Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2014, 05:06 AM

32,019 posts, read 36,767,663 times

Advertisements

I just hope the COA people will get over this bitterness toward Cobb. We're all in this together and the Bravos are still our town's team.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2014, 06:23 AM

2,862 posts, read 3,819,610 times
Maybe I missed it, but what are they thinking about putting in the Braves Entertainment Village?

Looking through this thread made me crave Scalini's so we went there last night.

Anyway, I'm just curious about the options, not just restaurants, but what exactly do they have intent of adding? Of things the area doesn't have, a comedy club might not be a bad idea.

Old 02-24-2014, 06:44 AM

2,167 posts, read 2,829,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleKaye View Post
Maybe I missed it, but what are they thinking about putting in the Braves Entertainment Village?

Anyway, I'm just curious about the options, not just restaurants, but what exactly do they have intent of adding?
This is what I'm wondering also. You'd have to sell a lot of Cinnabons and $9 taco plates to make Dodgers-type money. They must have a plan that will make it more than just an assembly of fast casual food/beverage and retail. I'm (genuinely) interested to see what that includes, since I don't think there is enough tax money available to relocate Stone Mountain as well.

Last edited by red92s; 02-24-2014 at 06:59 AM..

Old 02-24-2014, 07:13 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,854,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
I just hope the COA people will get over this bitterness toward Cobb. We're all in this together and the Bravos are still our town's team.
Not our town's team, but the region's team.

Old 02-24-2014, 08:19 AM

1,317 posts, read 1,640,118 times
Quote:
I hope so too Arjay57. I wonder if those intense feelings of bitterness about the move is a C-D thing, or do the (non C-D) civilians feel that way as well. I can understand the initial disappointment but some of the anti-(fill-in the blank) comments I see on here are ridiculous. Once again, the new stadium will be less than 2 miles from the city limit, about 10 miles from downtown, "big floppy deal".

I wonder if the new stadium was proposed to be built in the area of the New North Atlanta HS which is on the COA side of the Chattahoochie on Cobb Pkwy, would it be so much hate?

Hater feedback welcomed

Old 02-24-2014, 08:47 AM

6,503 posts, read 6,117,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glovenyc View Post
I wonder if the new stadium was proposed to be built in the area of the New North Atlanta HS which is on the COA side of the Chattahoochie on Cobb Pkwy, would it be so much hate?
That's an even worse location that Windy Ridge.

Old 02-24-2014, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleKaye View Post
If I know Cobb they will come up with something pretty cool.

Old 02-24-2014, 08:53 AM

Quote:
That's an interesting comparison. Folks in the city of Atlanta didn't seem to get too upset about dumping $150 million in taxpayer dollars into a non-revenue producing facility on our side of the river.

Old 02-24-2014, 09:00 AM

2,167 posts, read 2,829,547 times
Quote:
I hope so too Arjay57. I wonder if those intense feelings of bitterness about the move is a C-D thing, or do the (non C-D) civilians feel that way as well. I can understand the initial disappointment but some of the anti-(fill-in the blank) comments I see on here are ridiculous. Once again, the new stadium will be less than 2 miles from the city limit, about 10 miles from downtown, "big floppy deal".

Hater feedback welcomed
I'd say within our close group of friends, most are pretty big Braves fans, and most of us can be at Turner without touching a highway in 10 minutes. Sentiment among many seems to be universally "bummed" by this move. Hurt feelings aside, it will just be logistically more complicated to go to games, so we likely won't attend as many. Are people going to boycott? Probably not. Will our attendance drop off dramatically? Absolutely. We probably make it to 10 or 12 games per season now, and maybe that number will be 2 or 3 after the move. That sucks, for us. We were the fans that drink cheap beer in the parking lot, scalp tickets day of, and bring in our own hot dogs . . . so the Braves probably don't care about our diminished attendance. They'd gladly trade it for more frequent visits from a little league team Marietta, groups of KSU students buying way to many beers, or a family of 5 spending concession dollars in and around the stadium.

The reality of the situation is that the Braves can afford to burn a few bridges with lifetime fans in this process. They (we) are numbers on a page. As long as those numbers sum up to be larger than they are now, they could care less. Private corporations are pretty good about making these decisions based on the numbers, and not sentiment.

Last edited by red92s; 02-24-2014 at 09:08 AM..

Old 02-24-2014, 09:11 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,854,509 times
Quote:
That's an interesting comparison. Folks in the city of Atlanta didn't seem to get too upset about dumping $150 million in taxpayer dollars into a non-revenue producing facility on our side of the river.
Not paid by the citizens of Atlanta. Its only from hotel/motel taxes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta