Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 04:34 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,047,654 times

Advertisements

I can't possible remember all the names...there are some new ones right near Piedmont Park on Piedmont (I am thinking of 2 or 3 different buildings, at least one is apt, not condo). There are buildings like The Dakotah (condo), Midcity Lofts (condo), Ivy Hall (new apt complex built as Condo so it is nice), 805 Peachtree (condo) and many more. Most condos limit rentals but you can still find rentals in those buildings.

Midtown has everything from SFH to townhomes to lowrise, midrise and highrise apartments and condos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesKnox View Post
@Noah --- Such as??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2013, 05:04 PM

12 posts, read 20,731 times
@noah -- really like Ivy Hall. After seeing these places, I guess I am looking for more "Condo" living as opposed to typical apartment living. Very impressed with Ivy Hall though. So Noah...you are still advocating for the Midtown area? You aren't fond of the Buckhead, Druid Hills, Brookhaven, etc etc?

Old 01-27-2013, 05:46 PM

4 posts, read 4,238 times
I live in Midtown at Plaza Midtown and absolutely love it! Publix is downstairs, walk to MARTA and just about anything you need. A lot of good restaurants. A walk/run to Piedmont Park. My roommate and I are moving out at the end of February so our place is up for rent through Cooper Brown Real Estate. I love our place but we both want one bedrooms. I am staying in Midtown!

Old 01-27-2013, 05:51 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,087,284 times
In Inman Park - check out the following apartment complexes:

N. Highland Steel | Inman Park Apartments, Virginia Highland Apartments for Rent, Atlanta Little Five Points Apartment Rentals

The Blue Horse – Parkside Partners

Old 01-27-2013, 10:40 PM

12 posts, read 20,731 times
Thanks George.
I don't really love those communities.

Anyone familiar with Gables Midtown? --- I know it's not REALLY in Midtown but what is that area like?
Does anyone have opinions on Druid Hills and the area around Druid Hills such as Lavista Park?

Old 01-28-2013, 05:16 AM

3,709 posts, read 5,987,701 times
Ivy Hall isn't really in a fantastic location imo. Right on the edge of Midtown and not really the "good edge". It's not a terrible area or anything, but definitely more panhandlers and such than you'll see in the middle of Midtown.

I'd say look for a rental at 905 Juniper, Midcity Lofts, Cornerstone, Cotting Court, The Dakota, etc. Finding a good rental in any one of these buildings would be very tough, but if you keep close tabs on all of them something should come up.

Keep in mind: renting prime condos in Midtown isn't particularly easy. Landlords often get plenty of replies for a posting, and have their pick of tenants. You basically need to be able to view the property instantly and ready to move if you want much of a shot. Complexes are a lot easier to work with.

Old 01-28-2013, 06:38 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,866,786 times
Quote:
I like newer communities. New appliances, granite countertops, etc. Does Inman Park, Candler Park or Poncey-Highland have that?
There are several if not a dozen new apartments in Inman Park and Old Fourth Ward that have those. Most are concentrated along the BeltLine's Eastside Trail.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:11 AM

23,464 posts, read 44,090,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesKnox View Post
Thanks George.
I don't really love those communities.

Anyone familiar with Gables Midtown? --- I know it's not REALLY in Midtown but what is that area like?
Does anyone have opinions on Druid Hills and the area around Druid Hills such as Lavista Park?
Gables Midtown is actually well located, as Ansley Mall is less than a mile away and Piedmont Park just beyond. The views of the Buckhead skyline are great from there. The only problem I might have with it is that it sits right on top of I-85, so I might have an issue with traffic noise.
Actually, Gables Sheridan (located at the edge of LaVista Park and North Druid Hills) might be a good candidate for you. Well located, right across the street from the VERY popular Northeast Athletic Club. Close to pretty much everything.

Old 01-28-2013, 10:02 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,866,786 times
Post Parkside on 10th street and Piedmont Park.

Old 01-29-2013, 04:35 PM

163 posts, read 431,433 times
I vote Inman Park as well, but then again, I live here. It's walkable, there are a lot of bars and restaurants in walking distance, it's on the MARTA line, and it's close to Midtown. Good neighborhood feel and people of all ages.

Check the Mariposa Lofts. Mariposa Lofts
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta