Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2018, 05:59 PM

37,875 posts, read 41,896,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltaag View Post
Atlanta getting a "wall" of buildings. Atlanta finally is making steps in feeling like a real city. Congrats!

1 parking lot down and many more to go!
Your trolling sucks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2018, 07:18 PM

126 posts, read 83,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Your trolling sucks.
Stop threatening me. Its against the rules here to do what you did and you know that. Don't do it again. Blocking you

Now back to the topic. Anyone who has ever traveled to a real walkable city like NYC, Chicago, DC, SF, etc knows a real city doesn't have as many big parking lots as we do. We been knocking them down but its still plenty of dead space around North Ave and around 3rd st. If all these parking lots get built up, plus all the parking lots north of 14th st, plus the area around the previous Pine St homeless shelter and all the parking lots in Downtown I think Atlanta will feel like maybe a DC one day. It will never feel like the top tier walkable cities but it will be a big improvement over our walkability 5+ years ago. In about 5 years once UA and CS is redevelopment with the 20+ other projects in the pipeline we will be there.

Old 12-11-2018, 08:40 PM

7,352 posts, read 6,521,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconographer View Post
Let me speak slowly and deliberately, then. Coming into one of the most densely developed neighborhoods of the city, where the need for alternative transportation modes has been emphasized repeatedly by most every party involved in its future, and proposing the addition of 2,000 more motor vehicles into the daily mix can hardly be construed as getting in lockstep with a major civic concern.
Let me speak equally slowly and deliberately, the reality is, most people are STILL going to drive, and NS knows that. Get MARTA out to I-285 on the Cobb vector, out to Stonecrest and Six Flags on I-20, get commuter rail in from the other suburbs, and THEN we can talk about limiting parking.

Old 12-11-2018, 09:04 PM

6,503 posts, read 6,116,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
Let me speak equally slowly and deliberately, the reality is, most people are STILL going to drive, and NS knows that. Get MARTA out to I-285 on the Cobb vector, out to Stonecrest and Six Flags on I-20, get commuter rail in from the other suburbs, and THEN we can talk about limiting parking.

Hope they like gridlock then.

Old 12-12-2018, 02:28 AM

10,392 posts, read 11,481,750 times
Default Norfolk Southern’s relocation to Atlanta to be made official Wednesday

Quote:
Gov. Nathan Deal and Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms are expected Wednesday to formally announce a completed deal to relocate the headquarters of railroad giant Norfolk Southern to Atlanta, two people with knowledge of the situation told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

Deal has called a 2 p.m. press conference at the State Capitol in what will mark the culmination of years of work to recruit the Fortune 500 railroad away from its home in Norfolk, Va.
"Norfolk Southern’s relocation to Atlanta to be made official Wednesday" (Atlanta Journal-Constitution)

Old 12-12-2018, 04:48 AM

37,875 posts, read 41,896,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltaag View Post
Stop threatening me. Its against the rules here to do what you did and you know that. Don't do it again. Blocking you.
Oh geesh, talk about snowflakish behavior. I never threatened you and most certainly did not violate the TOS. Get a grip and stop acting like somebody's guardian.

Old 12-12-2018, 05:27 AM

23,444 posts, read 44,050,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulch View Post
Hope they like gridlock then.
My understanding is as such: Cousins estimates 2,850 employees will inhabit the complex; with addition of daily visitors, the 2,000 spaces will be at near full occupancy in the course of a day. That, of course, in no way addresses the enormous Elephant In The Room that you just waved hello to. It would also seem to convey a complete disregard for the established goals of the Midtown Alliance.

https://www.midtownatl.com/about/pro...transportation

Old 12-12-2018, 05:34 AM

7,352 posts, read 6,521,770 times
Then maybe the Midtown Alliance should come down to reality and accept that until transit is a viable alternative for most people, cars are going to be the primary means of transportation.

Old 12-12-2018, 05:35 AM

1,782 posts, read 2,743,989 times
This mornings' Virginia Pilot (our local newspaper in Norfolk, VA) is reporting that it's a done deal. There's been much weeping and gnashing of teeth, over losing Norfolk & Southern.

Old 12-12-2018, 05:38 AM

23,444 posts, read 44,050,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
Then maybe the Midtown Alliance should come down to reality and accept that until transit is a viable alternative for most people, cars are going to be the primary means of transportation.
If you think Midtown Alliance's efforts are not based in reality, why don't you take it up with them?
I'd love to be a fly on the wall at that meeting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta