Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2016, 07:18 AM

73,007 posts, read 62,598,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Well, as a woman who also has plenty of experience in this arena, I'll weigh in with my two cents. Any woman with a double digit IQ can smell 'swag' like it's a pile of dog**** and will usually use a get-together with the girlfriends as an opportunity to laugh at them and call them out for the losers that they are. Any woman that wants to squander her emotional support on that kind of man is an idiot.
Like the esteemed author Rita Mae Brown once said (to paraphrase), any woman than turns her financial independence over to another human being keeps counsel with fools.
I'm not saying that a woman who chases swag is worth it. I'm saying there is a trend where there are women chasing swag, and it's making it hard for the men who don't have it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2016, 07:52 AM

290 posts, read 313,060 times
I thought swag just means stylist confidence, who wouldn't want that verses being a nerd with no confidence. Most attractive women have swag why can't men . There is nothing more sexier than a woman with a professional degree walking into the office with So Kate Red Sole or Jimmy Choo shoes with a St John suit, now that is swag.

Last edited by ekman243; 12-23-2016 at 08:17 AM..

Old 12-23-2016, 08:52 AM

4,010 posts, read 3,752,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekman243 View Post
I thought swag just means stylist confidence, who wouldn't want that verses being a nerd with no confidence. Most attractive women have swag why can't men . There is nothing more sexier than a woman with a professional degree walking into the office with So Kate Red Sole or Jimmy Choo shoes with a St John suit, now that is swag.
Depends on who is paying for it

Old 12-23-2016, 08:55 AM

23,460 posts, read 44,083,751 times
Quote:
And I would assert that any poor ******* that feels the need to resort to 'swag' is, in fact, a nerd with no confidence.
St. John suits. Yeah, my mother loved those things. I think that she was buried in one 10 years ago.

Old 12-23-2016, 09:49 AM

290 posts, read 313,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
And I would assert that any poor ******* that feels the need to resort to 'swag' is, in fact, a nerd with no confidence.
St. John suits. Yeah, my mother loved those things. I think that she was buried in one 10 years ago.

You must be old ,overweight or envious. You took the meaning of swag as a negative term. There is nothing wrong with being confident and sure of yourself, if not get there.

Old 12-23-2016, 11:37 AM

32,023 posts, read 36,782,996 times
Quote:
I thought "swag" meant stuff that was stolen, or the junk they pass out at conventions.

"Swagger" is different. That's the attitude (or the walk) of somebody who's extremely confident or arrogant.

At least that's the way I always understood it.

Old 12-23-2016, 12:51 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,523,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I'm not saying that a woman who chases swag is worth it. I'm saying there is a trend where there are women chasing swag, and it's making it hard for the men who don't have it.
LOL You and LD are speaking on two different frequencies, but I see what the 2 of you are saying though.

Old 12-23-2016, 12:53 PM

Quote:
You must be old ,overweight or envious. You took the meaning of swag as a negative term. There is nothing wrong with being confident and sure of yourself, if not get there.
Again 2 different frequencies

Old 12-23-2016, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augatl View Post
That's not the BW fault though.
Never said it was anyones fault maam. Just saying Black guys dont like it. There isnt much they can do about it either. They just have deal and navigate. Again make your money and spend it with the establishment. Its all good.

Old 12-23-2016, 01:42 PM

10,744 posts, read 13,384,671 times
Quote:
There is nothing sexier than a woman with confidence who doesn't feel the need to wear such expensive clothing. I'll take a pair of jeans and sweatshirt any day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta