Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2015, 08:22 PM

4,768 posts, read 5,462,500 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
You should look in the Southwest Metro:

1. Fayette County
2. Coweta County

Also look into the Southeast Metro:
1. Southern and Eastern Henry County (in the Union Grove High, the Ola High, and the Locust Grove High districts)

Good Luck.
I think the Eagles Landing area would be perfect for your family also. It's a hidden gem, very well thought out planned community in South Atlanta. A lot of gated communities.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2015, 08:51 PM

16,731 posts, read 29,618,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlwarrior View Post
I think the Eagles Landing area would be perfect for your family also. It's a hidden gem, very well thought out planned community in South Atlanta. A lot of gated communities.

But Eagle's Landing is in the Eagle's Landing High district...not Union Grove, Ola, or Locust Grove.

Old 06-15-2015, 09:00 PM

1,990 posts, read 2,371,112 times
Who would allow their children to go to Locust Grove that had other options? I think that Eagles Landing is better rated, especially in their AP programs.

Old 06-15-2015, 10:42 PM

16,731 posts, read 29,618,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton white guy View Post
Who would allow their children to go to Locust Grove that had other options? I think that Eagles Landing is better rated, especially in their AP programs.
Rankings, schmankings...but if you're gonna go there:

Henry County School District High schools - McDonough, Georgia - SchoolDigger.com

Old 07-04-2015, 11:26 PM

1 posts, read 1,270 times
Good areas you mention for conservative views, but GA is starting to turn blue so to want an area to stay the way you move into it is out of everyone's control. Wish you luck.

Old 07-06-2015, 02:34 PM

1,173 posts, read 2,268,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
Curious? Hardly.

Did you see the part where the OP doesn't want to live in a racial enclave but rather amongst people who share her values? Those values are informed by conservatism.

It is perfectly natural to seek a new home amongst like-minded people, especially coming from a place like New York where the governor has bluntly stated that if you don't think like him, you are not welcome in "his" state. Moreover, the OP wishes to continue to be active in Republican politics.

We are looking to relocate out of California ourselves for many of the same reasons.
I agree with you. The "curious" comment seems off.

Not to go off topic, but where are you in CA?

Alley

Old 07-06-2015, 05:57 PM

4,757 posts, read 3,382,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
Curious? Hardly.

Did you see the part where the OP doesn't want to live in a racial enclave but rather amongst people who share her values? Those values are informed by conservatism.

It is perfectly natural to seek a new home amongst like-minded people, especially coming from a place like New York where the governor has bluntly stated that if you don't think like him, you are not welcome in "his" state. Moreover, the OP wishes to continue to be active in Republican politics.

We are looking to relocate out of California ourselves for many of the same reasons.
I think I can see why Tarzanman wrote that. The person who posted this thread already said that they don't want to live in Atlanta and want to live in the suburbs. The suburbs are far less liberal than the city obviously so it is not wise to search for a home in the suburbs based on politics as the areas they are interested in aren't known to be liberal anyway.

I don't understand your first sentence fluffythewondercat. You are responding to Tarzanman about politics and then you mention something about a racial enclave. You then add the OP would rather live amongst people who share her values...what does living in a racial enclave have anything to do with being around people who share her values?

Old 07-06-2015, 06:22 PM

4,757 posts, read 3,382,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longislander1982 View Post
Thanks for taking the time to read this!

We are a young family living in Baldwin, NY. I'm Black American and my husband is British of West Indian descent. Self employed with a relocateable business. We are looking to move from here in Long Island to Georgia for several reasons. It is incredibly over taxed here, especially for the amount of services rendered, in addition the state of NY is incredibly unfriendly to business, unsupportive of our Second Amendment rights and generally doesn't fit with our worldview. We have two daughters - one biologically ours and one adopted from China and we have received considerable hate and abuse from the black community here for this. Having visited Georgia many times for business, it seems like from a values perspective as well as a financial perspective it would be a more conducive setting to raising our family!

We come from a strong church background which guides our lives in every facet. Additionally we ascribe to conservative values, and our political world view is highly influenced by great minds like Dr. Ben Carson, Clarence Thomas, Thomas Sowell etc. We have been active members of the Nassau County Republican Party and would like to continue our political involvement.

We would like a community that values family, education, community cohesion, and is safe! We aren't concerned at all with demographics or being in a specific racial community. We see ourselves as Americans foremost before our skin tones and don't believe it is healthy to cluster in ethnic enclave communities and thus feel equally comfortable amongst all members of the human race provided we share similar values.. For reasons of personal preference we would like to be on the North Side of the Metro area, however it is important that there is good access to the parkway and to Hartsfield Airport, I fly out at least twice a month due to my business. I am in consulting and the majority of my work and clientele are in Europe and Israel.

We are looking to purchase a new(er) home. At least 5/3 and a 3 car garage with a budget of $900,000. Can you reccomend any communities? Additionally, can you recommend and large and family oriented church of either Baptist or non-Denominational character?

So far we have "East Cobb", Kennesaw, Alpharetta, Cumming and Dunwoody. These suburbs all get nice reviews online but I really don't know the ins and outs!

Thank you for your time and answer!
I feel it okay to comment on this because you decided to share your life story. I'm sorry you had that experience with your child who you and your husband adopted from China but I'm not sure I understand how you and many others think they can say 'the black community' as if all black people are the same. You and others may be able to speak about your interactions with black people around you but it's definitely not right to group all black people as one.

Kennesaw, Alpharetta, and Cumming aren't near to the airport. Perhaps the other cities you listed would be more ideal. I think from Dunwoody it would take you about 30 minutes without traffic.

Georgia on a whole is conservative and I am pretty sure you will fit in in the cities you listed but you should know that GA is turning blue. Based on politics, I want to say that Alpharetta and Cumming would be best for you...for the moment. Towards schools, I hear East Cobb is the best. However, East Cobb may not be conservative enough for you. Kennesaw I think is conservative but then again you have that university (has a huge presence in Kennesaw) where the young tend to be more liberal.

Old 07-06-2015, 06:42 PM

2,324 posts, read 2,913,164 times
I'd say Dunwoody. You can get to the Dunwoody MARTA and take train to airport.

Old 07-07-2015, 05:06 AM

550 posts, read 991,622 times
East Cobb will be more than enough conservative for the OP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta