Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2009, 09:09 AM

3 posts, read 3,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Fanatic View Post
Since the economic downturn ensued, sprawl has basically come to a stand still. I have not seen any untouched areas/forests/fields be bulldozed to make way for new housing and or shopping centers. What I have seen are a few developments break ground in already developed or partially developed areas. I don't see the urbanized boundaries expanding further out. I simply see a little infill, which has been very, very slow since late 2007.

As such, I'm not certain that there are that many people resettling in the Atlanta region. I wouldn't be surprised if Metro Atlanta were only gaining about 30,000 people per year at the current rate, unlike the 100,000-150,000 rate just a few years ago.
I do agree with you. Shame isn't it? Years and even education hasn't helped these Southerners now has it?

Old 08-03-2009, 09:53 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,391,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbaville View Post
Hello BobKovacs,
Yes, you said it right and I quote, "thanks, but our bridges already have their fill of trolls".
Don't tell me, Georgian, right? lol
I hit a nerve and do so appologize. I love it when I speak the truth and they cowar here.
Not a native Gerogian- just a happy transplant, and no, you didn't hit a nerve- we just don't need posts that use the term "hick" three times in every sentence. Any further posts to that effect will also be deleted.

Old 08-03-2009, 11:39 AM

3 posts, read 6,704 times
dang! i live in NJ and i was thinking to move down there...mainly because of what i heard in regards to cheaper costs of living and new jobs nbeing offered. But now after reading this posts, i cant say that i want to move there. I am highly educated an ive been in banking for about 7 yrs now...i have been lucky to survive all the layoffs and such at my current job. However, i figured that a change of scenery would be better. I live in a town full of nothing but farms and trees and such, lol, but i see what i see on tv about georgia and i get excited. I am a young blk female and now i am having doubts. Is it really that bad, and where were u originally living b4 GA ?

Old 08-03-2009, 01:05 PM

550 posts, read 1,638,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nboyd1106 View Post
dang! i live in NJ and i was thinking to move down there...mainly because of what i heard in regards to cheaper costs of living and new jobs nbeing offered. But now after reading this posts, i cant say that i want to move there. I am highly educated an ive been in banking for about 7 yrs now...i have been lucky to survive all the layoffs and such at my current job. However, i figured that a change of scenery would be better. I live in a town full of nothing but farms and trees and such, lol, but i see what i see on tv about georgia and i get excited. I am a young blk female and now i am having doubts. Is it really that bad, and where were u originally living b4 GA ?
Line up a new job in the banking industry before you move and you'lll be just fine.

Old 08-03-2009, 02:25 PM

8,486 posts, read 15,006,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nboyd1106 View Post
Never rely on a website or television to get the "vibe" of a city. Instead, schedule a weekend visit and meet up with someone you know who already lives here to show you around. Being from Jersey you probably already know a lot of people down here. LOL

Old 08-03-2009, 02:28 PM

23,466 posts, read 44,115,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbaville View Post
I do agree with you. Shame isn't it? Years and even education hasn't helped these Southerners now has it?
I take it that you're not a true 'bubba', but yet another condescending, South-loathing troll. Do us a favor and don't bother.

Old 08-03-2009, 05:45 PM

24 posts, read 53,885 times
Is Atlanta mainly just a city for progressive blacks?? I hear people taking about discrimination.. it seems that the city of Atlanta are all black and the suburbs are mainly white.. so where is the discrimination going on??

Im thinking about moving to Roswell/Alpharetta area from Florida and looking for a less diverse, conservative area..

Old 08-03-2009, 06:41 PM

550 posts, read 1,638,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sco0437 View Post
Is Atlanta mainly just a city for progressive blacks?? I hear people taking about discrimination.. it seems that the city of Atlanta are all black and the suburbs are mainly white.. so where is the discrimination going on??

Im thinking about moving to Roswell/Alpharetta area from Florida and looking for a less diverse, conservative area..

If you do not welcome, embrace, and celebrate diversity please do everyone, yourself included, a favor and do NOT move to the Atlanta Metro Area. Atlanta has been the 2nd fastest growing metropolitan area in the US for several years now, and although the recession is slowing down that trend, Atlanta will, no doubt, continue to grow in population in the decades ahead, and any "less diverse" area is sure to be "diverse" sooner rather than later. In fact, by 2025 whites will be the 'minorities' in the United States.

May I suggest Alaska?

Old 08-03-2009, 07:59 PM

2,206 posts, read 6,893,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StPaulEastSider View Post
May I suggest Alaska?
I believe Alaska is much like Northern BC, where I formerly lived, i.e. Native Americans are a major segment of the population and their culture and concerns are very prominent in local affairs.

To cite an Alaskan who's been in the news in recent months, I believe former "First Dude" Todd Palin is part native.

This is probably not what you intended, albeit tongue-in-cheek, to recommend.

Old 08-03-2009, 08:13 PM

8,180 posts, read 14,876,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Java378 View Post
And yet, Bill Cosby has little following because he directly tells people to fix themselves.
I wish people who have absolutely no idea about what gets talked about in the Black community would shut up about this Bill Cosby thing. Grandmama has been saying this stuff for years; it wasn't anything new to Black folks at all. It's just that some of y'all got a revelation about it. Get a clue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta