Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2021, 07:07 AM

5,367 posts, read 5,163,044 times

Advertisements

Maybe the state can help pick up trash and do landscaping in downtown too? I walked through downtown (not midtown) earlier this week as I was down there for work and wanted to see it for the first time. I now understand why Buckhead wants to secede into it's own city, Atlanta, at least downtown around the capitol, just gave up on itself. Maybe it was always this bad but I doubt it.

The hundreds of homeless are not an easy problem to solve, but they could at least put a little effort into basic maintenance. If it's dead and dangerous, it'll be deserted real fast and then we're back to the flee the cities mantra of the 80s.

Old 03-26-2021, 07:41 AM

1,005 posts, read 732,655 times
These will probably be closed door studies at that. The state should also look at the increasing crime in the suburbs, if it plans on being efficient.

Old 03-26-2021, 08:05 AM

357 posts, read 330,799 times
The solution is pretty straightforward.

Perpetrators/prospective perpetrators should have no expectation that they won't be apprehended or prosecuted (the latter admittedly being outside the purview of a city, either Atlanta or a prospective Buckhead).

In Atlanta now they have that expectation. Despite what Keisha says in her talking points, criminals DO respect city limit signs.

The Peachtree drag racing doesn't start in Chamblee or Brookhaven.

When it happens on Roswell Road it doesn't occur north of Wieuca.

When you realize that the perps aren't local to any of the places this stuff is occurring, it's clear those aren't coincidences.

Old 03-26-2021, 08:12 AM

2,074 posts, read 1,358,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
What in the heck is the state of Georgia going to do if they take over the ATL? Post state troopers and the National Guard at all the nightclubs and malls?
Seemed to do a pretty good job of stopping all the looting, rioting, burning in the city last year around this time that KLB was unable to control. Regardless, as a city of Atlanta resident I would be against this. The most effective thing at fixing crime of all kinds in the city is to vote out KLB. Use the power of the ballot box to remove the problem.

Old 03-26-2021, 08:53 AM

1,176 posts, read 2,690,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronricks View Post
Seemed to do a pretty good job of stopping all the looting, rioting, burning in the city last year around this time that KLB was unable to control. Regardless, as a city of Atlanta resident I would be against this. The most effective thing at fixing crime of all kinds in the city is to vote out KLB. Use the power of the ballot box to remove the problem.
She is one of the WORST MAYORS OF A LARGE CITY in the COUNTRY!!!!

Old 03-26-2021, 08:57 AM

6,503 posts, read 6,134,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil P View Post
Maybe the state can help pick up trash and do landscaping in downtown too? I walked through downtown (not midtown) earlier this week as I was down there for work and wanted to see it for the first time. I now understand why Buckhead wants to secede into it's own city, Atlanta, at least downtown around the capitol, just gave up on itself. Maybe it was always this bad but I doubt it.

The hundreds of homeless are not an easy problem to solve, but they could at least put a little effort into basic maintenance. If it's dead and dangerous, it'll be deserted real fast and then we're back to the flee the cities mantra of the 80s.
I attended a wedding at the Shrine of the Immaculate Conception a few weeks back and that area has become completely disgusting to the point where it smells like an open sewer. There is zero excuse for the CoA not to clean it up.

Old 03-26-2021, 09:01 AM

1,176 posts, read 2,690,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulch View Post
I attended a wedding at the Shrine of the Immaculate Conception a few weeks back and that area has become completely disgusting to the point where it smells like an open sewer. There is zero excuse for the CoA not to clean it up.
KLB is too busy trying to get on CNN. As soon as thought that Slow Biden was going to choose her for VP or some type of position, her performance TANKED!!!! VOTE HER OUT!!!

Old 03-26-2021, 09:45 AM

1,397 posts, read 1,622,608 times
As a refugee from Capitol View/East Point area, I'm okay with it. Something drastic needs to be done at this point. Two of my old neighbors got their houses shot at (by mistaken address, we think) and they aren't gangbangers, they're normal people. My direct neighbor's windshield exploded 10 feet from my house because a bullet fell through it. And just last September, my Ring picked up a car shooting into the air driving right past our house at 2am. That's such a fun thing to see when you're out of state. I haven't even gone into all the break-ins. It's absolute madness in South Atlanta. We need to look towards NYC in the 80's and 90's, I don't care if this hurts feelings, people's physical safety is more important.

Old 03-26-2021, 09:46 AM

563 posts, read 343,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craziaskowboi View Post
Major U.S. cities are reaping what they've sown.

FBI statistics showed major jumps in crime in rural areas along with towns as well as in the major cities.

This is just political posturing with no real desire to understand the an issue that plagued the nation in the midst of a major pandemic. Instead of studying the issues for solutions and historical context, some will simply use it to demonize political opposition or 'others'.

Old 03-26-2021, 11:32 AM

357 posts, read 330,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil P View Post
Maybe it was always this bad but I doubt it.
Eh - it was always that bad (that particular area of downtown, right around the Capitol.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta