Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 11:37 AM

421 posts, read 750,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrythesnake View Post
Yeah right. If my credit score is 849 and I cant marry someone with a 450 credit score.
Even if they are otherwise a good person who fell on hard time or made mistakes and are working to fix them?

Old 07-23-2013, 11:40 AM

1,637 posts, read 2,632,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeminds View Post
Even if they are otherwise a good person who fell on hard time or made mistakes and are working to fix them?
Sure. We can keep separate accounts until then

Old 07-23-2013, 01:43 PM

421 posts, read 750,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kferq View Post
6 million is right rounded to the nearest million. Metro Atlanta , 5.457 Million July 1, 2012, with a growth rate of over 2%, puts us over 5.5 million, so round it to 6.

Metropolitan and Micropolitan Statistical Areas Totals: Vintage 2012 - U.S Census Bureau

Even if you say is 5.5 million people, the poster point is that a lot of people live here, many of them young and interesting to meet.
Lol, but you rounded twice; from 5.457 to 5.5 and then to 6 million. I get the point but people don't need to be spreading around that we have 6 million people here.

Old 07-24-2013, 09:31 AM

4,243 posts, read 4,757,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarzanman View Post
Being the total package isn't a necessity (my sister is overweight, and she found a great black man), but it can make things far easier.

It isn't just the shallow men in Atlanta... it is shallow men all over. Many people are loathe to admit it, but there is certainly a pattern of successful or well to do men who gravitate toward skinny 20-somethings. If you are looking for a guy who is in athletic shape, then not being in shape yourself makes that prospect almost a non-starter.

Body shape isn't everything, but whatever else a partner brings to a relationship at an early stage had better be just as evident to the other partner. Many of the guys you are interested in just have too many other options (and the willingness to go explore them).
^This one statement pretty much sums up the majority of my opinions on being a single black female and dating in Atlanta.

Old 07-24-2013, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocNY View Post
If you cant find a suitable person to date in a metro of almost 6 million then something is wrong with you!
To the OP, I don't think its hard at all to find a black man to date in Atlanta...its pretty easy actually (I'm basing that on my personal experience having lived there for 13 years).

Now, this is also based on my definition of dating as well. That's the catch. To me, dating is going out with and getting to know someone on a personal/individual level and involves me having some level of physical attraction to the individual I'm dating. It also means I have some interest/am open to and potentially hopeful of the dating experience leading into a committed relationship. Dating to me does not involve exclusivity.

Old 07-24-2013, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeminds View Post
How does have a education and good job " emasculating"?
I would also like to know the answer to this...

Old 07-24-2013, 09:48 AM

Another factor in Atlanta affecting single black women dating single black men is the number of single black men who prefer to date other men honestly. Now that I'm living in another city Atlanta stands out to me as being the #1 spot I would choose to move to if I were a single black gay male.

Old 07-24-2013, 09:56 AM

1,637 posts, read 2,632,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southkakkatlantan View Post
Another factor in Atlanta affecting single black women dating single black men is the number of single black men who prefer to date other men honestly. Now that I'm living in another city Atlanta stands out to me as being the #1 spot I would choose to move to if I were a single black gay male.
It balances out if you take out the women who date women, strippers, women with too many miles on them, the women who are crazy and/or bring nothing to the table, etc

Old 07-24-2013, 10:07 AM

3,421 posts, read 5,225,871 times
Quote:
It balances out if you take out the women who date women, strippers, women with too many miles on them, the women who are crazy and/or bring nothing to the table, etc
And what about all the men who have baggage and issues? You speak as if only women are the ones with problems. That's a pretty misogynistic way of looking at things. Because men have so many options here, a lot of them "have a lot of miles" on them too. I can't speak for other women but I don't care for men who sleep around just like a man who doesn't want a woman who sleeps around.

There are lots of men here who have baby momma drama and kids out of wedlock too--and not just black men.

Old 07-24-2013, 10:09 AM

Quote:
I doubt that they balance out. Are you a female?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta