Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2023, 08:24 AM

37 posts, read 42,027 times

Advertisements

Most southasian families flock to suburbs where the schools are highly rated. That's one factor they don't like to compromise on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2023, 11:35 AM

15 posts, read 10,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bananapie View Post
I guess indians does not like diversity according to answers...
That’s an incredibly ignorant observation.

Old 10-02-2023, 07:40 AM

2,539 posts, read 1,907,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Roll View Post
It seems to be difficult to even remotely imply that Asian Indians don’t like living in diverse areas with other races and ethnicities when the parts of the Atlanta metropolitan area where Asian Indians live (including in Alpharetta, Johns Creek, South Forsyth County, Suwanee, the Brookwood and Parkview school clusters in southern Gwinnett County, North DeKalb County and even the Wheeler and Sprayberry school clusters of East Cobb) tend to be some of the absolute most diverse communities in the greater Atlanta metropolitan region, in the state of Georgia and in the entire Southeastern North American region as a whole.

Many of the aforementioned areas that have large concentrations of Asian Indians across metro Atlanta’s greater suburban Northern Crescent also have noticeably sizable Latino and Black populations.

And even in Forsyth County, where there very notably is not a sizable concentration of Black residents, the county’s large and explosively fast growing populations of Asian Indians, Latinos and other Asians are combining together to quickly push Forsyth County’s overall population towards ‘majority-minority’ status where racial and ethnic minorities very likely will make up a majority of Forsyth County’s population within about the next 15 years or so.

Asian Indians seemingly have emerged as linchpins of the continued and accelerating demographic diversification of metro Atlanta’s greater suburban Northern Crescent… So it seems really odd to even remotely imply that Asian Indians don’t and/or wouldn’t like living in diverse areas because Asian Indian newcomers are being directed to diverse areas with large Asian Indian populations.
My daughter attended Wheeler High School for the magnet program. At the time, there was a magazine article written about how it was one of the most diverse high schools in the country. She had a good experience there.

Old 03-20-2024, 03:05 PM

20,758 posts, read 8,562,401 times
I am an educated, retired white woman whose spiritual practices and cultural interests are more aligned with India so this is useful information for me. I do a lot of Indian cooking so I will have to live near a Patel supermarket!

Now I need to find a '55+ active adult' apartment complex. Suggestions welcome!

Old 03-25-2024, 03:40 PM

1,908 posts, read 1,272,331 times
I would suggest Alpharetta. It's becoming a pretty nicely diverse area.

Old 03-25-2024, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Guy View Post
I would suggest Alpharetta. It's becoming a pretty nicely diverse area.
It's also expensive.

Old 03-26-2024, 07:40 AM

1,908 posts, read 1,272,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
It's also expensive.
Yes, but most of metro Atlanta suburbs are expensive/getting expensive for some reason. It gets cheaper south of I20, but everyone is seemingly scared of going down that way.

Old 03-26-2024, 10:36 AM

2,306 posts, read 2,992,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guptars View Post
What is a good area to relocate to - is Cumming a good place for indians. What other areas are good, with good houses. A good realtor recommendation would be greatly appreciated too. Thanks.
It depends on what you mean by a "good house". What is your price point and what are you looking for in a house and in a location? Do you have commute time or school concerns?

Old 03-26-2024, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Guy View Post
It gets cheaper south of I20, but everyone is seemingly scared of going down that way.
Good fact to know. I'll add it to my moving research document.

Old 03-26-2024, 01:30 PM

1,459 posts, read 1,399,869 times
Don't buy
rent first
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta