Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2023, 11:58 AM

6 posts, read 28,736 times

Advertisements

What is a good area to relocate to - is Cumming a good place for indians. What other areas are good, with good houses. A good realtor recommendation would be greatly appreciated too. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2023, 01:57 PM

3,715 posts, read 3,694,077 times
Hey! Welcome. I'm very intertwined with the local Indian community, and I'm also from NJ.

Generally speaking, Indians tend to congregate in:

Cumming
Alpharetta
John's Creek
East Cobb
Sandy Springs
Dunwoody

This is both because of tech job hubs, and other Indian populations. I live in East Cobb and there are lots of Indians in my children's school. Per my realtor, Cumming has entire neighborhoods that have only Indians. I'll DM you my realtor who is also a personal friend. She's great, I would recommend her aside from being my friend. Happy to help however I can.

What is your housing budget? That can help us guide you better.

Last edited by Citykid3785; 09-12-2023 at 02:08 PM..

Old 09-12-2023, 03:00 PM

1,374 posts, read 923,022 times
Cumming has many Indians so you'll fit in great there. Besides Citykid3785's suggestions, there are also Indians in Suwanee. I believe the largest Indian supermarket in the state, Patel Brothers is in Suwanee.

Last edited by ShenardL; 09-12-2023 at 03:09 PM..

Old 09-12-2023, 08:39 PM

16,680 posts, read 29,499,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShenardL View Post
Cumming has many Indians so you'll fit in great there. Besides Citykid3785's suggestions, there are also Indians in Suwanee. I believe the largest Indian supermarket in the state, Patel Brothers is in Suwanee.
Also South Lilburn, East Lilburn, North Snellville, and South Lawrenceville.
(Parkview High and Brookwood High districts)

Old 09-14-2023, 12:58 PM

2,281 posts, read 3,032,467 times
Don't forget Sandy Springs.... though there there are less there now than before. Scuttlebutt says that they are all moving north to Cumming

Old 09-25-2023, 06:34 AM

278 posts, read 1,108,835 times
If you need to be intown North Decatur has a sizeable Indian Population. There's a Patel Brothers there as well.

Old 09-30-2023, 11:28 AM

60 posts, read 106,691 times
I guess indians does not like diversity according to answers...

Old 09-30-2023, 06:56 PM

3,715 posts, read 3,694,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bananapie View Post
Which makes sense. If I moved to another country, the first thing I’d do would be to seek out the American expat community

Old 09-30-2023, 09:13 PM

10,392 posts, read 11,481,750 times
Quote:
It seems to be difficult to even remotely imply that Asian Indians don’t like living in diverse areas with other races and ethnicities when the parts of the Atlanta metropolitan area where Asian Indians live (including in Alpharetta, Johns Creek, South Forsyth County, Suwanee, the Brookwood and Parkview school clusters in southern Gwinnett County, North DeKalb County and even the Wheeler and Sprayberry school clusters of East Cobb) tend to be some of the absolute most diverse communities in the greater Atlanta metropolitan region, in the state of Georgia and in the entire Southeastern North American region as a whole.

Many of the aforementioned areas that have large concentrations of Asian Indians across metro Atlanta’s greater suburban Northern Crescent also have noticeably sizable Latino and Black populations.

And even in Forsyth County, where there very notably is not a sizable concentration of Black residents, the county’s large and explosively fast growing populations of Asian Indians, Latinos and other Asians are combining together to quickly push Forsyth County’s overall population towards ‘majority-minority’ status where racial and ethnic minorities very likely will make up a majority of Forsyth County’s population within about the next 15 years or so.

Asian Indians seemingly have emerged as linchpins of the continued and accelerating demographic diversification of metro Atlanta’s greater suburban Northern Crescent… So it seems really odd to even remotely imply that Asian Indians don’t and/or wouldn’t like living in diverse areas because Asian Indian newcomers are being directed to diverse areas with large Asian Indian populations.

Old 10-01-2023, 07:04 AM

2,539 posts, read 1,907,042 times
Quote:
When my grandfather came to America in 1912, he resided in a Polish community in New Jersey. I guess that means Eastern Europeans don't like diversity. Or maybe that is just a typical immigrant journey.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta