Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2017, 10:27 AM

2,323 posts, read 1,563,160 times

Advertisements

Yo, I knew Matt was on a tear but I didn't realize it was on this level: Matt Ryan playing like 2007 version of Tom Brady

I've also read some stories pondering on how Ryan and the team will deal with pressure. Does anyone remember Matt Ryan in his rookie year making a similar throw that Aaron Rodgers made versus the Cowboys?

here
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2017, 10:50 AM

32,027 posts, read 36,808,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
Those folks in Boston are notoriously prideful and passionate about their sports teams. It's pretty amazing. I''m not surprised at all by a dismissive opinion piece coming from that crowd. From their perspective, their teams are always ordained to be champs.
This fellow seems to conveniently forget that the Red Sox had an 85 year dry spell after their 1918 Series win.

Old 01-24-2017, 11:51 AM

180 posts, read 159,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nyxStation View Post
Falcons not getting a lot of love here.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/pro-f...-patriots.html

Everyone seems to think the Falcons gonna get beaten badly.
"not getting love" is an understatement! Did people have such low confidence in Seattle before Super Bowl 48?

Old 01-24-2017, 11:59 AM

4,010 posts, read 3,755,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nyxStation View Post
Falcons not getting a lot of love here.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/pro-f...-patriots.html

Everyone seems to think the Falcons gonna get beaten badly.
Cant really blame them. The Patriots have been to the SB several times so people automatically think they will win. Most people who arent Falcons fans probably havent paid much attention to the Falcons this year. We will just have to keep proving them wrong again next week.

Old 01-24-2017, 12:17 PM

2,323 posts, read 1,563,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
This fellow seems to conveniently forget that the Red Sox had an 85 year dry spell after their 1918 Series win.
I was listening to the Sports Hub a little bit and Dan's mutant looking a$$ was basically trying to say that we have the worse fans. They just want storylines and ish. I wouldn't really sweat it, Bostonians being Bostonians...ATL sports fans don't interact with Boston sports fans much but y'all are about to get a dose of that New England snark and find out why they're so insufferable. They make New Yorkers and Philadelphians look tame in comparison.

Anyway, most callers in Boston feel that they got this in the bag but I feel ATL will pull this out because New England they have the Golden Boy and Albert Einstein coaching. They feel that if they take away Julio and the big play, lol. The Falcons are deadly when Julio has what looks like a sub-par game...they still put up points.

Old 01-24-2017, 12:47 PM

32,027 posts, read 36,808,281 times
I'm going to go ahead and call this one for the Falcons by 10. We've got the big mo going our way.

Old 01-24-2017, 12:47 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,529,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All_4_augusta View Post
"not getting love" is an understatement! Did people have such low confidence in Seattle before Super Bowl 48?
Forgive me lol I dont even remember who played in 48? was that Seattle v Denver? Is that the season Richard Sherman yelled at Erin Andrews?

Old 01-24-2017, 01:50 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,529,767 times
Dan Shaughnessy

Twitter @Dan_Shaughnessy

Email address dshaughnessy@globe.com

Cell Phone number617-929-2584

If yall really about that RiseUp life yall know what to do!

Old 01-24-2017, 07:28 PM

5,845 posts, read 6,161,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
A really dismissive article in the Boston Globe.
I love just about everything in Boston except for their sports fans. For example, the Boston Red Sox are not the only baseball team with a long and rich history. Hell, the Braves, as a franchise, are even older!

Old 01-24-2017, 09:35 PM

11 posts, read 12,698 times
Only way I see the Falcons losing this game is if Matt Ryan doesn't handle the Super Bowl pressure well. I firmly believe we are more talented than the Pats.

QB: Tossup. Brady is "better" and more experienced, but both are about equal this season
Running Backs: Advantage Falcons. Although don't sleep on Blount and Lewis
Wide Receivers: Advantage Falcons. Jones is better than Brown, but even if Belichick neutralizes Jones, Sanu and Gabriel can still make plays and better than the other Steelers WRs.
Tight End: Without Gronk, tossup.
Offensive Line: Advantage Falcons. Alex Mack has been huge.
Overall Defense: Obviously Patriots. But the Pats had an easy schedule and they get to play in the AFC East. The starting QBs they faced were jokes. Russell Wilson dominated them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta