Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 03:09 PM

4,574 posts, read 7,503,609 times

Advertisements

Simon Property Group plans to commence work on January 1, in what is apart of an extensive billion dollar renovation on the company's properties. According to a press release from Simon, interior renovations will include enhancements on existing amenities, as well as a revamped "Dining Pavilion" that will increase the number of restaurants in the food court. The Atrium Court will also receive extensive renovations. In addition to the main Peachtree entrance renovation (which will featured a two-story glass storefront), exterior updates includes an enhancement of the entrance to the Neiman Marcus wing, new landscaping, windowing, and new lighting, among others. New tenants will be announced by the end of the year, and renovations are slated to be completed by the fall of 2013.

Buckhead: Lenox Square slated for renovations in 2013 | Reporter Newspapers
Lenox Square Manager: 'It's Time for a Facelift' - Buckhead, GA Patch

Last edited by nature's message; 10-04-2012 at 03:55 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2012, 03:43 PM

4,586 posts, read 7,713,506 times
I believe, it is $1 Billion being spent on renovations for all of their properties not just Lenox Square.

Old 10-04-2012, 05:53 PM

5,242 posts, read 6,241,774 times
I hope they devote a large portion of that to cutting edge douchebag mitigation technology.

Old 10-04-2012, 05:54 PM

4,790 posts, read 6,878,856 times
after they removed the only interesting characteristics the round section had surrounding the food court, by removing all the mirrors, curved walls, plants, fountains, tiles, etc., they left it as a bare shell of its former glory. those "renovations" must have cost them a significant amount of money, and did a detriment to the mall itself. also changed was the interesting pattern that the stores on the second and third floor had, with the stores jutting out into the mall. now, the stores are on a flat plane against the wall. hopefully the new renovations will be a bit more characteristic of the original design, which actually won a national award in 1980.

for the original look of the food court area, here's a couple of pictures from the 1980s:

so, please. more greenery. more fountains.

Old 10-04-2012, 07:12 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,935,779 times
Yes, the thread title is more than a little misleading. You could level the whole place and rebuild it from the ground up and it wouldn't cost $1 billion. Puh-lease.

Old 10-04-2012, 09:47 PM

7,112 posts, read 10,137,275 times
I'm surprised about the food court expansion because about half of the food court shops at Lenox fail. Some spots in the court never seem to make it as restaurant after restaurant opens and soon closes at that spot, while others have been there for as long as I can remember. Despite closing on Sundays, Chick-fil-A is there. There used to be an Arby's and one of my favorites was near it. I don't remember its name but it sold different kinds of chicken breast dinners with a choice of sides. Good stuff, good value, and it lasted a long time, then sadly closed.

But I just don't understand why Hovan Mediterranean Gourmet lasts and lasts. They do very little business and yet it keeps going. That place scares me...just say'in.

Old 10-05-2012, 12:22 AM

749 posts, read 887,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikigod311 View Post
I hope they devote a large portion of that to cutting edge douchebag mitigation technology.
That and hiring a staff to walk around pulling up people's pants. Sorry I dont want to see the outline of your butt cheeks while shopping or having a bight to eat...or just ever

Old 10-05-2012, 06:28 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,879,410 times
As the signature mall of Atlanta and maybe the Southeast its time for Lenox to get upgrades. Even though all of you listed the negatives, the mall is still packed and the stores are still making money. I wish they could make a better entrance from the Lenox Station to the mall.

Old 10-05-2012, 07:36 AM

4,790 posts, read 6,878,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
As the signature mall of Atlanta and maybe the Southeast its time for Lenox to get upgrades. Even though all of you listed the negatives, the mall is still packed and the stores are still making money. I wish they could make a better entrance from the Lenox Station to the mall.
oh my goodness, that would be *so* cool. imagine down at the food court level, you know the hallway that goes back to the bathrooms? imagine if they built a tunnel that went from the station into the mall and came out there. that would be awesome.

Old 10-05-2012, 07:54 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,302,470 times
Hopefully they'll spend some of that money on Northlake. Simon has done a horrible job with that mall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta