Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 01:43 AM

2,862 posts, read 3,819,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by treesgreen View Post
BTW let's not act like this was something that everybody knew about that happened on a populated block in the middle of a busy day for hours. This happened early in the morning unannounced on the weekend in the deserted gov section of downtown with heavy police and security. It was so lowkey that the news didnt even know about it. Any group can do the same thing anywhere if they plan it right like they did. I guarantee they would not have did this 5 blocks north at 5 points 6 hours later when people were awake. I guarantee they would not have done this anywhere in Atlanta unannounced without any security with them. Anybody can act bad when dozens of police are guarding them. Lets see how bad they are to go to Bankhead, West End, 5 points, Vine city, etc with no security unannounced during the busy part of the day. If they are so bad why didn't they go to Atlantic Stations 6 hours later to the Beer and BBQ festival? Why didn't they ride down Old National Hwy that night? Why didn't they walk past that Waffle House outside of Underground Atlanta that evening unannounced? The Bluff? Don't act like they just showed up with open arms because this is the south. Anybody can show up on an empty block unannounced early on the weekend with heavy security and act bad

I'm not so sure about what you said about Chicago. Hate crimes and rallys have been all over Illinois

Chicago: White Nationalist Hate Groups to Meet on January 31 to Recruit Members :: Responsible for Equality And Liberty (R.E.A.L.)

Chicago women attacked in apparent hate crime - Chicago Tribune.

Because that would have been the a** kicking of the year
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2014, 01:49 AM

2,862 posts, read 3,819,152 times
Quote:
I know that but people that don't live here are thinking that everyone knew about this happening prior. They dont know that this was not broadcasted and nobody knew about it except for the people that happened to be in that area that morning. Even the news didnt know because they would have shown up.They are thinking how could this happen in Atlanta? They dont know it happened early in the morning on the weekend in an empty section of the city with lots of police for a few short mins. They were making it seem like they were walking for miles in the city with open arms.

BTW I'm not bumping up this thread anymore
Well, I'm not sure how many people who don't live here actually know about it. I didn't until seeing this thread but admittedly I've been a little out of the loop for the past few days pretending we have Mardi Gras in Atlanta. Anyway, you can be sure I won't be mentioning it to anyone.

Old 03-05-2014, 02:35 AM

155 posts, read 206,646 times
Cool I know right!!..lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykomonkee View Post
Geez... These idiots are still at it? What an embarrassment to America, Humanity and Atlanta......
!!!Mature already!!!
LOL..I'm not going to let them influence me on moving to Atlanta nor let them boil my blood to the point I submit to violence..Next time they do a rally I'm going to ride my car by their rally with my biracial siblings and wave my hands at them and scream wassup sheets!?!?..LOL. Actually they probably would be even madder if I had a Caucasian woman in my car..mmmmm

Old 03-05-2014, 05:22 AM

3,573 posts, read 5,307,141 times
Dude, you eat this establishment media stuff up.

It's no surprise at this difficulty of understanding the basic concept that our media on many occassions picks and chooses which events to swarm around like a locust infestation...and which events to avoid covering like the bubonic plague.

Atlanta media has always been at the forefront of protecting the image of our city and state as being a progressive place to to do business. And that's even with some of the local political leadership constantly and inexplicably coming up with ways to run our fair city and state into the ground.

Our media covered Tea party rallies in which barely 5 to 10 people showed up. And a bunch of old geezers rallying at that. The rightwing went crazy at some allegation that 2 black panther guys were at some polling station somewheres.

And yet nothing on the KKK rally? Not even a 1 paragraph statement buried on page 6 of the metro section near the obits?

Yeah..okay. Whatever, dude.

I'll tell you what:

I will take you up on that Buckhead beachfront property offer sir...if you are willing to take the Eiffel tower off my hands, big guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
Ah ... so you think the "corporate media" and "elites of Atlanta" control what the local news industry puts on the air and prints in the paper?! Gotcha!

If that was the case, do you think the SNOW JAM 2014 debacle would have been front-page news and the lead story on every newscast in every city in the nation?!

PS -- I've got some really nice beachfront property in Buckhead to sell if you're interested!

Last edited by AcidSnake; 03-05-2014 at 05:45 AM..

Old 03-05-2014, 09:40 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,814,566 times
Quote:
BTW let's not act like this was something that everybody knew about that happened on a populated block in the middle of a busy day for hours. This happened early in the morning unannounced on the weekend in the deserted gov section of downtown with heavy police and security. It was so lowkey that the news didnt even know about it. Any group can do the same thing anywhere if they plan it right like they did. I guarantee they would not have did this 5 blocks north at 5 points 6 hours later when people were awake. I guarantee they would not have done this anywhere in Atlanta unannounced without any security with them. Anybody can act bad when dozens of police are guarding them. Lets see how bad they are to go to Bankhead, West End, 5 points, Vine city, etc with no security unannounced during the busy part of the day. If they are so bad why didn't they go to Atlantic Stations 6 hours later to the Beer and BBQ festival? Why didn't they ride down Old National Hwy that night? Why didn't they walk past that Waffle House outside of Underground Atlanta that evening unannounced? The Bluff? Don't act like they just showed up with open arms because this is the south. Anybody can show up on an empty block unannounced early on the weekend with heavy security and act bad

I'm not so sure about what you said about Chicago. Hate crimes and rallys have been all over Illinois

Chicago: White Nationalist Hate Groups to Meet on January 31 to Recruit Members :: Responsible for Equality And Liberty (R.E.A.L.)

Chicago women attacked in apparent hate crime - Chicago Tribune.

The point is that they are cowards as they do not advertise their so-called "rallies."

In 2005 in Toledo where I am from, a hate group had a march and a riot ensued lol. My mom got a kick out of watching the helicopters and pandemonium from a few blocks away. I think because she lives in a neighborhood called "The Polish Village" that they thought they would be welcome. Evidently the group was asked to come by a resident to protest too many black people now living in that part of town. My mom said both white and black kicked their a$$. That neighborhood is about 30% black.

Regardless of the neighborhoods you posted above and in respect to their black population, I don't think the residents of Midtown, if they knew would have stood by and watched a klan rally parade through their neighborhood or over in East Atlanta or any other neighborhood here that is not poor or black. People don't get "into" hate anymore like they used to, no matter the demographics economically or racially. No one wants to be associated with a racist hate group if they aren't racist haters themselves.

I also think the best thing to do is to ignore them, but if they make themselves known, they know what will be coming to them, which is why this rally was held so early and no formal announcement was made. It would have been a riot down at the capital of they had advertised this.

Old 03-05-2014, 12:08 PM

8,485 posts, read 14,987,215 times
Quote:
I know that but people that don't live here are thinking that everyone knew about this happening prior. They dont know that this was not broadcasted and nobody knew about it except for the people that happened to be in that area that morning. Even the news didnt know because they would have shown up.They are thinking how could this happen in Atlanta? They dont know it happened early in the morning on the weekend in an empty section of the city with lots of police for a few short mins. They were making it seem like they were walking for miles in the city with open arms.

BTW I'm not bumping up this thread anymore
Exactly. There were only like a dozen of them too. Not even worth wasting time over (more than normal).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta_BD View Post
The issue isn't whether or not hate groups exist or crimes take place in other parts of the country. We know it does.

A hate group meeting at a restaurant in a Chicago suburb is not the same as a hate group getting permission to hold a rally at the state capitol with capitol police and APD providing security to them, while telling young blacks who were recording it from the sidelines they had no right to be there and that they needed to leave the area or get arrested--on the heels of the state giving the option to put the confederate flag on license plates.
]
As much as I hate the Klan too (and had I been in the area that day, I wouldn't feel so peaceful), I assume you have heard of the First Amendment, right? In order to ensure everyone's freedom these losers get to have the right to yell what they think from anywhere they want, unfortunately.

Old 03-05-2014, 12:14 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,520,508 times
Yoo dudes in my office was just telling me about this on lunch break...so this really happened??? HA HA HA HA WOW!! and here I was thinking Atlanta was a black city, ran and owned by us black people. I guess not.....Clan Rally in downtown Atlanta GA in 2014, I would have bet the farm and lost everything lol.

Old 03-05-2014, 12:19 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,520,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta_BD View Post
Did anyone get to see the KKK rally that was held at the state capitol on Saturday? I just missed it lol! One young black man who was filming it was told by police that he had to move or get arrested. HUH?!

I remember when I worked for the State of Georgia, the Sons of Confederate Veterans marched on the capitol to protest the changing of the state flag from the stars and bars but I never got to witness a KKK rally when I worked for the state or lived in Atlanta.

I'm still fascinated that this goes on in 2014, but hey, folks do have a right to peaceful assembly under the U.S. Constitution.
Ive seen many youtube videos on KKK rallys, but they be it small town and country spots mainly in Kentucky or Arkansas or Mississippi type of states. I am sure they are in GA no doubt but in Atlanta, in the city proper?? ha ha ha wow man.

Old 03-05-2014, 12:40 PM

858 posts, read 1,384,895 times
Why is anyone surprised by this? Were you seriously not aware that there are racists in Atlanta?

Old 03-05-2014, 01:04 PM

106 posts, read 155,615 times
[QUOTwere nick295;33751437]Why is anyone surprised by this? Were you seriously not aware that thsecuritye racistBarney sly nta?[/quote]

Those guys were not born and raised in Atlanta. I guarentee that none of them were born at Grady.They came here under heavy security and left. As far as racists people most blacks would rather be black living in Atlanta than black living in Ft. Hood, Chicago, Miami, LA, etc.

Atlanta is the city to busy to hate and this still stands true today. People can fly down here for hate speeches all they want to but Atlanta will still have the most educated black population in the country, the best living conditions for blacks in the country, the largest middle class neighborhoods in the country, etc.

Imo Atlanta has the least racist amount of people compared to other cities. Try being black while shopping at Barneys in NYC. Try being black and walk on the northside of Chicago at night. Try being black and walking around IE in LA at night

BTW they are cowards. If I was a racist I would not talk sh__ to the people i hate under heavy security early in the morning. If they were real racists they would have showed up unannounced that night to the Velvet Room. P Diddy and Rick Ross had a party there this past Sunday. If they got something to say why not show up unannounced to the Velvet Room where thousands of blacks were.

Last edited by treesgreen; 03-05-2014 at 01:16 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta