Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 12:18 AM

106 posts, read 237,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorilove View Post
Here is the redistricting plan

http://www.cobbk12.org/centraloffice...Round4Plan.pdf

Ivy Springs will be going to the new Smyrna Elementary School
Thanks!

This is good to hear/see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2013, 12:58 PM

56 posts, read 117,539 times
I live off of Spring Road in the highlands neighborhood. I love it. There is no crime. My neighbors are awesome and everyone knows everyone. I don't have kids so I am not to worried about Argyle Elementary but some of neighbors have children and I have heard no complaints.

I absolutely love the location. It is 10 minutes into town.

The houses seem to be going for around 90k at the back of the neighborhood (on the train tracks) to 200k around the front of the neighborhood.

I bought my house about a year ago and property values have gone up about 15-25k in that time. Great for me!

The other side of Spring Rd can be a tiny bit shady but that is more from older townhouses, etc not being taken care of. I never see anything bad happening. There always seems to be lots of people running or biking the trails.

The downtown area is awesome and they hold lots of events. I would try to live as close as I could to Atlanta and Spring Rd for the convenience of it. Good luck on your house hunt!

Old 04-23-2013, 03:53 PM

106 posts, read 237,248 times
Thanks for your input on the topic. I appreciate it.

Do you or anyone here know what the plans for the development at the corner of Spring Rd & Atlanta Rd are?
What about the old Belmont Hills area that is currently empty?

Thanks again

Last edited by dgreen; 04-23-2013 at 04:19 PM..

Old 04-23-2013, 07:51 PM

2,530 posts, read 4,773,285 times
The corner of Spring Road and Atlanta Road is a shopping center with a Publix. It was originally a mixed use development with Condos and Shopping but it transferred hands several times during the recession. It was bought again over a year ago but they have been unable to get financing on a plan that the city will also approve. Apparently mixed use financing is very out of favor these days but the city does not want a basic strip shopping center. We have not had an update on this property in quite a long time.

The corner of Belmont hills is also mixed use.

There are actually several threads that discuss these properties in detail. I will try to do a search and get you the links

Old 04-23-2013, 07:54 PM

Here you go:

Key search words are Belmont and Jonquil

Belmont Hills, Jonquil Village and the old Kroger?

Solve the Smyrna mystery

Old 04-24-2013, 07:15 AM

56 posts, read 117,539 times
I hate that corner right now. They did finally connect the jogging bridge across last year which is nice. Every time they get me excited that they are going to start up on that corner again then the city says no. I get they don't want a shopping center but anything would be better than a big ugly empty lot. I hope they get moving on it soon but it really seems like nothing is happening right now.

I was quite excited about the Publix. It was supposed to be a Publix Greenwise Market which is like a Whole foods.

Old 04-24-2013, 10:34 AM

I think the Publix Greenwise Market was wishful thinking by many of us - I don't recall that ever being officially announced

Old 04-24-2013, 10:52 AM

1,858 posts, read 3,550,852 times
one thing about Smyrna...Smyrna police aint not joke.

Old 09-19-2016, 06:54 AM

1 posts, read 1,337 times
The homes in the Barnes Mill subdivision are very very nice. Barnes Mill is located off the E/W connector. The neighbors are professionals Doctors, Lawyers, Educators etc. I purchased my home because of the beauty of the neighborhood but more important the lack of crime. We have had no problems. If you are looking for a nice large home it would worth your while to check it out. Property values are increasing.

Last edited by jphh; 09-19-2016 at 06:59 AM.. Reason: Corrected spelling

Old 11-15-2017, 01:01 PM

147 posts, read 216,071 times
Does anyone have experience with the Ennisbrook neighborhood? Any feedback for the neighborhood in its current state?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta