Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 02:35 PM

141 posts, read 299,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by equinox63 View Post
Would you raise a family in Reynoldstown? Why or Why not?

I definitely would. I've been looking at intown neighborhoods to start a family and Reynoldstown is in my top 5. I love the location, the people are friendly, lots of other young families, great community involvement, and diversity.

As with any other intown neighborhood, crime in some amount is to be expected. Reynoldstown has come quite a way in recent years though. Sure, scary things happen ... like the senseless murder of the young man in East Atlanta. But the community is fighting back and that's what I love about so many intown neighborhoods - the residents care about their communities. Not saying that outlying areas don't care about their neighborhoods, but having experienced both I have to say that living intown feels more close knit and that's a big draw for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2013, 02:38 PM

10,974 posts, read 10,885,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post
The question wasn't would you live in this area. The question was, would you raise a family there.

Sounds like some of us would, others wouldn't.
I agree. To each his own. Bad stuff can happen anywhere, rather driving down the road or sitting in you living room, no matter how careful you are.

I personally love the in town neighborhoods and that lifestyle. I choose to take my risks walking down the street than driving down the highway.

Old 06-05-2013, 03:58 PM

139 posts, read 231,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
The Beltline runs right through the middle of Reynoldstown. Right now, it's still just a strip of land, but the paved pathway will be laid soon. I'd say that's a pretty good central, binding
Like I said, I think R-town's best days, just like the SE Beltline, are in the future. When/if those will come, we don't know. The Beltline certainly has a chance to have profound effect there.

Old 06-05-2013, 04:35 PM

416 posts, read 973,077 times
Quote:
No, I work hard and my family deserves better.

Old 06-05-2013, 06:45 PM

402 posts, read 704,260 times
The area is transitional. Good for singles, young couples, pioneering families. In 10 years it will look like Inman Park.

Old 06-05-2013, 07:29 PM

16,713 posts, read 29,555,716 times
Quote:

Yes.

1. It is now Kirkwood/Grant Park/East Atlanta/Cabbagetown-esque.

2. Whitefoord is a decent/good school.

3. Impressed with improvements/changes/long-range plans at Coan and Jackson.

4. Great location.

5. Bucolic beauty in the middle of the city.

6. Rustic "country-ness" with urban amenities.

Old 06-05-2013, 07:32 PM

4,790 posts, read 6,881,847 times
yeah, i would be okay with it. reynoldstown has really cleaned up in the past few years, i've driven through there (and walked) all times of day and night and it seems peaceful.

Old 06-05-2013, 09:20 PM

139 posts, read 231,786 times
Out of curiosity, equinox, what's your take and why did you ask?

Also, this thread would have been more insightful had each poster say whether or not they had kids.

Old 06-06-2013, 06:42 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,307,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatlien View Post

Also, this thread would have been more insightful had each poster say whether or not they had kids.
Good point.

In my case, I wouldn't raise a family anywhere.

Old 06-06-2013, 07:11 AM

32,032 posts, read 36,823,708 times
Putting your kids in a transitional school takes some foresight and determination. But you have start somewhere.

I know plenty of people who have done it and almost everyone one of them, students and parents alike, say it was a positive thing.

If you are talking about real education, what could be a more powerful experience than learning how to stand up for what is right, to go against the crowd, and to ultimately bring about true change in your community?

That trumps any standardized test score.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta