Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 10:22 AM

1,637 posts, read 2,631,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta_BD View Post
And what about all the men who have baggage and issues? You speak as if only women are the ones with problems. That's a pretty misogynistic way of looking at things. Because men have so many options here, a lot of them "have a lot of miles" on them too. I can't speak for other women but I don't care for men who sleep around just like a man who doesn't want a woman who sleeps around.
Generally women perfer an experienced man and generally a guy doesnt want to wife someone who has been around the block. Generally the man doesnt have custody of his kid (s) so generally it doesnr matter as much for the guy.

Btw men don't have that many options in Atlanta or in most American cities as far as wifey material. Now we have plenty of options for friends and booty calls. Btw this isnt an Atlanta issue it is more of an American issue. The marriage rate across tbe country is dropping. It is actually the lowest it has been in decades. Men know that the system isnt generally fair to men. It is more deeper than this but the moral of the story is these issues are generally nationwide and not just a local problem. People at like the marriage rate in Atlanta is 0% and it is 100% everywhere else

Old 07-24-2013, 11:47 AM

937 posts, read 1,135,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrythesnake View Post
Generally the man doesnt have custody of his kid (s) so generally it doesnr matter as much for the guy.
Ever heard of a thing called child support? A man with children, still has to pay child support, which often means less money for his current and/or future family.

Old 07-24-2013, 11:55 AM

3,421 posts, read 5,223,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrythesnake View Post
Generally women perfer an experienced man and generally a guy doesnt want to wife someone who has been around the block. Generally the man doesnt have custody of his kid (s) so generally it doesnr matter as much for the guy.
This is male fantasy, not reality. More specifically this isn't etched in stone and applies to all men or all women. Not all men think like you. I've know women who are promiscuous to get married with no problems while I know women who are much more selective and don't sleep at all or even have sex outside commitment yet they aren't even dating.

Old 07-24-2013, 01:24 PM

1,637 posts, read 2,631,791 times
That's why is said "generally"

Im done bumping up this thread

Last edited by gerrythesnake; 07-24-2013 at 01:38 PM..

Old 07-24-2013, 01:28 PM

421 posts, read 750,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southkakkatlantan View Post
To the OP, I don't think its hard at all to find a black man to date in Atlanta...its pretty easy actually (I'm basing that on my personal experience having lived there for 13 years).

Now, this is also based on my definition of dating as well. That's the catch. To me, dating is going out with and getting to know someone on a personal/individual level and involves me having some level of physical attraction to the individual I'm dating. It also means I have some interest/am open to and potentially hopeful of the dating experience leading into a committed relationship. Dating to me does not involve exclusivity.
Don't just date black men. Way more white men anyway.

Old 07-24-2013, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southkakkatlantan View Post
Another factor in Atlanta affecting single black women dating single black men is the number of single black men who prefer to date other men honestly. Now that I'm living in another city Atlanta stands out to me as being the #1 spot I would choose to move to if I were a single black gay male.
What is "shytown"?

Old 07-24-2013, 01:32 PM

Quote:
And what about all the men who have baggage and issues? You speak as if only women are the ones with problems. That's a pretty misogynistic way of looking at things. Because men have so many options here, a lot of them "have a lot of miles" on them too. I can't speak for other women but I don't care for men who sleep around just like a man who doesn't want a woman who sleeps around.

There are lots of men here who have baby momma drama and kids out of wedlock too--and not just black men.
But there is no evidence that supports this supposedly high ratio of women to men.

Old 07-24-2013, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeminds View Post
But there is no evidence that supports this supposedly high ratio of women to men.
Maybe, maybe not. Still doesn't change that men still have more options here and finding a man that wants a serious relationship is nearly impossible.

Old 07-24-2013, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeminds View Post
Don't just date black men. Way more white men anyway.
I am black and haven't dated a black man since living in Atlanta and dating white men here is no easier because they still have hang-ups about being in a serious relationship with black women. Plus a lot white men just don't find black women attractive. I have no issues with white men finding me physically attractive because I am slim, but they still don't want a serious relationship with a black woman many of them.

Old 07-24-2013, 02:04 PM

5,193 posts, read 5,767,731 times
Quote:
I am black and haven't dated a black man since living in Atlanta and dating white men here is no easier because they still have hang-ups about being in a serious relationship with black women. Plus a lot white men just don't find black women attractive. I have no issues with white men finding me physically attractive because I am slim, but they still don't want a serious relationship with a black woman many of them.
Thank the media for the subtle and not so subtle brainwashing.

As the demographics of the USA change, I expect that these biases will be reduced.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta