Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 08:43 PM

2,590 posts, read 4,532,532 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinthe404 View Post
@DTL3000....enough of the shenanigans...just joshing with you. I respect your opinion ...now...I'm offering the olive branch of peace ...please accept so that we can get back on topic. Are we cool?
sure

Old 01-06-2013, 08:47 PM

492 posts, read 791,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTL3000 View Post
Actually, hiding your head in the sand makes you look like a fool.

Been around Five Points lately?
Been to PG county latetly? See I can do that too and find thugs in any metro.

That doesn't disprove what she said. Most black people here aren't like the ones in these "reality" tv shows.

Old 01-06-2013, 08:54 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,912,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by germansoldiers View Post
Yes, of course, it's the networks' "fault". These people don't really exist in "reality". The networks are just making up all this "reality" TV. NOT!

And for some "reason" these networks keep honing in on Atlanta over and over and over, and every time they keep striking fool's gold with Honey Boo Boo, Baby's Mamas and all the rest.

Stayin' classy.
I never said they don't exist.. Because it exist in every major metro area but the networks need to stop promoting these people. By the way Honey boo boo was one of Barbara walters most fascinating people of 2012 what does that have to say about Barbara Walters are does she get a pass..

Old 01-06-2013, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Oh, I agree with your SECOND POST, but it was the one where you were saying that 70% of black women are unwed and have nothing better to do.

I wasn't offended or angry in my post to you, but it is true that people do watch these shows to feel better about their boring lives.

These shows really are scripted. I had an idea for what I considered to be an entertaining reality show (not a high amount of ratchet LOL) and was shocked to find out that I needed to have real episodes with a "storyline" of sorts.

I was upset, because this is basically a slap in the face to the Writer's Guild by gypping them out of their percentage of the money and giving it to the "producers" who are egging these people on to create drama.

But since I've never actually been on a set before, I will go on to say that many of the fight scenes are probably coming from the "heart", but probably started by a "producer" to get the ball rolling.

I also want to see a reality show about Jaquana and her five baby daddies too.

Did you know that Honey Boo Boo's mother June got all her kids from different men? Yep. All of her daughters fathers are from white versions of Jaquana's baby daddies. All of them have been locked up too, including Honey Boo Boo's pops and June's been arrested for stuff too.

Just thought I'd put that out there for those still putting whites on this imaginary pedestal.

Yes everything whites do gets swept under the rug.

Old 01-06-2013, 09:04 PM

You know whats funny is that all these new screen names keep popping up lol all these returning Atlanta bashers lol

Old 01-06-2013, 09:13 PM

492 posts, read 791,185 times
Quote:
Maybe it has something to do with the "It's because we're/they're black, isn't it?" defense that always gets thrown out when folks point out how ridiculous and harmful this subculture is.
Yet no one wants to attack whites for the subculture or serial killers/mass murderers and child molesters. Wait, those are just individuals right?

Old 01-06-2013, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Maybe it has something to do with the "It's because we're/they're black, isn't it?" defense that always gets thrown out when folks point out how ridiculous and harmful this subculture is.
But its true and will always be true what that person said.. If our **** was swept under a rug like white folks **** is then there probably wouldn't be any stereotypes and people wouldn't believe half of the stuff exist .. A white man can go kill up 20 kids at school, A white man can go into a movie theater in Colorado and kill innocent people, a white man can go and Shoot up a high school full of kids but its always a isolated incident the white race is never labeled at all. There always excuses for everything they do..

Old 01-06-2013, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
Then simply prove them wrong and stop caring what other people think. I'm black, but I don't give a damn what white, Asians, hispanics, or other blacks think about me. I will simply prove their stereotypes wrong. Complaining won't help.

If every black person did this, then things would change.
Blacks have been doing this for years decades showing ourselves that we are just as equal to our white counterparts. The problem is they wont portray us in the media the same way they portray Becky. No matter how many successful Black educated Doctors, lawyers, Politicians we have they will still view us as the Monkey on the porch.

Old 01-07-2013, 10:33 AM

32,026 posts, read 36,796,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Did you know that Honey Boo Boo's mother June got all her kids from different men? Yep. All of her daughters fathers are from white versions of Jaquana's baby daddies. All of them have been locked up too, including Honey Boo Boo's pops and June's been arrested for stuff too.

Just thought I'd put that out there for those still putting whites on this imaginary pedestal.
Unfortunately all poor and lower class whites get tarred with the same brush, even though most don't live like that.

Society loves stereotypes for some reason. I think that's because it's easier than actually thinking and looking at people as individuals.

Old 01-07-2013, 10:40 AM

6,420 posts, read 6,527,077 times
The shows are not that big of a deal, its just entertainment. I dont think anyone should feel bad that Shawty is able to have that many women chasing him for whatever they need. Its on tv to entertain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta