Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2014, 09:10 PM

23,528 posts, read 44,214,555 times

Advertisements

Stop hyperventilating. These losers don't amount to a hill of beans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2014, 09:18 PM

37,904 posts, read 42,114,208 times
What was the rally even about?

Old 03-04-2014, 09:26 PM

13,705 posts, read 21,976,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
What was the rally even about?
Does it really matter?

Old 03-04-2014, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post
That's an interesting take on the suppression of coverage of the KKK event at the Capitol.

But here's my opinion:

The more realistic answer is that the corporate media and the elites of Atlanta and Georgia was doing the usual suppressing of select coverage to maintain the image of a "City too busy to hate".

Georgia has enough trouble with the retarded goobers running the Capitol trying to pass throwback laws reminiscent of the bad ol' days.

No need to have another set of ignorant gomers in black fatigues & white robes at the same capitol on coast-to-coast television pushing their regressive agendas as well, I suppose.

The easy comparisons between the business attired regressives and the white robed regressives would make for a lot of laughs on national television.

Aww yes, good ol' state of Georgia.

Gotta love this state.
Ah ... so you think the "corporate media" and "elites of Atlanta" control what the local news industry puts on the air and prints in the paper?! Gotcha!

If that was the case, do you think the SNOW JAM 2014 debacle would have been front-page news and the lead story on every newscast in every city in the nation?!

PS -- I've got some really nice beachfront property in Buckhead to sell if you're interested!

Old 03-04-2014, 09:43 PM

37,904 posts, read 42,114,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
Does it really matter?
No, but I'm just curious. I remember when I first moved to Georgia, they had a rally in downtown Ellijay, protesting the growing presence of Hispanic immigrants. I was wondering if it were along the same lines, or whether it has something to do with the state's approval of the new SCV plates or what.

Old 03-04-2014, 10:07 PM

106 posts, read 156,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta_BD View Post
The funny thing is that the best thing that they could do in some place like Chicago is get permission to put flyers in bags in the burbs. If they tried to rally in downtown at, some real ish would go down (which is why when they've tried to in the past, they had to back down from it). Klansmen and Confederate org about downtown Chicago without getting shot at or beat down, or some other serious opposition just wouldn't fly lol.

They know where they can get away with that and where they can't.

BTW let's not act like this was something that everybody knew about that happened on a populated block in the middle of a busy day for hours. This happened early in the morning unannounced on the weekend in the deserted gov section of downtown with heavy police and security. It was so lowkey that the news didnt even know about it. Any group can do the same thing anywhere if they plan it right like they did. I guarantee they would not have did this 5 blocks north at 5 points 6 hours later when people were awake. I guarantee they would not have done this anywhere in Atlanta unannounced without any security with them. Anybody can act bad when dozens of police are guarding them. Lets see how bad they are to go to Bankhead, West End, 5 points, Vine city, etc with no security unannounced during the busy part of the day. If they are so bad why didn't they go to Atlantic Stations 6 hours later to the Beer and BBQ festival? Why didn't they ride down Old National Hwy that night? Why didn't they walk past that Waffle House outside of Underground Atlanta that evening unannounced? The Bluff? Don't act like they just showed up with open arms because this is the south. Anybody can show up on an empty block unannounced early on the weekend with heavy security and act bad

I'm not so sure about what you said about Chicago. Hate crimes and rallys have been all over Illinois

Chicago: White Nationalist Hate Groups to Meet on January 31 to Recruit Members :: Responsible for Equality And Liberty (R.E.A.L.)

Chicago women attacked in apparent hate crime - Chicago Tribune.

Last edited by treesgreen; 03-04-2014 at 10:21 PM..

Old 03-04-2014, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treesgreen View Post
BTW let's not act like this was something that everybody knew about that happened on a populated block in the middle of a busy day for hours. This happened early in the morning unannounced on the weekend in the deserted gov section of downtown with heavy police and security. It was so lowkey that the news didnt even know about it. Any group can do the same thing anywhere if they plan it right like they did. I guarantee they would not have did this 5 blocks north at 5 points 6 hours later when people were awake. I guarantee they would not have done this anywhere in Atlanta unannounced without any security with them. Anybody can act bad when dozens of police are guarding them. Lets see how bad they are to go to Bankhead, West End, 5 points, Vine city, etc with no security unannounced during the busy part of the day. If they are so bad why didn't they go to Atlantic Stations 6 hours later to the Beer and BBQ festival? Why didn't they ride down Old National Hwy that night? Why didn't they walk past that Waffle House outside of Underground Atlanta that evening unannounced? Don't act like they just showed up with open arms because this is the south. Anybody can show up on an empty block unannounced early on the weekend with heavy security and act bad

I'm not so sure about what you said about Chicago. Hate crimes and rallys have been all over Illinois

Chicago: White Nationalist Hate Groups to Meet on January 31 to Recruit Members :: Responsible for Equality And Liberty (R.E.A.L.)

Because they are cowards and always have been, which is why they used to wear white hoods over their faces (until it was outlawed).

Old 03-04-2014, 10:30 PM

106 posts, read 156,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
Because they are cowards and always have been, which is why they used to wear white hoods over their faces (until it was outlawed).
I know that but people that don't live here are thinking that everyone knew about this happening prior. They dont know that this was not broadcasted and nobody knew about it except for the people that happened to be in that area that morning. Even the news didnt know because they would have shown up.They are thinking how could this happen in Atlanta? They dont know it happened early in the morning on the weekend in an empty section of the city with lots of police for a few short mins. They were making it seem like they were walking for miles in the city with open arms.

BTW I'm not bumping up this thread anymore

Old 03-04-2014, 11:40 PM

3,421 posts, read 5,232,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treesgreen View Post
BTW let's not act like this was something that everybody knew about that happened on a populated block in the middle of a busy day for hours. This happened early in the morning unannounced on the weekend in the deserted gov section of downtown with heavy police and security. Any group can do the same thing anywhere if they plan it right like they did. I guarantee they would not have did this 5 blocks north at 5 points 6 hours later announced. I guarantee they would not have done this anywhere in Atlanta unannounced without any security with them. Anybody can act bad when dozens of police are guarding them. Lets see how bad they are to go to Bankhead, West End, 5 points, Vine city, etc with no security unannounced during the busy part of the day

The issue isn't whether or not hate groups exist or crimes take place in other parts of the country. We know it does.

A hate group meeting at a restaurant in a Chicago suburb is not the same as a hate group getting permission to hold a rally at the state capitol with capitol police and APD providing security to them, while telling young blacks who were recording it from the sidelines they had no right to be there and that they needed to leave the area or get arrested--on the heels of the state giving the option to put the confederate flag on license plates.

2014.03.01 KKK Rally at the Atlanta, GA State Capitol Building - YouTube

Old 03-05-2014, 01:19 AM

2,061 posts, read 3,745,176 times
Geez... These idiots are still at it? What an embarrassment to America, Humanity and Atlanta......
!!!Mature already!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta