Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2015, 12:19 AM

1,641 posts, read 2,757,079 times

Advertisements

Atlanta has gone far beyond, NYC, and any other East Coast cities in Media, Online, programming, and everything else.

TV is coming down here (and has been here) and most major PR and media relationship firms have established in Atlanta for that very reason.

And I have no idea why you think Chicago is anything anymore. Most of their major firms have moved down to Atlanta, and keep a very small company in Chicago. You should really look that up. Just because they have a company there, doesn't mean that's where the majority of their business comes from. Nobody wants to live in Chicago. All your chefs moved down to Atlanta, because it's too cold there. You might have that one guy who makes the deep dish pizza, but eventually it'll hit him and he'll open something in Atlanta, and eventually move down here.

If I was a Fortune 100 company owner, and I see that Atlanta is offering serious incentive on tax break (because we're not all crooks like Apple setting up blank companies in the foreign countries), then I'd employee most of the people from Atlanta where the labor and tax is cheap, and keep the offices in NYC, DC, Chicago, and Philly skinny. Why would I pay $120k for someone in NYC when I can find someone who's younger and more qualified in Atlanta to do the job at 80% of the rate, and still have the state tax incentive?

You tell me. That's the reason why Mercedes, Porche, Hyundai, Vegas, and Hollywood is moving to Atlanta.

Georgia is not a one trick pony, and if you think that way, I guess that's OK. You'll realize it when you see a story on CNN 3 years from now, and by then, it'll be too late.

The benefit here is that we have enough land to expand, unlike Chicago, or NYC, or any other smaller upper East coast cities. We'll have 6 lane highway soon on 75.

-----

ONE more thing. You know what makes a great pizza, besides the amazing craft? The basics. And the most basic you can get is the water.

NYC has the best pizza, because their water is amazingly delicious. Their water filtration system is amazing. I've tasted Chicago water, and it's not as sweet as NYC but I can still taste the chlorine. DMV water? They suck. And they're deemed dangerous, and toxic. That's why they don't have great pizza.

Georgia water? From the tab, it's delicious. Not as sweet as NYC, but it's clean tasting to the end.

What makes you think, besides your bias and some historically stereotype idea about Atlanta, that we won't be able to produce the best tasting pizza or any other food?

It's simple. It's Land, job, and food. We have plenty of land, tons of jobs, and food is getting better by the week.

Last edited by Plokivos; 08-16-2015 at 12:45 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta