely if ever eat there (and then they don't understand that!). It really is a definer for Atlanta in the south, though.

Old 07-09-2010, 06:02 PM

95 posts, read 283,561 times
Quote:
Review from roadfood.com: Anyone who loves all-American food and has spent any time in Atlanta knows about the Varsity Drive-In … and most people have their own personal stories about wonderful meals and good times they’ve had there ...
The Varsity - Atlanta, GA

Old 07-09-2010, 07:23 PM

1,241 posts, read 1,895,745 times
Not good. Nasty food. If you like cheese whiz given in a tiny cup to substitute for real cheese and you liek your chili to come in a tiny cup as well then go for it. All this rave over an old school hot dog and burger joint where the burger patty is nothing more than mcdonalds and they aren't all that. Don't go. Waste of your taste buds, time, and money.

Old 07-09-2010, 08:29 PM

432 posts, read 760,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
Haha! Death rods and rings at the Varsity! Doesn't get better!

Old 07-09-2010, 10:15 PM

5,845 posts, read 6,157,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post
Me? Upset? Nooo...

Just rattlin' your chains man, as it seems you were doing. Fair is fair, after all. Nothing personal.
Man you gotta use emoticons when you're just jiving!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatgirl007 View Post
Not good. Nasty food. If you like cheese whiz given in a tiny cup to substitute for real cheese and you liek your chili to come in a tiny cup as well then go for it. All this rave over an old school hot dog and burger joint where the burger patty is nothing more than mcdonalds and they aren't all that. Don't go. Waste of your taste buds, time, and money.
Rumor has it that it's healthier to just drink a bottle of canola oil.

OK seriously it's not quite that bad. In fact some items rival the fat and calorie content of Chick Fil A. Doesn't change the fact that their fries and burgers are something like 70% grease, though. And is it just me, or are most of their food items quite small by today's standards?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta