Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2021, 08:46 AM

2,074 posts, read 1,352,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeThomas View Post
I'll tell you how it compares. Take a seat and learn something. Ready?

The summer protests were not a violent attempt to overthrow a democratic election and the US Government.

Joe Biden on numerous occasions vocally condemned what you are talking about, Trump egged on the violent insurrection against the US, Fox News and other right wing media contributed as well by parroting the Big Lie.

Last but not least, notice how all the nationwide protests against Mango Mussolini stopped immediate the day after the American people headed out to to the polls in droves to throw Agolf Twitter out of office. Not one protests, demonstration or city burned since. Funny how throwing a tin pot dictator out office brings peace and quiet across the land, doncha think?

Not even close to remotely true. Portland and Seattle continued to have looting, burning, death and destruction up until a few weeks ago. So, its ok to burn, loot, kill, and destroy, etc. as long as it isn't to overthrow the government? Keep in mind if that was the agenda of what happened at the capital they did a very bad job of it compared to all the death and destruction we saw all last year by far left agitators that were absolutely egged on by far left politicians through twitter and other means. Billions of dollars in destruction was done but a few people knocking over podiums breaking a few windows and taking pictures sitting at Senators desks is somehow worse?

Old 03-30-2021, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
I would say the difference is that they weren't trying to capture and/or execute elected reps in order to overturn an election.

What is the death count for each? How many people were executed last year during riots by the far left compared to how many were executed in the insurrection? What is the dollar amount in destruction? Businesses lost? Buildings burned? Property looted and destroyed? Not one person at the capital even had a gun. How much gun violence led to death last year at all the riots and protests?

Old 03-30-2021, 08:55 AM

Quote:
But the MAGA thug insurrectionists did manage to kill a cop during the Capitol riot and seriously injure a half a dozen or so others. You know, through "backing the blue" and whatnot.

Brian Sicknick likely died of a stroke and was not assaulted with a fire extinguisher or any blunt force object as originally reported by the NYT. The NYT had to revise and retract their report of the incident. Now, the NYT is trying to blame "bear spray" for his death after falsely reporting he was physically assaulted.

Old 03-30-2021, 08:56 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,237,198 times
Quote:
Government takes care of red states paid for by blue states. 9 of the 10 most Federally government dependent states are red states, red states pay less in taxes than they receive back from the federal government, the opposite is true for blue states. In effect, red states are welfare states supported by high taxes in blue states.
https://www.businessinsider.com/red-...-queens-2011-8

No such thing as a "Democrat Party". You can always tell who's the member of the "Rethugliklan" Party when they say "Democrat Party". Any point they try to make after that is tainted in bias.

Taxes, housing and cost of living is higher in blue states but so are salaries, you could get paid twice as much in San Francisco and NYC for the doing the same job in the low tax, low cost of living states Arkansas, Kentucky, Alabama and Florida. You also have more safety nets in place in the northeast, loose your job in Florida and you'll be on the street with no home and no health care. Basic economics, you get what you pay for.

Republicans aren't "tax and spend", they're "tax cut and spend", guess what's going to drain the checkbook faster? But that's what Republicans intend to do, to bust the budget wide open, It's called "starve the beast".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starve_the_beast

Republican Party affiliation is shrinking moving toward Independent, Independents are moving towards the Democratic Party, so in affect, Republicans are moving towards the Democratic Party. https://news.gallup.com/poll/15370/p...filiation.aspx Who can blame them? The Republicans led a violent insurrection against America and democracy, their President told 30,000 documented lies in 4 years, is an all out crook, a traitor and effectively killed over 500,000 Americans. Any wonder the GOP is shrinking? It's why they have to cheat and pass laws like the on they just passed in Georgia to try and cling to power.
Well, excuse my typo. I seem to have struck a nerve. Democratic Party it is.

I hate to tell you this, but there is no “takes care of red states paid for by blue states”. How much money does a state actually send to the federal government?

Zero.

People, businesses and pass through revenue gets sent to the federal government. It just so happens that due to our progressive taxation system higher earners are generally in coastal states which are predominantly Democratic. Should this balance ever change then so will the balance between people paying in and the federal government providing to the states.

You’re not able to have a balanced argument so I’ll just move on and wish you a good day.

Old 03-30-2021, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Maybe I should have said widespread. 98% of what you are referring to came to a grinding halt after patriotic Americans stormed the polls to throw your fascist, insurrection inciting cult leader out of office. What do you hate American democracy so?

I was/am not a Trump voter or supporter. Fascism is what we saw all last summer with the riots, looting, death, and destruction.

Old 03-30-2021, 09:08 AM

Quote:
According to the FBI (I know you guys hate the FBI and American Intelligence and love the KGB) most domestic terrorists attacks and murders come from right wingers.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/24/u...st-groups.html
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/17/u...terrorism.html

You should own your side's thuggery, not run from it. Your side is America's #1 threat at home.

Can we also look at FBI crime statistics and see who is actually terrorizing who? So only the capital rioters were domestic terrorists not the people who rioted, looted, and burned all last summer? The mental gymnastics here is getting pretty hard to endure.

Old 03-30-2021, 09:16 AM

Quote:
And what brought that stroke on? A casual walk around he block? Do you also deny that their was a violent insurrection attempt to overthrow the US government by Trump supporters? Do you deny they were chanting "Kill Mike Pence"?

Insurrectionist MAGA terrorist thugs injured 140 Capitol police. Do you deny this?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...297_story.html
So much for "backing the blue"

Do you deny their was a far left fascist group of people who committed domestic terrorism all Summer long last year that included trying to burn down government buildings? Included trying to lock people in government buildings and set them on fire? Violent insurrections are a two way street. How many people did organizations like BLM kill last year? How many times did they chant "death to ________" how many buildings did they loot or burn? Can you see the issues here with your position on this?

Old 03-30-2021, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Whataboutism FAIL. Do better.

There is failure here for sure but it doesn't lie with whataboutism because I didn't use the word 'what' in that reply to you. The word incapable comes to mind when reading this so I will leave it at that.

Old 03-30-2021, 09:22 AM

4,790 posts, read 6,871,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronricks View Post
Wishing or thinking The Government (Democrats or Republicans) will take care of you and solve all your problems is planning to fail. Pretending a bunch greedy idiots who have never created anything and have been career government officials their whole lives know what is best for you and your money is setting yourself up for massive failure.
Okay, but why does the alternative have to be putting our lives in the hands of a bunch of increasingly centralized multinational corporations, financial middlemen and tech wizards that continue to chase what makes the most money instead of what's good for people? I don't know what the answer is at this point, other than having faith in a higher power to guide us through this chaos. But I think we can both agree that centralizing power in such large organizations is probably not a good thing. Fair?

Old 03-30-2021, 09:42 AM

32,019 posts, read 36,770,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronricks View Post
What is the death count for each? What is the dollar amount in destruction? Businesses lost? Buildings burned? Property looted and destroyed? Not one person at the capital even had a gun. How much gun violence led to death last year at all the riots and protests?
Well, you raise some good questions to which I don't know the answers.

"How many people were executed last year during riots by the far left compared to how many were executed in the insurrection?" What is the data on that?

I'd still say there's a difference between rioting and looting (which are totally unacceptable) versus a specific attempt to capture and/or execute elected reps in order to overturn an election.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta