Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 02:40 PM

32 posts, read 77,890 times

Advertisements

It can be ghetto on the weekends, particularly Sunday afternoons for some reason.

Old 10-27-2010, 02:42 PM

3,573 posts, read 5,308,673 times
I concur.

I wish that some of these private or non-profit organizations would coordinate with the local Middle & High Schools to provide more for these kids to do after school. Maybe more skateboard parks or something, and/or maybe more boxing or mix-martial arts gyms. Something to whittle down that nervous teenage energy.

There is never any true coodination around here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTL3000 View Post
To some folks, of any race, any place where a good number of young black kids hang out or shop is going to be considered ghetto no matter what.

Kids, no matter what race, like to hang out at malls for some reason. My theory is that there really isn't crap else for them to do in this city but that's another rant. I really don't go to Lenox often but I don't see all that many kids of any race just hanging out like I have at other malls when I do go there. They do a good job of keeping kids from congregating and that probably eases a lot of shoppers' minds. Adults are absolutely terrified of teenagers in America.

So, no. Lenox is about as far from ghetto as you can get. At least for modern, rational people.

Old 10-27-2010, 03:37 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,845,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
Whomever thought that Lenox Mall is the most ghetto mall in America has never taken the nine stop trip from there to The Mall West End. I hate using the term ghetto, but The Mall West End sure does live up to it.
does west end mall even count as a real mall??

Old 10-28-2010, 03:10 AM

106 posts, read 232,409 times
That Westend mall, for all it's crazyness, does have an exccelllent selection of Nike shoes.

Old 10-28-2010, 08:09 AM

426 posts, read 2,322,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrowOldGetWise View Post
That Westend mall, for all it's crazyness, does have an exccelllent selection of Nike shoes.
And a JimmyJazz!!

Old 10-28-2010, 09:41 AM

73 posts, read 109,599 times
Quote:
You can say that again.. Most ghetto malls have the best sneakers..Jimmy jazz always have a good table sale... Have u been in the Nike store at Lenox

Old 10-28-2010, 11:27 AM

7,731 posts, read 14,361,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
I Like Apple store as well, even though I visit Sony Style more. I think a Microsoft store is on the way, but the Microsoft brand is not as sexy as Apple products. I am sure Google is not to far behind with their own store. Im just guessing here, but the possiblity of Google going into retail seems like it will happen.
Yes, Microsoft is indeed on the way. It will be their first Southeastern store.

Microsoft will open store at Lenox Square | Atlanta Business Chronicle

Old 10-28-2010, 12:18 PM

1,885 posts, read 3,401,567 times
Quote:
That is so true, and is also indicative of any legitimate ghetto mall. Look for multiple shoe stores, and several ghetto flagship stores like Men of Fashion, City Trendz or Cavalier Fashion. You can't have a ghetto mall without those, and Lenox does not fit the bill.

*No offense to MOF shoppers, but I hate that place*

Old 10-28-2010, 12:23 PM

3,128 posts, read 6,532,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvez View Post
Got up to get a napkin in the food court for maybe 20 seconds. Purse was hanging on the chair. Way to blame the victim as usual. We came from an area without a lot of thugs and you could actually leave your stuff unattended for twenty seconds with no worries.
Sorry its called taking precautions. You are not at home. Which is worse thugs that steal your purse or thugs that steal your 401k?

Know your area, know your surroundings and don't get caught slipping. I've heard too many stories of people saying "I was only here for 20 seconds" and something happened.

That is not the malls fault.

Old 10-28-2010, 12:24 PM

3,128 posts, read 6,532,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL_Aficionado View Post
That is so true, and is also indicative of any legitimate ghetto mall. Look for multiple shoe stores, and several ghetto flagship stores like Men of Fashion, City Trendz or Cavalier Fashion. You can't have a ghetto mall without those, and Lenox does not fit the bill.

*No offense to MOF shoppers, but I hate that place*
lol and if you notice Lenox got rid of a few shoe stores. Now there are more upscale ones like Niketown and Puma. I think the only one left is the Champs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta