Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2014, 03:46 AM

17 posts, read 23,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
He sounds like a power-tripping loser and I would get out of there ASAP (maybe pool your resources with the other roommate and get a place before you give him notice?)
That is what the other tenant and I are thinking of doing. But we are trying to find out the legal reprocutions of doing that and breaking the lease. I mean he really can't report it to my credit because the only thing he has of my personal information is my name and my signature. No SSN or birthdate. Not even my previous address.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2014, 03:48 AM

194 posts, read 317,442 times
Runaway! Don't look back and don't give this loser anymore of your money. He sounds extremely immature and shows no respect to you or the other roommate. And you said the "girlfriend" is "psychotic"?!? Doesn't sound like a healthy nor safe living arrangement.

So I'm going to give you some fatherly advice. LEAVE!! Your safety and well-being means nothing to this guy and the psycho girlfriend just concerns me! What if they "break-up" and she suspects you as the reason? Doesn't bode well for a happy ending either way. Just leave.

Please be safe and take care.

boo r.

Old 02-12-2014, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo radley View Post
Runaway! Don't look back and don't give this loser anymore of your money. He sounds extremely immature and shows no respect to you or the other roommate. And you said the "girlfriend" is "psychotic"?!? Doesn't sound like a healthy nor safe living arrangement.

So I'm going to give you some fatherly advice. LEAVE!! Your safety and well-being means nothing to this guy and the psycho girlfriend just concerns me! What if they "break-up" and she suspects you as the reason? Doesn't bode well for a happy ending either way. Just leave.

Please be safe and take care.

boo r.
Yes and I mean Psychotic in literal terms, she is in therapy for Psychotic tendancies and is on some kind of meds for it and drinks heavily while on her meds for the psychotic tendancies.

Old 02-12-2014, 04:27 AM

2,862 posts, read 3,822,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedSleepInGeorgia View Post
Yes and I mean Psychotic in literal terms, she is in therapy for Psychotic tendancies and is on some kind of meds for it and drinks heavily while on her meds for the psychotic tendancies.
Well, it sounds like you're up for a very pleasant next few days if you get stuck in the house.

Old 02-12-2014, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleKaye View Post
Well, it sounds like you're up for a very pleasant next few days if you get stuck in the house.
Yes but I am remaining locked in my bedroom. Luckily I think she is not here for this round of us being snowed in. well Iced in this time.

Old 02-12-2014, 10:03 AM

11 posts, read 11,484 times
OK this is what you need to do and I hope you do it. Type a letter stating you are giving him 10 days to produce copy of the lease you signed or he null and voids your contract. Make a copy for your records and mail it certified. He lied to you about the noise so in esense he broke agreement of lease. You and the other roommate need to confront both of them BEFORE their SCREAMING matches begins and say we understand you have NEEDS but you need to respect your self and your tenants by keeping quite and not waking up the house. If he wants to be loud go to her house or rent a hotel room or he pays for you two to go to a hotel each having your own room.

Personally I would bang on the door and tell her to shut up your trying to sleep or I would call the police and neither you or your roommate own up to who called.

You need to confront that girl and tell her you k she can control the noise coming from her mouth. Its disrespectful and makes her look like like she only gets on weekends.

Wish I lived closer I would talk to that guy for you. I would if I were you contact the owner he may not even know he sub renting and could throw him out let you and the other guy stay

Old 02-12-2014, 10:41 AM

9,008 posts, read 14,060,376 times
Just leave.

What's he going to do? Come after you in court?

Before he could even serve you with papers he'd have to figure out what your new address is, and well, he just doesn't sound like the kind of person who has the drive to figure something like that out.

Though if he keeps his girlfriend screaming from 2a-6a, maybe you ought to steal him away....sounds like he knows how to please a lady.

If you've only been there a month, it's not like it's on your rental history. So long as your credit is good, no professionally managed apartment would even care.

Old 02-12-2014, 11:37 AM

567 posts, read 890,046 times
Judging from his antics, I highly doubt that this guy would go after you in court, but that's just my opinion. If this guy can't even follow through on printing out a lease agreement, then what are the odds of him following through and filing a law suit against someone...People are crazy 0_0

Old 02-12-2014, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanting2Move View Post
OK this is what you need to do and I hope you do it. Type a letter stating you are giving him 10 days to produce copy of the lease you signed or he null and voids your contract. Make a copy for your records and mail it certified. He lied to you about the noise so in esense he broke agreement of lease. You and the other roommate need to confront both of them BEFORE their SCREAMING matches begins and say we understand you have NEEDS but you need to respect your self and your tenants by keeping quite and not waking up the house. If he wants to be loud go to her house or rent a hotel room or he pays for you two to go to a hotel each having your own room.

Personally I would bang on the door and tell her to shut up your trying to sleep or I would call the police and neither you or your roommate own up to who called.

You need to confront that girl and tell her you k she can control the noise coming from her mouth. Its disrespectful and makes her look like like she only gets on weekends.

Wish I lived closer I would talk to that guy for you. I would if I were you contact the owner he may not even know he sub renting and could throw him out let you and the other guy stay
Thank you, I will send the letter out as soon as we are not stuck inside because of the ice storm. We have confronted her and him both, we have yelled back to them that they need to shut up. I suggested he buy her a ball gag because she's faking it anyways. She has admitted to doing it on purpose to wake everyone up. But like I said, it's not just the noise, it's the fact that she is psychotic and in therapy and on meds for it. It makes me and the other room mate uncomfortable to even be here when she is here and we pay rent to be here and we will eventually have an argument with sublandlord where he laughs it off or tells us that we are being disrespectful to him and that he will evict us for disrespecting or threatening to call the cops on a landlord. I may not be an attorney or know all the laws out there but I am pretty sure threatening to call the cops isn't illegal nor can he evict us for taken those measures. They wont go to her house because she still lives with her parents, and they don't want to be disrespectful to her parents.

But I do thank you for the advice and will definitely take the route to mail him a certified letter to get the copy of the lease. I honestly think that since he has none of my personal information just my name and signature that he has no way to even come after me in court for unpaid rent, I realize that losing my security deposit is a given but to move and live somewhere where I feel safer (mean no crazy girlfriend with proven psychotic tendancies) and to have comfort of coming home to get some sleep may be well worth losing the $400 deposit. Plus I have recordings of all our conversations and all our text back and forth of him admitting to eavesdropping on our conversations that we have because we may be talking behind his back, that he stutters around getting problems in the home fixed like no hot water in the shared bathroom, Missing ceiling tiles in the home, and much more. I have text with him admitting to harassing me every day for a week before rent was even due. With him changing his story about why he kept asking for rent early and why he cant send me my lease. So I have plenty of evidence of what has been going on here if he were to try to take me to court on me breaking my lease because I felt for my safety and did not sign on to have a psychotic person living with me who drinks while taking the psychotic meds.

Old 02-12-2014, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post
Just leave.

What's he going to do? Come after you in court?

Before he could even serve you with papers he'd have to figure out what your new address is, and well, he just doesn't sound like the kind of person who has the drive to figure something like that out.

Though if he keeps his girlfriend screaming from 2a-6a, maybe you ought to steal him away....sounds like he knows how to please a lady.

If you've only been there a month, it's not like it's on your rental history. So long as your credit is good, no professionally managed apartment would even care.
Lol. Doubt he knows how to please a lady. She's faking it. And he couldn't even figure that out. So you may be right that he wouldn't be the kind of person to figure out where I have moved too. Plus, he can't report it to the credit bureaus anyways since he only has my first and last name as well as my signature. I pay by money order so he has no way of getting my bank information to even find my address or ssn or anything of that nature.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta