Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 02:40 PM

293 posts, read 1,108,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea-girl View Post
Sweetatlantapeach, people do not move to GA for the educational system come on what are you talking about? People mainly move to GA for the cost of living and quality of life, while there are some good districts the overall educational system needs to be improved. Unlike you, I do not need others to agree with me. I just have my point of view which is one you don't agree with and that is cool. But again, you have missed the point I was trying to make in that there is a bigger problem that obviously will not and is not going to be solved due to the lack of planning and regard for every child on the state's part. Hmm, don't know why this is not a similar concern or the rational (rationale) is not there? The way things are being done is the OLD way of doing things, that cause unneccessary and additional problems and costs to the tax payers. Not sure why that too is not obvious. It costs more to arrest someone, put them in jail, have a hearing, etc. who do you think pays for this and how much money do you think it costs? I'd rather pay for better educational systems across the board.
Hmmm, this sounds like a judgmental statement. I don't need others to agree with me.

At this point, whatever you say. You've made your point, I've made mine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2009, 03:19 PM

3,735 posts, read 8,080,003 times
Sweetatlantapeach, obviously you wanted the last word. Call it whatever you want in terms of judgment I believe you were being so with your prior and previous statements. Plus I know you aren't trying to correct any of my spelling as I have not attempted to correct your grammar (a lot of my keys stick on my labtop, and at times I do misspell but I am very educated). Anyways, this is getting petty and we do as you have written have differing points of view.

Old 02-10-2009, 04:11 PM

293 posts, read 1,108,518 times
Quote:
Sweetatlantapeach, obviously you wanted the last word. Call it whatever you want in terms of judgment I believe you were being so with your prior and previous statements. Plus I know you aren't trying to correct any of my spelling as I have not attempted to correct your grammar (a lot of my keys stick on my labtop, and at times I do misspell but I am very educated). Anyways, this is getting petty and we do as you have written have differing points of view.
All I can say at this point is wow.

Anyway, are there any transplants who would like to share how their school districts function as far as students going to schools in other districts they are not assigned to? If so, what are the consequences if the protocol is violated?

Old 02-11-2009, 08:08 AM

381 posts, read 507,800 times
there are some illegals in our schools (surprisingly, they are motivated to learn). i really don't care if someone lies about their home resident, if the kid is smart and wants a good education, then do what you need to do.

the debate about cheating the tuition is b.s. that's like saying homeowners should not pay for public school millage if they put their kids in private school. btw, one of my kids go to private school and the rest in public. don't forget, renters don't have to pay for public school.

-a|ex

Old 02-11-2009, 08:35 AM

2,685 posts, read 6,432,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine Shadow View Post
there are some illegals in our schools (surprisingly, they are motivated to learn). i really don't care if someone lies about their home resident, if the kid is smart and wants a good education, then do what you need to do.

the debate about cheating the tuition is b.s. that's like saying homeowners should not pay for public school millage if they put their kids in private school. btw, one of my kids go to private school and the rest in public. don't forget, renters don't have to pay for public school.

-a|ex
True that they dont have to pay for public school in a sense. But the person they pay rent to does. So it all balances out. It's the property owner who pays. You're right, but it's still being paid regardless. Renters do what? Pay rent on a property that's owned by someone who pays his taxes like everyone else. It's just paid indirectly.

Old 02-11-2009, 09:11 AM

381 posts, read 507,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterNY View Post
True that they dont have to pay for public school in a sense. But the person they pay rent to does. So it all balances out. It's the property owner who pays. You're right, but it's still being paid regardless. Renters do what? Pay rent on a property that's owned by someone who pays his taxes like everyone else. It's just paid indirectly.
renters do not pay indirectly. if you use that reasoning, then the renter's employer indirectly pays for the rent, which therefore indirectly pays for the millage rates. you can bring it up the ladder and argue that government tax credits can also indirectly pay for the landlords property taxes.

the landlord is responsible, not the renters or his other form of income.

-a|ex

Old 02-11-2009, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine Shadow View Post
renters do not pay indirectly. if you use that reasoning, then the renter's employer indirectly pays for the rent, which therefore indirectly pays for the millage rates. you can bring it up the ladder and argue that government tax credits can also indirectly pay for the landlords property taxes.

the landlord is responsible, not the renters or his other form of income.

-a|ex
I think I made it clear that the renter's money so to speak pays the homeowner's mortgage. The homeowner pays taxes, so without going way up the ladder like you did, the renter does pay. If the renter happens to have kids that go to a school in that particular district, they benefit from their parents/guardians who are paying to live there. That's all I meant. No the renter does not write out a check to the County/City for the property taxes, but he pays to live in a certain area, and enjoy the benefits (or lackthereof) of that area. You're trying to complicate it. I said what I had to say. You want to run around chasing your tail, be my guest.

Old 02-11-2009, 12:51 PM

Now a days, landlords are lucky if the renter's are able to pay for their mortgage, not to mention repairs. I know of few landlord's that are able to make extra money off their rentals.

Old 02-11-2009, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Now a days, landlords are lucky if the renter's are able to pay for their mortgage, not to mention repairs. I know of few landlord's that are able to make extra money off their rentals.
True, but since everyone and their mother wanted to be a flipping investor, that's their problem. Not to sound harsh, but some had it coming. Some are decent, and just wanted to keep their extra home maybe for their kid(s), or retirement etc. Those I have no problem with. Those who bought with the intention to keep jacking these prices, I could care less for. Let them pay for their greed, and deal with their tenants. I dont want to get off topic though.

Old 02-11-2009, 03:10 PM

MisterNY, yeap I totally understand where you are coming from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta