Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 10:45 PM
YAZ

7,706 posts, read 14,081,493 times

Advertisements

Don't flip your bird too wildly in Phoenix; you just might get shot at...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2009, 09:22 AM

4,688 posts, read 8,018,485 times
I blame the yankees that now live here for this

Old 06-17-2009, 09:57 AM

625 posts, read 1,148,851 times
I enjoy cutting off fat republicans in SUV's and hoping they flip

I wouldn't call it "rage" though, I actually feel quite relaxed given that my superior japanese sports car can out-handle most other cars on the road.

Old 06-17-2009, 10:14 AM

7,887 posts, read 17,187,870 times
Look at what happened just yesterday on I-285.

Police: Racing may have led to deadly I-285 crash | ajc.com (http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/dekalb/stories/2009/06/16/racing_I285_fatals.html?cxntlid=homepage_tab_newst ab - broken link)

Sure, this stuff happens in other places, but I blame the lax enforcement on the Interstates and major highways for a lot of what happens. Too few troopers and no unmarked vehicles contribute to the lax enforcement in my opinion.

Old 06-17-2009, 10:17 AM

59 posts, read 228,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe2000 View Post
I blame the yankees that now live here for this
Us "Yankees" may be aggressive but we know how to drive! We pay attention to what is around us, check our blind spots before changing lanes (unlike many of the drivers down here who think it's okay to make a right turn from the left lane!!!), and drive fast in the left lane, slower in the right lane.

The north is more aggressive and impatient in general and I'm not at all surprised it was ranked #1 in the survey. Living in NYC, I rarely saw accidents happen. NY drivers are much more aware of their surroundings than drivers down here.

These are my observations and opinions... not at all based on scientific experimentation.

Old 06-17-2009, 10:23 AM

1,114 posts, read 2,349,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
Look at what happened just yesterday on I-285.

Police: Racing may have led to deadly I-285 crash | ajc.com (http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/dekalb/stories/2009/06/16/racing_I285_fatals.html?cxntlid=homepage_tab_newst ab - broken link)

Sure, this stuff happens in other places, but I blame the lax enforcement on the Interstates and major highways for a lot of what happens. Too few troopers and no unmarked vehicles contribute to the lax enforcement in my opinion.
Just go to the ImportAtlanta forums to see the Kills forum and you'll see these idiots all over the place openly meeting up to race. I'm amazed cops aren't intently reading that page on a daily basis. Probably hundreds of thousands of dollars worth in fines alone.

I was going down I-85 South of Pleasant Hill last year which is where they often meet up at the BP. I was a couple cars behind a Gwinnett police car that had clogged up traffic on 85 w/ people pacing him when a clapped out Civic and Integra racing at 100+ weaving in and out of traffic passed the cop. He managed to light up the Civic but the Integra kept going. I tailed the Integra to 285 interchange and got his tag and submitted it to Gwinnett police but never heard anything about it.

If I recall that kid in the RSX that killed half that family near Indian Trail was either racing or just being a complete idiot.

Old 06-17-2009, 09:07 PM

6,541 posts, read 12,037,130 times
I actually prefer driving in Atlanta than in San Diego. In Atlanta I can kick back and cruise on the freeways and not have to worry about much. Driving in San Diego both frustrates and scares me. There, I would always have someone tailgate me, or I would have to slam my breaks because someone is doing 50 in the fast lane. I can never stay in the same lane if I want to travel the same speed since everyone either drives too fast or too slow, and lane changes become a difficult task because no one is considerate to let you in, and the car in next the lane speeds up when they see your signal. Plus you have illegals with their cars from Mexico mixed with yuppies with their luxury cars who think they own the freeways.

Old 06-18-2009, 06:36 AM

3,573 posts, read 5,307,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
Annual survey by auto club finds we are not very courteous behind the wheel

Atlanta drivers among nation's road rage leaders | ajc.com (http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/stories/2009/06/16/atlanta_road_rage_.html?cxntlid=homepage_tab_newst ab&cxntlid=homepage_tab_newstab - broken link)
With our overly generous capitulation to the road-culture, that's not so hard to believe. So much for southern hospitality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta