Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2017, 09:14 PM

1,057 posts, read 867,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulch View Post
I'm Democrat as hell and I'm livid about her not paying her bills like everyone else.
Yea i don’t see why party affiliation has anything to do with it lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2017, 09:16 PM

111 posts, read 104,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BELMO45 View Post
I wouldn't even guess what will occur in the runoff. Given how far back Bottoms was just 10 days ago this could go either way. I'm guessing 60-70% of Woolard's vote goes to Norwood and almost all of Aman's as well. Fort and Mitchell probably have most of their vote go to Bottoms.
I voted for Woolard and hope she can pull it off as I have no idea who I will vote for in a runofff with the bottoms and Norwood. Just awful.

Old 11-07-2017, 09:18 PM

1,456 posts, read 1,320,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdbass View Post
I voted for Woolard but I will definitely be going for Bottoms. I don't want anybody even considered a little bit right wing as our Mayor.
Norwood isn't right wing, do your own research. Bottoms is corrupt.

Old 11-07-2017, 09:22 PM

6,503 posts, read 6,118,270 times
Quote:
I voted for Woolard but I will definitely be going for Bottoms. I don't want anybody even considered a little bit right wing as our Mayor. We need a more progressive mayor if we want to keep attracting big companies like Amazon and I prefer to get a way from racist views of anybody who doesn't dismiss Trump as anything more than a self absorbed idiot.
Having a progressive mayor doesn't mean squat if they're corrupt as hell and think they're above paying their bills.

Old 11-07-2017, 09:23 PM

10,974 posts, read 10,871,072 times
Sorry, this "corruption" line is BS. It is the same sort of strategy Trump used to get himself elected.

The Reed administration has been great for this city. I didn't vote for her this round but if it is Bottoms & Norwood in the run-off Bottoms will certainly have my vote.

Old 11-07-2017, 09:23 PM

1,057 posts, read 867,817 times
Quote:
I voted for Woolard but I will definitely be going for Bottoms. I don't want anybody even considered a little bit right wing as our Mayor. We need a more progressive mayor if we want to keep attracting big companies like Amazon and I prefer to get a way from racist views of anybody who doesn't dismiss Trump as anything more than a self absorbed idiot.
The whole trump business with her was so rediculous. It really should be a non factor, but I have a strong suspicion that it will be made an issue here during the next few weeks.

Old 11-07-2017, 09:29 PM

111 posts, read 104,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulch View Post
Having a progressive mayor doesn't mean squat if they're corrupt as hell and think they're above paying their bills.
I changed my mind after seeing her poor excuse for not paying her water bill. I probably won't vote but hopefully Woolard can get into the runoff.

Old 11-07-2017, 09:38 PM

5,845 posts, read 6,154,955 times
Interesting. If that map holds, then Woolard got the white liberal vote, Norwood got the white conservative vote, and Bottoms got the Black vote. But we'll see--at last check, less than 20% of precincts have reported. Yet another reason to get rid of these dumb electronic voting machines!

Old 11-07-2017, 09:39 PM

3,006 posts, read 2,628,273 times
Seriously, how are you not going to pay your water bill? Trust Bottoms with a major city budget? No way in hell.

I like Reed and agree that he's been pretty good for the city overall, but his endorsement means little. Maynard Jackson endorsed Bill Campbell, and look at how great that was. :/

Old 11-07-2017, 09:50 PM

4,010 posts, read 3,750,745 times
I have bills that I forget to pay and that doesn't make me a bad person. If they would make it easy to automatically take it out my account they wouldn't have to worry about it.The same people complaining about her bill have cheated on their taxes, had sex before marriage, curse, lust, smoke cigarettes or weed, drink alcohol, speed, etc but thats ok
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta