Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 09:01 PM

2,530 posts, read 4,779,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrythesnake View Post
Retailers: (Here are some of the tenants supposedly) It will be basically 80 expensive stores that are not currently in Atlanta. .....

Hermes
Oscar de la Renta
Brunello Cucinelli
Etro
Akris
Jimmy Choo
Courage. b
Christian Louboutin
Scoop NYC
Moncler
Canali
Thomas Pink
L' Occitane

Restaurants:

American Cut
Georgetown Cupcakes
Shake Shack
Corso Coffee Wine Bar
Lugo Caffe
Gypsy Kitchen
Fireside Pies
Le Bilboquet
Doraku Sushi

I did not check the entire list but Jimmy Choo is currently in Phipps, L'Occitane used to be in Lenox and still has 2 other locations in Atlanta. Hermes is currently in Buckhead
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2013, 09:03 PM

9,008 posts, read 14,078,076 times
I personally don't think many of those stores will survive in Atlanta.

PREDICTION: By 2019, Buckhead Atlanta will feature a few better than average stores, but also utilitarian stores like a CVS and a Chick-fil-A.

Old 08-20-2013, 09:11 PM

1,637 posts, read 2,633,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post
I personally don't think many of those stores will survive in Atlanta.

PREDICTION: By 2019, Buckhead Atlanta will feature a few better than average stores, but also utilitarian stores like a CVS and a Chick-fil-A.

You serious? lol You are living in a fantasy world if you actually believe that.

If LS and PP can survive BA will. They basically will have the same type of customers. The same people that go to LS and PP will go down the street to BA to shop.

Buckhead Tourist Guide

“Buckhead is the shopping mecca of the southeast, with more than 1,400 shopping units and in excess of $1 billion dollars a year in sales. Forty percent of Buckhead’s shoppers come from more than 100 miles away.” Atlanta Business Chronicle
“The Robb Report rated Buckhead one of the USA’s 10 “Top Affluent Communities” for “some of the most beautiful mansions, best shopping and finest restaurants in the southeastern United States.”

Old 08-20-2013, 10:49 PM

9,008 posts, read 14,078,076 times
I stand by my prediction. Check back in 2019.

There's a reason one of the most steady fixtures at Phipps has been the movie theater and the food court at Lenox.

The development will be able to support a few high-end stores, but it's going to have to include a mix of "normal" stores too. Over time, they will be the ones that prove to be survivors as all but the best high-end stores turnover multiple times.

Old 08-21-2013, 06:37 AM

1,637 posts, read 2,633,324 times
Quote:

There's a reason one of the most steady fixtures at Phipps has been the movie theater and the food court at Lenox.

The development will be able to support a few high-end stores, but it's going to have to include a mix of "normal" stores too. Over time, they will be the ones that prove to be survivors as all but the best high-end stores turnover multiple times.
No. Food and a theater goes hand and hand in any shopping district. The markup is so high in those stores that they only need a few people to buy items each month to stay in business. Everything will balance out. Instead of all the high end money going to LS and PP it will now include BA but on the flip side BA will bring more people to the city that will also spend money at LS and PP.

We will see in 2019 though

Last edited by gerrythesnake; 08-21-2013 at 06:49 AM..

Old 08-21-2013, 06:54 AM

1,228 posts, read 2,391,602 times
Jimmy Choo is already at Phipps, so they may stay there.

Old 08-21-2013, 07:56 AM

3,451 posts, read 3,917,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelySummer View Post
Finally, a list!!!! Thank you so much, Gerrythesnake!!! I have been enlightened.
Wow, a pretty high end list. I'm sure alot of people will be happy about Jimmy Choo, Hermes and Christine Louboutin. I won't shop there either but walking over for dinner or sushi could be cool from time to time.
Jimmy Choo has a location in Phipps Already and Hermes has been in Atlanta for years they closed at lenox because they were opening at buckhead Atlanta. They relocated Hermes store and its open right near Buckhead Atlanta. The new one will be 2 levels and it will be a flagship store

Old 08-21-2013, 07:58 AM

4,574 posts, read 7,508,378 times
More tenants are said to be announced by OliverMcMillan within the coming weeks. All that has been confirmed by the company thus far are Shake Shack, Spanx, and Hermes.

Old 08-21-2013, 08:01 AM

3,451 posts, read 3,917,598 times
Quote:

Have several seats lol Some of the stores have been wanting to enter Atlanta market for a while now. But there was no space. And if Phipps is not active they wouldnt be adding yet another High end show store Guiseppe Zanotti..

Old 08-21-2013, 08:30 AM

32,033 posts, read 36,849,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrythesnake View Post

Experience Avalon - YouTube

Avalon Closes $126.5 Million in Construction Financing
I heard Avalon is going to require a VIP card to get into the most exclusive shops and bars. They may even have a separate entrance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta