Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 11:36 PM

9,008 posts, read 14,057,844 times

Advertisements

Definition of DEMOGRAPHIC

plural: the statistical characteristics of human populations (as age or income) used especially to identify markets

Why do you have to make it racial? Crazynip didn't say ANYTHING about race.

Race only makes up one component of demographics. Maybe he was talking about income level. Maybe he was talking about education level. Maybe he was talking about renters vs. owners.

I don't know exactly what he meant, but I don't just rush in and assume he was referring to race. How judgemental is that?

Last edited by ATLTJL; 12-30-2011 at 12:05 AM..

Old 12-31-2011, 05:50 PM

1,397 posts, read 1,619,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post
Definition of DEMOGRAPHIC

plural: the statistical characteristics of human populations (as age or income) used especially to identify markets

Why do you have to make it racial? Crazynip didn't say ANYTHING about race.

Race only makes up one component of demographics. Maybe he was talking about income level. Maybe he was talking about education level. Maybe he was talking about renters vs. owners.

I don't know exactly what he meant, but I don't just rush in and assume he was referring to race. How judgemental is that?

I hate to pop your bubble, but "race" is statistically the best indicator of how safe an area is. It's simply the truth.

Old 12-31-2011, 10:35 PM

268 posts, read 948,793 times
Me personally, I would stay in Covington over Stone Mountain, I live in Covington and while it is boring, it is safer than Stone Mountain especially the East side of town and I live along 278 close Hwy. 11, since you are moving to Gwinnett why not move to Lawrenceville or Duluth if you can afford it.

Old 01-01-2012, 12:48 AM

7,582 posts, read 10,772,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC84 View Post
I hate to pop your bubble, but "race" is statistically the best indicator of how safe an area is. It's simply the truth.
hmmm... this is typically how people start calling people racists....

Lets talk statistics really quick.

Study the variable that is important.... crime... not the proxy, which requires an assumption that can often be a false one.

Even when there is a statistical correlation between race and crime, it does not mean there is a causal relationship and it does not mean there are not nice low-crime areas predominately of any particular race.

Old 01-01-2012, 03:50 AM

9,067 posts, read 15,798,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazynip View Post
It's absolutely appalling to see how much Stone Mountain has gone downhill since the 80's. If you look at the changes in demographics, you can likely come to a conclusion...
Yes because we know that only certain types of people are known to live in "trailer parks".Start looking at those demographics and see what kind of conclusion you come up with,Better yet,why stop at the 80's?Go back to 60's.Wonder how nice it was then when they were still holding Klan rallies on the top of the mountain.Oh my...the good ole days indeed....

Old 01-01-2012, 07:00 AM

16,177 posts, read 32,497,441 times
This has gone off topic of what the OP requested. Thread closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta