Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2018, 11:01 AM

6,558 posts, read 12,051,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
A one block park? BFD.
It's not the size of the park but the views of the Atlanta skyline from the top of the hill and the surrounding water features.

Although not in the park but I've always liked the view from Moreland Avenue of the Buckhead skyline with the reservoir in the foreground
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2018, 11:02 AM

1,582 posts, read 2,185,517 times
Quote:
A one block park? BFD.
If you live near that block it absolutely is a big deal.

Old 11-28-2018, 11:17 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,295,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
Yes, but the world has changed - for the worse.
Not in any ways that a fence is a solution for.

Old 11-28-2018, 01:26 PM

5,633 posts, read 5,359,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlHawks View Post
I'm honestly disappointed with it. I drive by it every few days and it kinda sucks. There is still graffiti on a wall there. Also, when is that Kroger going to break ground?
What Kroger? the one that was planned for the lot at 17th/Northside? Isn't that whole lot already built out with the new shopping center? I've only driven by, but not been there yet, so I'm not sure...

Quote:
Wait...we're supposed to believe a chain link fence is going to prevent terrorism? If someone wants to contaminate our water supply, they can easily work around a fence.

Take the fence down. It's not protecting anything.
Indeed. The fence is less than 60' from the large reservoirs, and less than 30' from the processing pools. Anyone with a decent arm could launch whatever they wanted into those. There's also one spot where the fence is literally 5' from an unsecured driveway. There is nothing stopping anyone with slight determination from contaminating those. Still don't think the fences will ever come down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
It's not the size of the park but the views of the Atlanta skyline from the top of the hill and the surrounding water features.

Although not in the park but I've always liked the view from Moreland Avenue of the Buckhead skyline with the reservoir in the foreground
Moreland Avenue near the westside reservoirs?

Old 11-28-2018, 04:21 PM

821 posts, read 726,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samiwas1 View Post
What Kroger? the one that was planned for the lot at 17th/Northside? Isn't that whole lot already built out with the new shopping center? I've only driven by, but not been there yet, so I'm not sure...
Yes, that one right across the street from this “park.” Everything but the Kroger is built.

Old 11-30-2018, 10:28 AM

396 posts, read 601,653 times
what would be awesome is if they could replace the ugly chain link with something nicer. maybe glass panels set further from the water? something that allows the beauty of the water to show (even if it is in concrete lined reservoirs) i'm sure it would cost a pretty penny, and would require some upkeep to continue to look nice...

Old 11-30-2018, 01:23 PM

821 posts, read 726,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabasse View Post
what would be awesome is if they could replace the ugly chain link with something nicer. maybe glass panels set further from the water? something that allows the beauty of the water to show (even if it is in concrete lined reservoirs) i'm sure it would cost a pretty penny, and would require some upkeep to continue to look nice...
They should do this for the Quarry Park if they plan to put a fence around it. Looks awesome.

Old 11-30-2018, 02:43 PM

234 posts, read 144,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlHawks View Post
They should do this for the Quarry Park if they plan to put a fence around it. Looks awesome.
Agreed. Cabasse, that’s a nice solution to an existing problem. Good recommendation!

Old 11-30-2018, 02:51 PM

9,829 posts, read 7,262,857 times
But the whole point of the tall, barbed wire fence is to keep people out. A 3 ft high railing seems almost pointless.

But yeah there definitely should be something they can do, that accomplishes a compromise of everything. Letting people walk around the water area, and see it and enjoy the views and make it all pretty as you can, while it also still being used as a waterworks facility, with the water off limits.

Old 11-30-2018, 04:05 PM

10,744 posts, read 13,386,955 times
Quote:
Not in any ways that a fence is a solution for.
In most folks' eyes, they would view a fence as better than nothing. I would guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta