Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 09:24 PM

115 posts, read 541,236 times

Advertisements

I am debating about moving. I'm having a difficult time with choosing between Douglasville and Union City. Traffic? Jobs? Transpotation? Shopping? Areas where I should live or not live? Can anyone give me any advice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2008, 06:23 PM

293 posts, read 1,106,537 times
Talking Douglasville Hands Down!!!!!!!!

Douglasville hands down...better schools, more shopping, and you're only about 20-25 minutes away from downtown Atlanta. Union City is so drab...I lived there for a year. The schools are not that great. One upside is that it is convenient to other places. But, if you're looking for something longterm, Douglasville...great area and cheaper taxes! (Douglas County).

Old 10-09-2008, 07:22 PM

235 posts, read 838,209 times
Douglasville is more appealing than Union City is. Prices in Douglasville are pretty reasonable for the metro area. Depending on where you are going, I believe Douglasville and Union City are about the same distance from Downtown Atlanta.

Old 10-09-2008, 09:07 PM

115 posts, read 541,236 times
What about jobs? Areas to look into that is diverse and family friendly? Which areas should I avoid? Are you saying people are prejudice there?

Old 10-11-2008, 08:46 PM

207 posts, read 940,031 times
Nope, Gwinnett used to be redneclish, but is becoming mostly Mexican and Guatemalan.

Old 10-12-2008, 01:25 PM

293 posts, read 1,106,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEKI View Post
What about jobs? Areas to look into that is diverse and family friendly? Which areas should I avoid? Are you saying people are prejudice there?
What types of jobs are you looking for? There's not a large job pool in either, but, both are close to the downtown area where most of the jobs usually are.

Old 10-12-2008, 01:56 PM

235 posts, read 838,209 times
The schools in Douglasville are slightly better than the ones in Union City, but for the most part they are so so. I would guess that Douglasville has more families with school aged children than Union City area has, just a guess, though. The jobs will mostly be in the downtown Atlanta area, these cities have job limitations overall. Did you drive around both areas to see what you think? Or do you know someone local that might give you some advice?

Old 10-22-2008, 03:24 PM

6 posts, read 19,641 times
Smile The Landings at Oak Hill

Keki,

My company owns and manages The Landings at Oak Hill. It is a beautiful apartment community with controlled access gates less than one mile from I-85. It has beautiful landscaping, two swimming pools, jogging trails, wonderful staff and is, of course, professionally managed. Check it out ay Apartments for rent - ApartmentFinder.com or call the leasing staff at (770) 964-4202.

I don't know much about Douglasville...but, hey, is anyone there tryiong to recruit you as a resident?

Old 10-23-2008, 01:59 AM

293 posts, read 901,528 times
So, Douglasville is described as a redneck area, city union as a black one, there are guns everywhere in Acworth, people of South Atlanta are (can't remember the word)... and in an other thread all of Atlanta sucks excepted Norcross ...

Is there one area that every one likes in Atlanta? There must be a time when we have to forget what others think perhaps and just go where it is practical for us and where we like it personally...

Old 10-23-2008, 06:27 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,480,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie-Lydie View Post
So, Douglasville is described as a redneck area, city union as a black one, there are guns everywhere in Acworth, people of South Atlanta are (can't remember the word)... and in an other thread all of Atlanta sucks excepted Norcross ...

Is there one area that every one likes in Atlanta? There must be a time when we have to forget what others think perhaps and just go where it is practical for us and where we like it personally...
And there is a rivalry between those who live ITP/Inside the Perimeter/Intown and those who choose to live OTP/Outside the Perimeter in places like Acworth, Douglasville and Alpharetta.

Norcross has a very diverse population and except for the historic town itself the consensus is 'Avoid Norcross'--ie--Jimmy Carter Blvd/Buford Hwy/Beaver Ruin Rd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta