Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 07:59 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,295,927 times

Advertisements

Simon mall operator becomes biggest real estate company - The Ball State Daily News - Ball State University

Simon also plans to spend $1 billion a year remodeling and expanding its best malls, the IBJ reports.

So, I guess not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2012, 09:36 AM

7,112 posts, read 10,133,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantm3 View Post
oh my goodness, that would be *so* cool. imagine down at the food court level, you know the hallway that goes back to the bathrooms? imagine if they built a tunnel that went from the station into the mall and came out there. that would be awesome.
Well...MARTA is what funnels in the riff-raff. I doubt Simon would think the investment worth it.

Old 10-05-2012, 09:47 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,866,786 times
Quote:
Well...MARTA is what funnels in the riff-raff. I doubt Simon would think the investment worth it.
What an ignorant comment. I use MARTA to do shopping at Lenox and so do thousands other. There is never any issues at the Lenox Station platforms or on the trains, so where is the 'riff-raff"? MARTA provides a way for thousands of potential customers to visit Lenox that might other wise not get the chance to spend money there.

Old 10-05-2012, 01:01 PM

32,026 posts, read 36,788,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathmanMathman View Post
Well...MARTA is what funnels in the riff-raff.
Who are you calling riff-raff?

Old 10-05-2012, 02:09 PM

5,242 posts, read 6,238,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Who are you calling riff-raff?
The folks that use the parking decks

Old 10-06-2012, 01:31 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,567,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikigod311 View Post
I hope they devote a large portion of that to cutting edge douchebag mitigation technology.
What do you mean? Lol. I think Lenox is fine, one of the few malls I lik

Old 10-06-2012, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Yea the wannabee hip hop industry riff raff..a bunch of posers lol. Its one of the few things I dislike about Lenox, but its nice most times.

Old 10-06-2012, 01:56 PM

1,868 posts, read 3,068,288 times
Quote:
Hey! I use Marta to go shop at Lenox. You calling me riff-raff?

Old 10-06-2012, 02:47 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,885,851 times
NOTE:

Ok, before this topic as so many others gets side-tracked, let me clear some things up and then we'll move on back to the topic (read the first post for it):

I have lived in Atlanta since the early 1980s. When the MARTA station first opened across the street from Lenox as part of a multi-station opening at the time, there were some issues with an increase in certain crimes - and I know this because at that time I worked at Lenox as well as knew others who both worked and managed stores there as well, then. For the most part it was petty theft shoplifting stuff, and there was a large increase in fighting in the old food court area, which for a time was overrun by teens with apparently nothing better to do but hang out in the mall all day - an even more popular pastime then than it is now. Was MARTA to blame for this? Well, it gave the kids an easier way to get to the mall without a car, sure, but the real issue was Lenox's management at the time, who were horrible. They were petrified of the influx of teens and problems and basically hid from it.

Long story short, management changed after several stores threatened to pull out of the mall. New management basically kicked butt in the food court, and things rapidly returned to normal. So the fact MARTA remained open did not cause an issue beyond that for the most part, because once decent management came into place, they took care of the problem. The same story has been played out in various other shopping venues in the metro area over the last 2+ decades - Cumberland Mall, Underground Atlanta, etc... the malls because a place where teens and "teen crap" takes over, management gets scared, new management takes over, and the problems go away (or at least migrate elsewhere). Nothing new in Lenox's version of it.

Case closed... we can now stop diverting the topic to Lenox customers, and back to the topic of the expansion and remodeling of the mall.

Thank you.

Old 10-06-2012, 03:35 PM

I think the mall is fine & who will front the cost really? They will raise the rent lease on the stores who will raise item prices?? Possibly, this is supposed too be ready by xmas 13?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta