Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2014, 01:55 PM

847 posts, read 1,462,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by glovenyc View Post
I'm curious? Why would they want the office buildings to relocate?
The team probably doesn't care one way or another. However, I would hate to be stuck in game traffic several nights a week during baseball season. That's why I think some companies may choose to lease elsewhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2014, 02:34 PM

559 posts, read 834,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travbo View Post
Here are some additional reasons the Braves management in my mind are complete morons.

Yesterday they decided to trade Jason Heyward which basically means they are conceding that the next 2 years in Turner Field will be "rebuilding years" and that they are okay with declining ticket sales.

So, the Braves move a career .262 hitter w/ a whopping 11 HR last year in a power-hitting position (RF) . . . and you think that's going to cause 2 years of "rebuilding"???

That's even more clueless than the Braves transportation plans, which I admit are awful.

I like the kid and thought he could be the next David Justice, but he strikes out in 22% of at-bats, has the power numbers of a 2nd baseman, and has not progressed since his rookie season.

Old 11-18-2014, 02:41 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,060,783 times
And most importantly was going to be a free agent after this upcoming season and when they talked a year ago they were so far apart nothing was going to get done. Plus getting a much neeed #2 or #3 starter in return is not rebuilding

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawgPark View Post
So, the Braves move a career .262 hitter w/ a whopping 11 HR last year in a power-hitting position (RF) . . . and you think that's going to cause 2 years of "rebuilding"???

That's even more clueless than the Braves transportation plans, which I admit are awful.

I like the kid and thought he could be the next David Justice, but he strikes out in 22% of at-bats, has the power numbers of a 2nd baseman, and has not progressed since his rookie season.

Old 11-18-2014, 02:53 PM

222 posts, read 243,776 times
Quote:
Jason Heyward isn't the only move they have made and won't be. I'm saying that his trade is just the beginning and it is becoming clear that the Braves do plan on rebuilding prior to the move to Cobb.

Old 11-18-2014, 03:42 PM

5,845 posts, read 6,178,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J2201987 View Post
Yes, we did. Because we here in Fort Cobb NEED to spend almost half a billion dollars in taxes on a gaudy play pen for a bunch of whiny, overpaid athletes.

#NailedIt
Fort Cobb. Oh, I am so stealing that.

Old 11-18-2014, 03:57 PM

989 posts, read 1,746,180 times
Quote:
Jason Heyward isn't the only move they have made and won't be. I'm saying that his trade is just the beginning and it is becoming clear that the Braves do plan on rebuilding prior to the move to Cobb.
Yeah BJ is up next, he will be traded as well. They will tank the next two seasons away.

Old 11-18-2014, 06:58 PM

32,038 posts, read 36,928,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawgPark View Post
I don't like to get down on a man for swinging the bat but you have got to make contact.

Old 11-19-2014, 07:07 AM

42 posts, read 113,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onemanarmy View Post
Yeah BJ is up next, he will be traded as well. They will tank the next two seasons away.
No team is going to take BJ and his contract. Justin will likely be next.

Old 11-19-2014, 07:30 AM

989 posts, read 1,746,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepsinsc View Post
No team is going to take BJ and his contract. Justin will likely be next.
Correct, I meant Upton. He is a free agent and Atlanta won't resign him. BJ will probably get the Uggla treatment, but atleast he can still field the ball.

Old 11-19-2014, 08:09 AM

559 posts, read 834,993 times
Quote:
True, but I don't think there is a grand conspiracy to tank the last 2 seasons at the Ted. That's crazy talk and makes ZERO financial sense for the Braves.

The reality is that Wren created a disaster w/ the BJ and Uggla free agent signings. Even one of those 2 deals would set back any team w/ less than $100 mil in payroll. But, to have 2 at the same time just killed the 15 year momentum the Braves had built up from 1991. Then, Heyward doesn't produce as expected and we have many injuries to crucial arms we were counting on for big innings.

Wren is gone now and Hart will try to rebuild, but it won't be easy. At $94 mil payroll, he doesn't have even half of what the Dodgers, Yankees, etc spend on talent. And we could debate all day as to the effect of losing Bobby Cox to what Freddy is doing now.

Bottom line - both the Braves and Falcons have major roster/coaching challenges right now and the offseasons will not likely be pleasant for either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta