Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 07:33 AM

4,688 posts, read 8,022,098 times

Advertisements

Atlanta officials are moving closer to determining whether the city builds a second commercial airport or a new runway at the one it already has.
Atlanta City Council has given the green light for a study to determine the viability of a second commercial airport, or potentially a sixth runway at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport

City to study 2nd airport, sixth runway - Atlanta Business Chronicle:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2010, 08:03 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,298,453 times
Is there a passenger anywhere who really wants Hartsfield to get even busier than it is now?

A second airport would be more passenger friendly, in most cases.

Old 04-26-2010, 08:27 AM

4,688 posts, read 8,022,098 times
Hartsfield isnt THAT busy unless you are traveling during the holiday. It is still easy to get around. You check-in, go through security, and get on the train to your concourse.

Old 04-26-2010, 08:28 AM

2,218 posts, read 4,372,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdm_ad View Post
Trolling comment removed by moderator - people, do NOT quote troll comments and reply to them, please ..
Last few times I went thru ATL security the wait was less than 10 minutes and no one around me seemed angry or impatient.

With over 200 gates I'm sure some percentage of flights are going to be delayed. That certainly isn't unique to ATL. Ever connected through ORD?

And I am not sweaty.

Bill

Last edited by atlantagreg30127; 03-20-2011 at 11:32 AM..

Old 04-26-2010, 08:43 AM

126 posts, read 318,023 times
Quote:
Trolling comment removed by moderator - people, do NOT quote troll comments and reply to them, please
As someone who travels for work, Hartsfield is not that bad at all. If you want to talk about a crappy airport, lets talk about MCI/KCI (Kansas City). What a moronic design they have there. Security is very efficient at ATL, considering how many people pass through there on a daily basis.

I will give you the sweating thing though. Why do they need to maintain the temperature at 75? Maybe they just dont use the HVAC system like they should.

Considering Hartsfield is the busiest airport in the world, I think its says something how quickly I can get around in there. I live in buckhead, and leave my house an hour and a 45 minutes before my flight. Never missed one.

Comparing it to CLT is like comparing a scooter to a harley, so lets not even go there.

Old 04-26-2010, 08:46 AM

1,262 posts, read 2,975,179 times
Quote:
Trolling comment removed by moderator - people, do NOT quote troll comments and reply to them, please
Well seeing as Hartsfield is the busiest airport in the country, I would imagine that the vast majority of the people you encountered weren't actually Southern. However, flying through Charlotte, I bet you could many more of my odiferous brethren.

Old 04-26-2010, 10:53 AM

37 posts, read 74,679 times
ATL does it's job well, but it is a hassel. It isn't close to where the good areas of Atlanta metro are, the parking adds time and pickup and droppoff are every man for himself. A smaller and easier airport would be a huge hit down here.

Old 04-26-2010, 10:54 AM

7,887 posts, read 17,195,472 times
Quote:
As one who flies and has flown all over the world for years, your comments are BS.

The one comment/criticism on ATL that I would make is the security choke point is not optimal. I'd also hate to be there when a terrorist explodes a device just as he's going through the checkpoint. Not only would he kill many people, but he'd bring the entire airport to a halt. Otherwise, the airport works quite well, especially considering the volume of passengers and aircraft that pass through annually.

Last edited by atlantagreg30127; 03-20-2011 at 11:33 AM..

Old 04-26-2010, 12:22 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,368,320 times
Quote:
So you say my post is BS then you go on and agree with one of my points. Hahahaha, good one. I didn't realize how sensitive you homers would be on this subject.

If you want to see a 1st class major airport go to DIA. ATL has NOTHING on that airport.
Interesting that this airport you despise so much was the model for the design of none other than DIA!!!!

You need to travel more if you think Hartsfield is so bad.

Old 04-26-2010, 12:30 PM

529 posts, read 1,009,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
Interesting that this airport you despise so much was the model for the design of none other than DIA!!!!

You need to travel more if you think Hartsfield is so bad.
They did it right in Denver, compare those spacious terminals with the cramped, dank and stanky terminals at ATL

You need to travel more if you think ATL is so good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta