Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 03:07 AM

325 posts, read 979,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrgpill View Post
Also, the immigrant worker who serves your meal at a local fast food chain can be a millionaire multi-franchisee owner. I have met several.

Excellent point. I know millionares with one bedroom condos downtown...the point is it's just a condo and not anything lavish...lol...like another post said...you drive by the mansions but they are all for sale...WHAT IS up with that?!?!?! Not really millionares I guess
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2009, 06:49 AM

2,685 posts, read 6,045,444 times
I would bet most millionaires have very average houses, that is why they are millionaires. Most studies show this to be true, that they live in average neighborhoods and drive used cars. And many times in not the white collar types. Many are blue collar hard working who go into business themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreda30238 View Post
Excellent point. I know millionares with one bedroom condos downtown...the point is it's just a condo and not anything lavish...lol...like another post said...you drive by the mansions but they are all for sale...WHAT IS up with that?!?!?! Not really millionares I guess

Old 04-10-2011, 12:57 PM

1 posts, read 3,779 times
Henry county Georgia have a lot of wealthy people. They have airplane communities and a lot of gated communities and verry big nice homes threw out the county. And a verry good school district!!! And this county is full of millionares and wealthy people!!!

Old 04-10-2011, 02:11 PM

32,019 posts, read 36,767,663 times
If you click through any of the city's high end neighborhoods -- Ansley, Brookhaven, Buckhead, Druid Hills, Sandy Springs, and in the newer developments in North Fulton such as CCOS -- you will find many, many people with a net worth in the multiple millions. A lot in the hundreds of millions, and even more billionaires than you might suspect. And of course you'll find others scattered about in estates all over the metro area.

Old 04-10-2011, 07:46 PM

439 posts, read 852,468 times
I do not know why this thread started, but Atlanta or even Ga is hardly a cesspool of millionaires. Ga is not even on the top 10 states in the U.S. with the most concentration of millionaires residing there. Much less billionaires. There are lots of displays of wealth and people who owe the bank TONS of money. Do not let the Mansions with the overpriced tags impress you. Most of those folks do not own what they display.

Old 04-10-2011, 10:01 PM

3,128 posts, read 6,531,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alinka72 View Post
I do not know why this thread started, but Atlanta or even Ga is hardly a cesspool of millionaires. Ga is not even on the top 10 states in the U.S. with the most concentration of millionaires residing there. Much less billionaires. There are lots of displays of wealth and people who owe the bank TONS of money. Do not let the Mansions with the overpriced tags impress you. Most of those folks do not own what they display.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/atlan...ving-down.html

Old 04-10-2011, 10:19 PM

2,590 posts, read 4,530,034 times
Quote:
Cesspool of millionaires?

Interesting word choice...

Georgia has a lot of millionaires. Florida isn't on the top 10 list. New York is not on the top ten list either. That doesn't mean there's not a crapload of millionaires living in NYC or in West Palm Beach. Yeah, there are a lot of fake rich people driving cars they can't afford but there are also plenty of folks driving Hondas with ridiculous amounts of money in the bank. Not only are there the old lawyers and blue-hair widows in Buckhead, there are wealthy folks spread throughout the state. Places like Lake Oconee, Sea Island, and lots of huge plantations are home to some folks with ridiculous amounts of money. Most of these people aren't the Louis Vuiton, Gucci wearing, Bentley driving bunch. They are usually a little more low key.

Besides, using percentage instead of raw numbers is idiotic. Do you actually think New Hampshire has MORE millionaires than the state of Georgia?

Old 04-11-2011, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTL3000 View Post
Yeah, there are a lot of fake rich people driving cars they can't afford but there are also plenty of folks driving Hondas with ridiculous amounts of money in the bank. Not only are there the old lawyers and blue-hair widows in Buckhead, there are wealthy folks spread throughout the state. Places like Lake Oconee, Sea Island, and lots of huge plantations are home to some folks with ridiculous amounts of money. Most of these people aren't the Louis Vuiton, Gucci wearing, Bentley driving bunch. They are usually a little more low key.

Well said. And trust me, we're not talking about people who are into conspicuous consumption. Cruise around any of the areas we've mentioned and you'll find lots and lots of people with many millions of dollars.

Old 04-12-2011, 12:00 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,800,248 times
Quote:
There are 157,000 millionaires in Georgia, or 4.3% of the population. (http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/stories/2010/09/27/daily42.html). No, it's not in the top 10, but I guess we can't be top 10 in everything huh? There are around 65,000 millionaires in Atlanta, enough to rank the city in the top 10 for the U.S. Atlanta millionaires live all over the city and range from Creflo Dollar to Bernie Marcus to T.I. to Truett Cathy...and thousands of others that no one would recognize.

As far as billionaires...there are only around 400 in the U.S., and 5 of them reside in Georgia. More than half of American billionaires live in CA/NY/TX/FL combined.

Last edited by DeaconJ; 04-12-2011 at 12:36 PM..

Old 04-12-2011, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
As far as billionaires...there are only around 400 in the U.S., and 5 of them reside in Georgia. More than half of American billionaires live in CA/NY/TX/FL combined.
I'm aware of the published lists but I'm pretty sure there are more than 5 billionaires in Georgia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta