Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 03:03 PM

1,655 posts, read 3,246,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngMichaelJackson View Post
African slaverly was indentured servitude, the idea of slavery for life is a very European idea
Ehhh... Arabs enslaved Africans for life before the Middle Passage as well... the East African slave trade... wait. How did we get on this topic?

Old 08-19-2009, 03:04 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,786,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsmoove View Post
It always comes back to race... LOL... the South is something else...
Don't be fooled its not just the South.The South is just more vocal about it.

Old 08-19-2009, 03:10 PM

968 posts, read 2,617,804 times
Back to the original topic, Fox News is reporting that the baby is not in good condition. I do hope both the mother and child can recover fully as soon as possible.

This story is just awful. What was done to that child is horrific. Its getting to a point where most people just seem soul-less these days. I just really hope that the guilty in this case is punished accordingly.

Old 08-19-2009, 03:14 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,786,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityhopper View Post
Back to the original topic, Fox News is reporting that the baby is not in good condition. I do hope both the mother and child can recover fully as soon as possible.

This story is just awful. What was done to that child is horrific. Its getting to a point where most people just seem soul-less these days. I just really hope that the guilty in this case is punished accordingly.
LOL.That was not the original topic either.

Old 08-19-2009, 04:44 PM

371 posts, read 1,554,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
Humans are evil,good,passionate,inconsiderate,selfish,giving, etc...This is been the way since the beginning of time.However where we are today is important to realize how we got here in order to become a "more perfect union".History to an extent does play a role in how any people survive in the future.Unfortunately a lot of the negative aspects of how badly humans can treat one another,are still current in this country.These issues must be realistically addressed.People are still alive today that were the cause of laws like "jim crow" to exist.As well as the people who were the victims of that evil.The people who's parents raised them to be racist are here today ,just like the people who were the victims of the racist who sometimes have a "victim mentality" which stops them from moving forward.
The important thing to remember is, it is always the other peoples fault.

Old 08-19-2009, 05:57 PM

351 posts, read 533,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
Don't be fooled its not just the South.The South is just more vocal about it.
And thats why it sucks

Old 08-20-2009, 02:46 AM

1,352 posts, read 4,373,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsmoove View Post
It always comes back to race... LOL... the South is something else...
and it always comes to you playing the race card rather than addressing the issue and fixing it.

what will it take? guess nothing. its easier to blame something/somebody

Old 08-20-2009, 03:47 AM

371 posts, read 1,554,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngMichaelJackson View Post
African slaverly was indentured servitude, the idea of slavery for life is a very European idea
With respect, that is populist rubbish, the indentured servitude idea was one started by the jews, in Africa prior to that it was common for people to end up as slaves to any conquering force, usually another tribe and they were not indentured, very often the white slave traders would buy slaves from black African slave traders who had already been totally used to enslaving others for hundreds if not thousands of years previously.

While I am not making any excuses for anyone involved in slave trading or keeping, it is obscene to claim that black people did not do the very same things in their own country, yes, a lot of current racism may well be because of the long term view of blacks as ex slaves, on both sides. No, it is not an excuse to be a thug just because you can blame the white man and not take any responsibility for what you are today.

Slavery has ended, there is black president and his wife is a good friend of the Queen, there has been a paradigm shift in attitude, you can either enjoy the fruits of going with it or you can wallow in your own self pity and prove the nay sayers right.

You know, my business partner of the last 4 years is a black woman, her biggest obstacle to becoming successful was black men and those same black men always told her that it was white men that would stop her succeeding, while it was actually those same black men who were trying to hold her back. Now she has made it, all they do is bad mouth her. It has become my experience that black women are prepared to work to succeed while black men most often expect it handed to them on a plate, while there are exceptions, in general it is the fortitude and intelligence of the women that shines in the black community, she has two brothers, both of which are not ever going to be the success she is because they cannot and will not put in the effort.

Where am I going with this? I'll tell you, when this board talks about Atlanta being dangerous, nine times out of ten a case of a black male thug will be cited, no one will say anything about color until someone starts making some excuse about how it is the white mans fault because he kept slaves, but the simple fact is that black women are proving that color is not the issue, laziness is, all that other guff is an excuse. A thug is a thug, there is never an excuse.

Old 08-20-2009, 08:17 AM

416 posts, read 1,089,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britishintown View Post
With respect, that is populist rubbish, the indentured servitude idea was one started by the jews, in Africa prior to that it was common for people to end up as slaves to any conquering force, usually another tribe and they were not indentured, very often the white slave traders would buy slaves from black African slave traders who had already been totally used to enslaving others for hundreds if not thousands of years previously.

While I am not making any excuses for anyone involved in slave trading or keeping, it is obscene to claim that black people did not do the very same things in their own country, yes, a lot of current racism may well be because of the long term view of blacks as ex slaves, on both sides. No, it is not an excuse to be a thug just because you can blame the white man and not take any responsibility for what you are today.

Slavery has ended, there is black president and his wife is a good friend of the Queen, there has been a paradigm shift in attitude, you can either enjoy the fruits of going with it or you can wallow in your own self pity and prove the nay sayers right.

You know, my business partner of the last 4 years is a black woman, her biggest obstacle to becoming successful was black men and those same black men always told her that it was white men that would stop her succeeding, while it was actually those same black men who were trying to hold her back. Now she has made it, all they do is bad mouth her. It has become my experience that black women are prepared to work to succeed while black men most often expect it handed to them on a plate, while there are exceptions, in general it is the fortitude and intelligence of the women that shines in the black community, she has two brothers, both of which are not ever going to be the success she is because they cannot and will not put in the effort.

Where am I going with this? I'll tell you, when this board talks about Atlanta being dangerous, nine times out of ten a case of a black male thug will be cited, no one will say anything about color until someone starts making some excuse about how it is the white mans fault because he kept slaves, but the simple fact is that black women are proving that color is not the issue, laziness is, all that other guff is an excuse. A thug is a thug, there is never an excuse.
You get a rep point for that.
THis stupid thug image and mentality is condoned and glorified in hip-hop and all other popular AA media. Didnt some idiotic club have a 'thug appreciation night' and then wondered why there was shooting in the parking lot? or something equally as stupid. I cant be bothered to think about such idiocy.
More time should be spent glorifying folks like Colin Powell or Bill Cosby who were born in the ghetto and PULLED themselved out of it LEGALLY, . . . thru intelligence and hard work.
I heard from a successful black woman (who was fed up with the excuses) that the worst enemy of the black man, . . . is the black man.

Old 08-20-2009, 12:15 PM

1,114 posts, read 2,348,885 times
Back to the topic of that thug getting out on bail and attacking the woman and her baby, the monitoring service didn't notify the judge until after the attack had happened. This being some 12 hrs after he cut his ankle monitor. Seems to me the private monitoring company is going to find itself very liable for this lapse.

Everyone from the monitoring company to the bailbondsman need to be checking their liability insurance at this point. They should have been tasering him within minutes of cutting the bracelet vs. letting him have half a day head start on his next senseless crime.

I personally wouldn't be against attaching a hand grenade to the ankle monitor. Then if you cut it at least you won't get very far missing a foot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta