Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 10:04 PM

94 posts, read 115,087 times

Advertisements

Lol - I have a degree from Tech. I won a prestigious international award for my research that I didn't even apply for. Everyone in my classes were notables in their field and had previous accolades of their own. My program is extremely selective and world-renown. I could really care less if one person trolling the threads are too inept to perform a Google search and read words on a web page. I do not feel the need to silver spoon anyone who requests information when simple internet search methods should be the default approach to finding relevant information rather than sounding like a moron and asking people to substantiate laziness with answers.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2014, 10:19 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,919,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathmanMathman View Post
I think you mean ACT? Georgia hasn't been to hot about the ACT, just the SAT.
You are officially a Troll

Have you ever met an internet troll?.look No further ^^^^^^^ A troll is a special class of sociopath. They will get on your nerves

Old 10-28-2014, 10:25 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,919,250 times
There are plenty ways to get rid of trolls
Remember that the only purpose of a troll is to antagonize and cause trouble. There is no point in trying to reason with a troll. Generally, they are not educated in debate or rhetorical skills. All they want to do is hurl slurs and incriminations. They want to make you angry, upset, confused, and exasperated. They want to take over the conversation and reframe it as an analysis of how bad or stupid you supposedly are.

Old 10-28-2014, 10:37 PM

7,112 posts, read 10,148,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaPlanner View Post
Lol - I have a degree from Tech. I won a prestigious international award for my research that I didn't even apply for. Everyone in my classes were notables in their field and had previous accolades of their own. My program is extremely selective and world-renown. I could really care less if one person trolling the threads are too inept to perform a Google search and read words on a web page. I do not feel the need to silver spoon anyone who requests information when simple internet search methods should be the default approach to finding relevant information rather than sounding like a moron and asking people to substantiate laziness with answers.
The expression is "I really couldn't care less".

I suppose that this all just means you don't know either. Couldn't you just mention what the particular nanotechnology application is called? I had my doubts that nanotechnology will yield anything all that useful and I guess I'm right. Naming Polio vaccine or fractal antennas was easy enough, but now I have to plow through material in the hopes of finding some really useful Tech innovation? I'm assuming that it's not there, especially when a poster gets lazy and has to resort to ad hominem attacks.

Old 10-28-2014, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
There are plenty ways to get rid of trolls
Remember that the only purpose of a troll is to antagonize and cause trouble. There is no point in trying to reason with a troll. Generally, they are not educated in debate or rhetorical skills. All they want to do is hurl slurs and incriminations. They want to make you angry, upset, confused, and exasperated. They want to take over the conversation and reframe it as an analysis of how bad or stupid you supposedly are.
Um...right...great analysis.

Old 10-28-2014, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
You are officially a Troll

Have you ever met an internet troll?.look No further ^^^^^^^ A troll is a special class of sociopath. They will get on your nerves
You have a pretty low threshold if you think that constitutes trolling. LOL

Old 10-28-2014, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarzanman View Post
Why don't you read for yourself? Seriously. You asked a question and you've been given an answer and more than enough resources to dig for more information. I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt, but its pretty clear that you're using laziness as a convenient excuse to not concede a point in the face of some pretty overwhelming evidence.

Rankings, SAT scores, average salaries of graduates, Nobel laureates, research dollars, reputation of the school, and the reputation of its graduates (seriously, go ask a hiring manager what they think of Tech grads).

If all of these accolades and accreditation were easy to achieve (or at least fake) then the Univ. of Phoenix would have done it long ago. I don't get your attitude... are you sour on GaTech for some reason? Where did you go to school? Southern Poly?
Tech actually, so I know you guys all too well. Nobel Laureates? Mullis only did his undergrad at Tech, not the work for which he was awarded a Nobel.

I've been very unimpressed so far with Tech's skills in rhetoric. Tech people are more ego than substance.

Old 10-28-2014, 10:52 PM

1,057 posts, read 1,133,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathmanMathman View Post
Tech actually, so I know you guys all too well. Nobel Laureates? Mullis only did his undergrad at Tech, not the work for which he was awarded a Nobel.

I've been very unimpressed so far with Tech's skills in rhetoric. Tech people are more ego than substance.
I go to Tech, and I don't think I have much of an ego. I doubt most of the students here do.

- skbl17

Old 10-28-2014, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skbl17 View Post
I go to Tech, and I don't think I have much of an ego. I doubt most of the students here do.

- skbl17
I've met people there with HUGE egos, if not for themselves, for Tech. I think that's the primary reason Tech profs can be so antagonistic towards undergrads. Tech profs take a certain pride if students rate them poorly.

Old 10-29-2014, 06:12 AM

6,503 posts, read 6,135,536 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta