Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2008, 05:58 PM

1 posts, read 5,471 times

Advertisements

Does anybody have any experience with Legacy Communities homes? We are considering buying in Pittman park. We are relocating from NY so I have no idea what to expect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2008, 11:26 AM

80 posts, read 351,661 times
http://www.city-data.com/forum/atlan...mmunities.html

Old 08-17-2008, 11:33 AM

19 posts, read 77,927 times
Make sure they are Energy Star. Always get a third party inspector. Check the foreclosure rate for the community as well as the crime rate.

Legacy sells big boxes for a low price.

Old 08-17-2008, 11:45 AM
MsV

2,604 posts, read 1,079,454 times
We're from NY originally also, and never heard of Legacy Communities, but I find it interesting that imdasandman wrote his/her FIRST post responding to your question, and cmills sent you the site with no comment - I don't hear a lot of praises for these types of developments.

Please make sure that you buy in a development/area that will provide a reasonable investment potential for you in the long run, so you ultimately make some $ on the deal. A cheap house is usually cheap for a reason...at least try to purchase a reasonably-priced (cheap) home in a better area. Your kids will learn in better-prepared schools too.

You know what they say (besides location, location, location),
The best investment is often the cheapest house in a great area.
Good luck and God bless!

Old 08-17-2008, 01:35 PM

80 posts, read 351,661 times
The link I posted was to a multi-page thread here devoted to Legacy.

I was going to buy a Legacy home, but when the developer allowed a large part of the neighborhood to go into foreclosure, I backed out.

FWIW, the specific house I went under contract on in January is still not completed, and I had a lot of difficulties with the onsite agents and a very curt conversation with Bill Horton.

Here's something to try: go to the Legacy website and look up the phone number for the main office. Call it, and see if you can ever get to a human being. I had to punch in random extensions just to get to a person. When I finally got someone to put me through to Mr. Horton, they gave me a bogus extension number, labeled "Vacant Employee."

Didn't give me the warm-fuzzies or make me want to give them a quarter mil, ya know?

Old 08-18-2008, 07:25 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,941,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdasilva007 View Post
Does anybody have any experience with Legacy Communities homes? We are considering buying in Pittman park. We are relocating from NY so I have no idea what to expect.
I have dealt with them on multiple transactions; as with any purchase from any home builder, familiarize yourself with the details of the contract -- and get the home thoroughly inspected. If at all possible, make sure all punch-out items are completed before closing.

Old 08-20-2008, 08:53 AM

5 posts, read 19,761 times
I bought my first new house from Legacy Communities in May. I live in Pembrooke Park which is in Henry County. I am looking for good day care in the area and was on here doing a search for that. If anyone knows of a good day care, please let me know. I am a single mother and a teacher in Clayton county.

My cousin bought a house in Acworth and her builder went bankrupt and now she has no warranty on her house. Her husband has to do what he can to make the repairs but they will have to hire someone to fix a leak in the kitchen ceiling. I am very thankful that I don't have to worry about this with Legacy Communities, they have a good warranty department.

Old 02-03-2009, 07:42 AM

1 posts, read 4,953 times
Default I love my legacy home

We closed on our home 4 months ago at Palmetto Farms in South Fulton and we are so so happy. We visited neighboring communities and they do not compare favorably at all. We first went to Crown and the agent was not only rude she talked very negative about Legacy and the other builders in the area Silvercreek and DR Horton. She really didn't say anything positive about her [URL="http://atlanta.citysearch.com/review/43875913/4007743#"]community[/URL] so it made my husband and I wonder what was actually wrong with Crown. She lied and said that Palmetto Farms would have over 800 homes when actually they will have less than half of that amount. She said that Silver Creek's quality was poor. She said that DR Horton is going out of business, When I asked her about the Crown community at Broadstone all she could say is that they will have only 80 lots. Well needless to say we left and went to Silver Creek and Palmetto Farms. We purchased our home at Palmetto Farms, This community is beautiful. The agent at this community was very nice we toured their models and the agent talked about why we should buy a Legacy home and she did not say anything negative about her competitors in the area. We tried to ask her questions about them but she only talked about her community. Well we love our home, we had 1 warranty call and not only did they respond fast they took care of the matter and we have not had an issue since. When we were looking for our home we visited this site and we saw the negative and positive comments about Legacy and we wanted to look for ourselves. Well I am here to tell you that you will not be disappointed. Try Legacy at Palmetto Farms in South Fulton, the community is beautiful and the agents are nice.
Pros: BEAUTIFUL LANDSCAPING, LARGE LOTS, BEAUTIFUL AMENITIES
Cons: NONE

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta